+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) to enter USA

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
All of your question, answer is YES. AVR can be used both air and land.
***I thought this is my question. I was in the same situation in Nov and did softlanding, returned backbusing AVR
thankyou so much for your response. I truly appreciate. Which land border did you use to do soft landing and return into USA? Also, did Canada side officers ask you any questions? Did you drive into Canada or just walked across and return? Lastly, did you talk to the CBP officer on the border before stepping into Canada (just to gauge their awareness about AVR process)? How much time did the whole process take for you? I am sorry for asking so many questions. Just trying to make sure things dont fall apart as I will also have my little one with me.

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
thankyou so much for your response. I truly appreciate. Which land border did you use to do soft landing and return into USA? Also, did Canada side officers ask you any questions? Did you drive into Canada or just walked across and return? Lastly, did you talk to the CBP officer on the border before stepping into Canada (just to gauge their awareness about AVR process)? How much time did the whole process take for you? I am sorry for asking so many questions. Just trying to make sure things dont fall apart as I will also have my little one with me.
Below is my experience..
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/softlanding-experience-windsor-detroit-tunnel-by-rented-car-returned-back-to-us-using-avr-2-vaccinated-parents-and-6yr-old-unvaccinated.748562/

Reactions: Abhi1982

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Yes and yes.
Thankyou for your time and response. Did you complete soft landing via land border? I am a PNP nominee. Did you request for your PR card to be sent to your US address? Did the officers on either side have any concerns while working on your case/border crossing/landing?

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Thankyou so much. I read your landing experience and felt confident. I am be asking for too much, but is it possible for you to share with me a sample of the GTC and GTF forms? how those are to be filled - to what level of detail. I will need to spend time and work on those lists before doing soft landing.

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Here you go. This is the GTF-A This is GTF: [ Just fill in Importers Name with your name and address with your Canadian Friends address, if not then your present address, it doesnt matter).
thanks for sharing. Will refer to these. The CAD value on the right column has to be the new product market value or the value will be less if its a used product? Like - PS4 - $400 for a new PS4? or if I have had the product for 2 years, I can declare it at $200 for example? And if I declare some product to follow, but dont end up taking them, I think that is not an issue correct?

shenanigans

Jul 22, 2021
Yeah approx value.. all the values I put are in less than their actual price. Its paperwork, just helps them to speed up things later. No one is interested in verifying how expensive your old couch is.

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Yeah approx value.. all the values I put are in less than their actual price. Its paperwork, just helps them to speed up things later. No one is interested in verifying how expensive your old couch is.
Hello. I am thinking if all goes well, I will do a soft landing sometime in April. For the GTF form, does it even need to capture stuff like clothing, footwear, etc? and if yes, can that just be one entry, for e.g. clothing or shoes - and an approx dollar value? or does one need to go into specific details of any kind? Second, for the car, which I am planning to buy a new one, I think the engine number or chassis number will suffice on the form? Would you know if for any reason I hv not yet bought the car by the time I soft land, can I still mention a make model there at the MSRP?

akashpatel145

Oct 14, 2021
Hello,
I have been using AVR to entre USA on H1B. I had F1 visa in past that is expired now. Today I was mistakenly admitted in USA as F1 (instead of H1B), I came to know this after checking my latest i94.
Do I have 30days from today to enter in USA next time, or 30days from the last time I was admitted as H1B? I don’t know the entrance based on Visa Class have anything to do with AVR 30days. Considering WFH, I might not travel to USA anytime soon.
Please advise.
Thanks.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello,
I have been using AVR to entre USA on H1B. I had F1 visa in past that is expired now. Today I was mistakenly admitted in USA as F1 (instead of H1B), I came to know this after checking my latest i94.
Do I have 30days from today to enter in USA next time, or 30days from the last time I was admitted as H1B? I don’t know the entrance based on Visa Class have anything to do with AVR 30days. Considering WFH, I might not travel to USA anytime soon.
Please advise.
Thanks.
I believe you can correct this at the border itself. Go to the border and let them know that this was wrongly displayed or entered. If you have been already using AVR why did this error occur all of a sudden? Anyways, you should be able to correct it at the border.

Note: I just checked mine, its showing old date as an entry. Seems like some glitch at their end.

su0du0tict

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
I have a question, all who are using AVR for commuting, does CBP always stamp passport every time. My concern is if that is the case , then my pages will get exhausted thus the query .
I used AVR today at Pacific Highway and was requested for secondary inspection and then was stamped and granted entry.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I have a question, all who are using AVR for commuting, does CBP always stamp passport every time. My concern is if that is the case , then my pages will get exhausted thus the query .
I used AVR today at Pacific Highway and was requested for secondary inspection and then was stamped and granted entry.
nope, they swipe your passport. it will electronically recorded.

su0du0tict

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Thanks Swan, in that case only first time they do it is correct . They did for me today so .
I had expired US visa and this was the first time I used AVR

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Thanks Swan, in that case only first time they do it is correct . They did for me today so .
I had expired US visa and this was the first time I used AVR
Yes . thats right. First time they stamp your passport or give i94 paper slip. from next time they will swipe it.