+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check stuck

Ligal2828

Sep 6, 2023
from which country did you apply?
how long did it take for your eligibility to be completed? My background check is showing status "in progress", however, my eliblity status showing "not started".

I am just curious to know my backgrounf check status is howing "in progress", is it by default? or could it be started first then eligibility criteria? in both new or old portals, i m getting the same status.

Tommy, please any updates on your case, ppr received?

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Tommy, please any updates on your case, ppr received?
yesterday i got a reply from ircc that they are working on processing applications as quickly as possible. They will contact me in due time when final decision is reached.

I also got a reply from local austrian embassy they wrote that my application is under background check. They do not have fixed time frame when results from background check can be received. It can be weeks or months, no fixed time frame.

just wait for their next update. thats how it is.

Ligal2828

Sep 6, 2023
yesterday i got a reply from ircc that they are working on processing applications as quickly as possible. They will contact me in due time when final decision is reached.

I also got a reply from local austrian embassy they wrote that my application is under background check. They do not have fixed time frame when results from background check can be received. It can be weeks or months, no fixed time frame.

just wait for their next update. that's how it is.
Oh okay. i believe your PPR will land soon. Please can you share your timeline with us and also have you seen any changes in Status Tracker :- your background check is showing status "in progress", and your eligibility status showing "not started".

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Oh okay. i believe your PPR will land soon. Please can you share your timeline with us and also have you seen any changes in Status Tracker :- your background check is showing status "in progress", and your eligibility status showing "not started".
timeline:

applied filed: 25 april 2023 from germany
biometrics done: 2 May 2023
eligliblity started and completed: 24 May 2023 started and completed same day.
Background verification in progress: May 25 2023

Application status showing " in progress". I have a valid USA visa . Does not seem to me like fast processing under CAN+.

My travel dates have already gone in June.

Ligal2828

Sep 6, 2023
timeline:

applied filed: 25 april 2023 from germany
biometrics done: 2 May 2023
eligliblity started and completed: 24 May 2023 started and completed same day.
Background verification in progress: May 25 2023

Application status showing " in progress". I have a valid USA visa . Does not seem to me like fast processing under CAN+.

My travel dates have already gone in June.
Your PPR will soon come.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Your PPR will soon come.
I appreciate your optimism, however, even local austrian embassy is not sure of receiving results from background check. If ircc forwards these results to local austrian embassy, they just sent me a generic email like they are working on handling applications quickly. There might be some hope of receiving it soon. This soon is converting into more and more months as we speak. To be honest, I have no idea about their processing system. I mean, someone with a similar profile applied in August from Germany through new portal, He got a ppr request within 7 days after applying. I mean, what happened to his background check(done within 7 days how?) sure he recently visited USA and fell under CAN+ category. Again such a huge difference when it comes to performing background checks. We both have a valid USA visa but different processing times. Strange.

Let's hope for the best.

Ligal2828

Sep 6, 2023
I appreciate your optimism, however, even local austrian embassy is not sure of receiving results from background check. If ircc forwards these results to local austrian embassy, they just sent me a generic email like they are working on handling applications quickly. There might be some hope of receiving it soon. This soon is converting into more and more months as we speak. To be honest, I have no idea about their processing system. I mean, someone with a similar profile applied in August from Germany through new portal, He got a ppr request within 7 days after applying. I mean, what happened to his background check(done within 7 days how?) sure he recently visited USA and fell under CAN+ category. Again such a huge difference when it comes to performing background checks. We both have a valid USA visa but different processing times. Strange.

Let's hope for the best.
Yeah, you are right.. I believe, when you apply through the Old Portal i.e. GCKEY delays a little but with the New Portal i.e. IRCC Portal, you receive result faster and quicker. But i still believe your PPR will land soon. Brother.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Yeah, you are right.. I believe, when you apply through the Old Portal i.e. GCKEY delays a little but with the New Portal i.e. IRCC Portal, you receive result faster and quicker. But i still believe your PPR will land soon. Brother.
one of my friends applied for canadian visitor visa from mexico. His application has been idle for the last 4 months. Not eligliblity started. Background verification is "in progress". His biometrics were completed on May 16.

He wrote an email to local canadian consulate in Mexico about his application status on september 5. He received a reponse that they could not tell exact proccessing estimates and how long would it take to be processed. Unfortunately, his visa application was refused on september 7 during eligiblity phase and background verification was done on the same day of biometrics May 16.

very starnge behavior to be honest within the next day they made a final decision one thing is for sure eligiblity is the phase where application is either approved or refused.i

Have they forgtten about your application and you have to wake them up?

canada nature

Star Member
Sep 2, 2023
can you share your timeline when was your biometrics done and when did your eligibility complete?

what was your prupose of travel and how long were you going for on what dates?

they are working on backlogs so i believe in a week or two you might get to hear about it.

wow i appreciate your patience though
any update you have ? you got the visa?

MelonCar

Nov 25, 2023
no updates. still stuck in background verification processing since may 25.
I sadly experience the same thing as you. I completed biometrics in May 2023 and still waiting for anything to happen. Since then my Background check says in progress up until now. Eligibility not started. Have you heard anything yet?

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
I sadly experience the same thing as you. I completed biometrics in May 2023 and still waiting for anything to happen. Since then my Background check says in progress up until now. Eligibility not started. Have you heard anything yet?
nope. it is well worth the long wait if they make it as a christmas gift in any case i have moved on with my life and no longer think about visitng Canada at the moment.
my eligiblity was completed within 1 month then there is no news. There is no fixed timeframe for background verification so this is unfortunately sad.
They will contact me when final decision has been made on my application and need further information from my side.

from which country you filed your application i am from germany

MelonCar

Nov 25, 2023
nope. it is well worth the long wait if they make it as a christmas gift in any case i have moved on with my life and no longer think about visitng Canada at the moment.
my eligiblity was completed within 1 month then there is no news. There is no fixed timeframe for background verification so this is unfortunately sad.
They will contact me when final decision has been made on my application and need further information from my side.

from which country you filed your application i am from germany
I am sorry to hear that. I applied from South Africa. Just keeping faith though as I have plane tickets and everything too for December. I thought a 7 month period would've been enough to get an answer