+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check stuck

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
do you know on what date was your eligibility process started and when was it completed? I mean, do you remember the excat date month?

Also, do you remember when was your background check started? was it 19th april 2023?

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
my background verification in progress since 28th Feb, and it seems lots of people last update was on 19th April
Did you apply for study visa or visitor visa?

did your eligibility start first then background verification? is your eligibility completed?

Thanks

jurchenj

May 18, 2023
Hi, I apply for a work permit, eligibility on IRCC tracker saying "completed", but in GCkey the "Review of eligibility" part is still that we're reviewing stuff.
background verification in progress since 28th Feb and no more update.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Hi, I apply for a work permit, eligibility on IRCC tracker saying "completed", but in GCkey the "Review of eligibility" part is still that we're reviewing stuff.
from which country did you apply?
how long did it take for your eligibility to be completed? My background check is showing status "in progress", however, my eliblity status showing "not started".

I am just curious to know my backgrounf check status is howing "in progress", is it by default? or could it be started first then eligibility criteria? in both new or old portals, i m getting the same status.

jurchenj

May 18, 2023
from which country did you apply?
how long did it take for your eligibility to be completed? My background check is showing status "in progress", however, my eliblity status showing "not started".

I am just curious to know my backgrounf check status is howing "in progress", is it by default? or could it be started first then eligibility criteria? in both new or old portals, i m getting the same status.
Hi, I applied from China & submitted in early February, and only registered the IRCC tracker yesterday. To be frank I really don't know how long the eligibility took, the timeline didn't show when the eligibility was completed(I doubt whether it has this status), but showing background verification started on 28th Feb. I've done some search on Chinese, for study permit, both the eligibility and background could be "in progress" at the same time in the tracker from a screenshot: https://www.xiaohongshu.com/explore/645c6908000000001203c3fc

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
what is the processing time from China. I mean if it has over exceeded already then you must raise a webform. it is already 2.5 months.

jurchenj

May 18, 2023
what is the processing time from China. I mean if it has over exceeded already then you must raise a webform. it is already 2.5 months.
yes thanks for the notice, since official processing time says 18 weeks, I'll have to wait another 3-4 weeks for it.

Sularbaba

Star Member
Feb 8, 2023
I app
l applied for Work permit too but my background is in progress while eligibility hasn’t started

Sularbaba

Star Member
Feb 8, 2023
well, just ask them politely when the background check will be completed and when roughly can you expect a decision on your application. Be honest and to the point.
Lol no matter how politely you ask them, they can’t tell you when a decision will be made on your application