+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization to return to Canada.

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Ok I thought it looks like a certificate of departure…..
But one more thing… i had the departure order issued to me not the other 3 of those columns on the certificate of departure…. Some people says I don’t need arc some says i do, becoz i was a failed refugee… so doesn’t matter if it’s juss a departure order i still need an arc to enter
Failed refugee almost always requires an ARC because the countdown starts from when the original status expires (i.e., tourist visa expiry)

Ana@@@

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
Hello everyone!

I am applying for express entry. I got my PPR on may 6, and my ARC today. This is my timeline, in case someone is interested.

OCT 2019 - AOR
....Loong wait....

FEB 2022 - ADR, such as new PCC and Schedule A
APR 05 2022 - ARC fee request, with a letter explaining why I want to return to Canada
APR 24 2022 - ARC fee and letter sent
MAY 06 2022 - PPR letter
MAY 19 2022 - Letter of accompanying visa
MAY 19 2022 - ARC received by mail

Good luck to everyone!
Hi I’m kind of in same situation…
Permanent resident pnp
Ppr request feb 6
Passport stamped and copr received on 23 feb
But i hv nothing about arc yet…
Did u get arc later as well?

Ana@@@

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
Hi

my visa stamp and copr will be expiring in 2 months… does anyone have a clue if i will get response in my arc before then or what would happen…
My arc is still under process….
I received ppr on feb 6,2023…
Shud i send an email to sean fraser about this or what it is that i shud do?? Do anyone have experience who can explain.

royalrumble

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Hi

my visa stamp and copr will be expiring in 2 months… does anyone have a clue if i will get response in my arc before then or what would happen…
My arc is still under process….
I received ppr on feb 6,2023…
Shud i send an email to sean fraser about this or what it is that i shud do?? Do anyone have experience who can explain.
Have you first confirmed by calling IRCC or emailing your visa office?

I can confirm through contacting IRCC that ARC application is finalised first before finalising the spousal application.

Ana@@@

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
Have you first confirmed by calling IRCC or emailing your visa office?

I can confirm through contacting IRCC that ARC application is finalised first before finalising the spousal application.
I called ircc they said they are processing….

mine was pnp based not spousal so not sure what happened here…
The situation was like this.
I had departure order paid for my own tickets n all…
Last year when i got adr request i paid for arc was well before they even asked.
Then on feb 6 i got ppr on 23 visa n copr but on my copr nothing about arc,… so when i saw online my status got back to in process again n ircc said ur file is in delhi n open they are working on it.

royalrumble

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021

Last year when i got adr request i paid for arc was well before they even asked.
Then on feb 6 i got ppr on 23 visa n copr but on my copr nothing about arc,… so when i saw online my status got back to in process again n ircc said ur file is in delhi n open they are working on it.
Yea i am not sure what is going on here. I think different visa offices have different procedures...but I guess just wait and see. I know this is a stressful situation and you can try contacting sean frasers office but in my experience...i did not get a reply back. I would keep pushing your visa office to clarify.

Ana@@@

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
Yea i am not sure what is going on here. I think different visa offices have different procedures...but I guess just wait and see. I know this is a stressful situation and you can try contacting sean frasers office but in my experience...i did not get a reply back. I would keep pushing your visa office to clarify.
What shud i even ask sean fraser? Would u mind giving suggestions?
I will send an email to delhi office as well.
When i send an email to Sean Fraser can I attach my copr, visa, job offer letter, advance tickets, conversations with boss, n my departure order to expedite the processing time it been 24 months now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What shud i even ask sean fraser? Would u mind giving suggestions?
I will send an email to delhi office as well.
When i send an email to Sean Fraser can I attach my copr, visa, job offer letter, advance tickets, conversations with boss, n my departure order to expedite the processing time it been 24 months now.
There is no point emailing Sean Fraser. The email just gets forwarded to IRCC

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Have you ordered GCMS notes?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Yea sure thanks… will try to figure out
Hi, if you're able then you could possibly contact the airline that you may be taking and ask them to contact the Airlines Liaison from the Canadian High Commission to verify if you currently have all of the authorization necessary to travel to Canada.

I don't promise results but these are the people that the airlines contact directly when they have concerns about boarding passengers. They have a pipeline to the Canadian representative.

It's odd that they've provided you with everything but the ARC.

Good luck.

Reactions: royalrumble

Ana@@@

Star Member
Jun 29, 2021
Hi, if you're able then you could possibly contact the airline that you may be taking and ask them to contact the Airlines Liaison from the Canadian High Commission to verify if you currently have all of the authorization necessary to travel to Canada.

I don't promise results but these are the people that the airlines contact directly when they have concerns about boarding passengers. They have a pipeline to the Canadian representative.

It's odd that they've provided you with everything but the ARC.

Good luck.
Ok so i shud try and ask air canada to confirm this for me.
Immigration is so confusing I don’t know what they are doing.