Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hope so
Dear Introcan@ My noc is 6661. Job is Room attendent in worlds No 1 Hotel.
This noc is One in the list where all services industries banned I mean under moratorium.
And I applied wp appli 6 month before. What would u like to say abt me??

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singham said:
Dear Introcan @ My noc is 6661. Job is Room attendent in worlds No 1 Hotel.
This noc is One in the list where all services industries banned I mean under moratorium.
You're not affected by the moratorium since you are not involved in the food service business. Your work permit will be processed as usual. Even if the moratorium applied to you, then they'd just hold your work permit application until this moratorium is over. They wouldn't stop processing it.

Singham

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
CHANDIGARH
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hope so
Thnks dear for info..So Still hope for me.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singham said:
Thnks dear for info..So Still hope for me.
Yes, there's still hope for you. Consider yourself lucky that they didn't extend this moratorium to the entire low-skilled stream during the past two weeks. First the NDP tried to motion a vote for it to be shut down, and then the Liberals tried the same thing a few days ago. Both of these motions ultimately failed. I always thought that the NDP was pro-immigration. Apparently, I was dead wrong about that, despite the fact that their party's constitution touts a pro-immigration agenda.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kafka khaos said:
if they can just keep importing cheap foreigners?
I rest my case on what I say about Canadians not respecting TFWs. This person is a prime example of people from those hate groups who see us all as sub-human, cheap, disposable objects.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@stopDA, i support you stance. It is not that i don't see the problems Canadians are voicing as their concerns. However, they go way too far and the term has been repeated so many times despite several people politely asking to use appropriate language. I also appreciate your still keeping a decent note and am pretty sure it expresses your credibility as a respectable fellow being.

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
aquablue said:
@ maling
he applied nov 2013 in VFS abu dhabi and they told him that application submitted to VFS will only take 4-6 months processing.
Application will be on its 6 month on May 24, 2014. They give him a tracking number too. Then after that he can call or email VFS regarding his visa.

did you directly submit your application in canadian embassy-abu dhabi? if directly, it will take 7-8 months processing.
I submitted my application online, which also says 4-6 months processing. This month I will be completing 5 months, but still there is no clue on whats happening with my application...

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maling said:
I submitted my application online, which also says 4-6 months processing. This month I will be completing 5 months, but still there is no clue on whats happening with my application...
Is this a work permit application? I thought that you were already in Canada. If you are, then it shouldn't be taking this long. I remember you mentioning that your LMO was approved back in December.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
@ stopDA, i support you stance. It is not that i don't see the problems Canadians are voicing as their concerns. However, they go way too far and the term has been repeated so many times despite several people politely asking to use appropriate language. I also appreciate your still keeping a decent note and am pretty sure it expresses your credibility as a respectable fellow being.
There's no getting around the fact that TFWs and immigrants are hated, plain and simple. Many Canadians are closet racists and now this TFW controversy is the perfect excuse for them to express these racist and xenophobic feelings of theirs. Cheap? Imports? Come on, how can anyone believe that they respect us when they use such terms to describe us? I'm not even going to delve into the other things I'm reading in the comments on news articles and on these anti-immigrant hate discussions on the internet. They see us as cheap imported objects, not human beings. For crying out loud, one of the people on this chat was just caught in the act of using such derogatory terms to describe TFWs.

Going by THEIR logic (not mine), we were all born to please them and whenever we cease to be convenient, then we're useless garbage that can be tossed aside as such. Hence why they want a mass deportation order of all TFWs without even so much as a warning and phooey on whatever rights we have to be treated with a certain level of common courtesy. Yet many Canadians still love to carry on smugly bragging about their so-called tolerance, progressivism and modernism with this sense of moral superiority. For all you know, the people posting these hateful and borderline-racist comments could be your seemingly-friendly co-worker or next-door neighbor who you would never suspect says such things.

kafka khaos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stopDA said:
I rest my case on what I say about Canadians not respecting TFWs. This person is a prime example of people from those hate groups who see us all as sub-human, cheap, disposable objects.
Theres nothing wrong with talking about "importing cheap labour". I'm not sure why you take offense to that term. But you misunderstand Canadians who use that term. It is not meant to be offensive, it is simply describing what is going on in the historical context of Canada.

In the 1980s and 1990s thru free trade agreements like NAFTA hundreds of thousands of Canadian jobs in manufacturing were exported overseas. Factories were moved to Mexico, China, etc, and hundreds of thousands of middle class Canadians permanently lost access to those jobs. Its complete destroyed an entire sector and an entire way of life. Imagine if 90% of farmers were one day wiped out. That's what happened. It was common at the time to talk about the jobs being exported overseas. It was an extremely popular move for right-wing conservatives, and extremely contentious move for left-wing parties like the NDP that traditionally support the working class.

The happy-ending was that Canadians were at least left with jobs that could not be exported. Like farm labour, service industry, etc.

Of course leaving any jobs for any Canadians is counter to conservative policy, so in 2006 Harper ramped up the TFW program. He couldn't export those service jobs, instead he allowed companies to import cheap foreign labour to fill them. In effect accomplishing the same thing the conservatives "achieved" in the 80s and 90s with factory and manufacturing jobs.

Hopefully that explanation helps you understand why the term is used. The term helps frame the debate in recent Canadian history, especially the history of the conservative party and their treatment of working class Canadians.

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
stopDA said:
Is this a work permit application? I thought that you were already in Canada. If you are, then it shouldn't be taking this long. I remember you mentioning that your LMO was approved back in December.

Yes, it came last dec and I had submitted also last Dec 26 online, but sad to say in abu dhabi where my application is being processed takes so much time. I am already in my 5th month of waiting...

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kafka khaos said:
Theres nothing wrong with talking about "importing cheap labour". I'm not sure why you take offense to that term. But you misunderstand Canadians who use that term. It is not meant to be offensive, it is simply describing what is going on in the historical context of Canada.

In the 1980s and 1990s thru free trade agreements like NAFTA hundreds of thousands of Canadian jobs in manufacturing were exported overseas. Factories were moved to Mexico, China, etc, and hundreds of thousands of middle class Canadians permanently lost access to those jobs. Its complete destroyed an entire sector and an entire way of life. Imagine if 90% of farmers were one day wiped out. That's what happened. It was common at the time to talk about the jobs being exported overseas. It was an extremely popular move for right-wing conservatives, and extremely contentious move for left-wing parties like the NDP that traditionally support the working class.

The happy-ending was that Canadians were at least left with jobs that could not be exported. Like farm labour, service industry, etc.

Of course leaving any jobs for any Canadians is counter to conservative policy, so in 2006 Harper ramped up the TFW program. He couldn't export those service jobs, instead he allowed companies to import cheap foreign labour to fill them. In effect accomplishing the same thing the conservatives "achieved" in the 80s and 90s with factory and manufacturing jobs.

Hopefully that explanation helps you understand why the term is used. The term helps frame the debate in recent Canadian history, especially the history of the conservative party and their treatment of working class Canadians.
Nice try, but I've seen all those comments that speak of us as cheap, third-world, poor, trashy imports. I highly doubt that they're using that term in a non-offensive manner. Even during my job search, I encountered such attitudes where some of my potential employers and recruiters alike spoke to me like cheap, useless garbage as if they're all better than me simply because I wasn't born in their country. Obviously, I'm not working for those people and I found a few respectful employers willing to sponsor me before this moratorium. Up until now, I thought that attitudes like those were the exception, but sadly it's turning out to be the norm with all these borderline racist comments.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maling said:
Yes, it came last dec and I had submitted also last Dec 26 online, but sad to say in abu dhabi where my application is being processed takes so much time. I am already in my 5th month of waiting...
As of March 10, processing times are now taking 7 months:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Singham said:
Dear Introcan @ My noc is 6661. Job is Room attendent in worlds No 1 Hotel.
@ Singham. I'm sorry to say your Job(NOC 6661) also included in Moratorium. Please see the link for information 1.http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/index.shtml

2.http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/q_a.shtml

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013