+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization to return to Canada.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Ok so i shud try and ask air canada to confirm this for me.
Immigration is so confusing I don’t know what they are doing.
Well, we're making this up as we go along but you could see Air Canada ticketing at the airport and explain that you've got the visa to get aboard the jet, but are concerned about the ARC and instead of having an issue after a long flight could they contact their Canadian Liaison Officer and confirm that you've received the ARC in their system.

It's the simple truth that the visa office is very hard to contact and since they have a direct line of contact, and you'd like to be tan Air Canada passenger - why not?

The Liaison should be able to settle it one way or another, but I only offer this because issuing the visa without an accompanying ARC can't be the process because how could the airline possibly know about the requirement for an ARC? They see a visa and say welcome aboard.

Will it work? I don't know, but the Canadian public servant who's paid to work in the High Commission and routinely talks to Air Canada is pretty much there for this sort of purpose.

Air Canada should ask, "please confirm if we can board this person with a visa, but without a physical ARC? Please confirm their ability to lawfully enter Canada?"

I'm sorry if it doesn't work but perhaps it may.

Ana@@@

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
Well, we're making this up as we go along but you could see Air Canada ticketing at the airport and explain that you've got the visa to get aboard the jet, but are concerned about the ARC and instead of having an issue after a long flight could they contact their Canadian Liaison Officer and confirm that you've received the ARC in their system.

It's the simple truth that the visa office is very hard to contact and since they have a direct line of contact, and you'd like to be tan Air Canada passenger - why not?

The Liaison should be able to settle it one way or another, but I only offer this because issuing the visa without an accompanying ARC can't be the process because how could the airline possibly know about the requirement for an ARC? They see a visa and say welcome aboard.

Will it work? I don't know, but the Canadian public servant who's paid to work in the High Commission and routinely talks to Air Canada is pretty much there for this sort of purpose.

Air Canada should ask, "please confirm if we can board this person with a visa, but without a physical ARC? Please confirm their ability to lawfully enter Canada?"

I'm sorry if it doesn't work but perhaps it may.
Thanks for your help…. I will call n ask air canada today n see what they say.
Let’s see if it works out.

Zanplat

Apr 1, 2023
Hi, everyone! Could anybody help me to find the answer to my question or just show me directions where I can find answers myself? Back in 2008 I was denied refugee and got a removal order, now I got ARC and come to Canada. Now I do not know what I should do next to clear my name for applying for PR. I have a work permit. Thanks in advance.

P4L1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Hi, everyone! Could anybody help me to find the answer to my question or just show me directions where I can find answers myself? Back in 2008 I was denied refugee and got a removal order, now I got ARC and come to Canada. Now I do not know what I should do next to clear my name for applying for PR. I have a work permit. Thanks in advance.
Where you want to clear your name? Since you already got ARC, i dont think you are gonna face any problem in PR regarding this

Miledarome

Dec 31, 2022
Please if it okay share your timeline

Mar 2, 2023
USA
Category........
BUSINESS
I can understand your concern about your husband's application for authorization to return to Canada. It's difficult to say for sure what his chances of approval are, as each case is unique and the decision will ultimately depend on various factors, such as the reasons for his departure order and the length of time he overstayed.

However, paying back the cost of his ticket and the application fee is definitely a step in the right direction and shows that he is willing to take responsibility for his past actions. Additionally, it may be helpful for him to gather any relevant documentation or evidence that can support his case and demonstrate his ties to Canada, such as employment records, property ownership, or family ties.

I would also recommend seeking the guidance of a qualified immigration lawyer or consultant, who can provide you with more detailed advice and assist you with the application process. They may be able to help you identify any potential challenges or issues with the application and provide you with strategies to address them.

Overall, I wish you and your husband the best of luck with the application process and hope that he is able to return to Canada soon.

Ana@@@

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
Please note that a new ARC application was opened under ARC**** and has been associated to your permanent residency application. Furthermore, it appears that the previous officer assigned to your application, has re-opened your EP**** file, therefore, your permanent resident visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence has been cancelled. Please do not attempt to enter Canada at this time or as planned.
We will contact you if further information is required, and will process your file accordingly.
Just received this response from ircc

mcsheep

Jun 27, 2023
Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has gone through this process in Bogota. I know it might take several months for them to actually do something with the application but who knows.. I would like to know if anyone has had any luck in receiving any response sooner than later.

Thank you!

mnova

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
I applied spousal with arc. Everything is approved and passed on tracker. I was asked to submit arc in nov 2022 with fees which i did in couple days. But now they asked for arc again with fees .. i dont know what went wrong .. can anyone help ?
Hey, has your arc been approved? And if you don't mind answer..... where is your VO?

Ana@@@

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
Hi all….
Is there anyone who wrote down a letter to support ARC…. Would u please be able to share is as a sample so i can hv a clue what am I suppose to write down