+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian Police Check

umairhaq

Apr 10, 2018
Hi Guys,

Need urgent help for Australia PCC,
i was in Australia in 2010 for 7 months, for that i need PCC .
I applied online and submitted my Bank statement , passport copy , and tax assessment .
Now i received reply from them that they can't accept tax assessment which is older than 2 years.
they gave me multiple options for secondary documents , but i don't have any .
Only one option is looks feasible is "Document issue outside Australia (Equivalent to Australian Document)" , so what all are document can be used to fulfill this?
Please help....
HI Mayu,

I have sent you a PM, please check and response.

umairhaq

Apr 10, 2018
Did you get it yet? Mine was very fast. Within a day.
Dear,

I need your help. I saw your post where you had applied for Australia PC. Please help me on below.

I used to live in Australia and for CIC I need an Australian police certificate.

While filling online application I am a bit confused about the following questions. Can anyone help me with that, please?

Your current residential address must not be a PO Box or Business Address. In the event you do not recall the exact dates of relocation, please enter the first day of the relevant month as a default date.

Do you currently live in Australia? Yes No - I am choosing NO, as I am living in UAE, Dubai.
Country of Residence* UAE
Unit No / Street No / Street Name* Dubai Address
Suburb / Town / Locality* Dubai Address
State Dubai Address
Postcode - Dubai Post Code
Address Start Date * When I landed in Dubai.

What should I fill in below section?

6.3 Previous Residential Address
In the event you have not resided in your current location for 10 years or greater, please provide details of your previous residential addresses noting they must not be a PO Box or Business Address. If you wish to add additional previous addresses, click the 'Add more' button.
Country of Residence*
Unit No / Street No / Street Name*
Suburb / Town / Locality*
State
Postcode
Address Start Date *

Please assist me.

Akmp

Oct 10, 2019
If anyone submit full discloser pcc for express entry for canada. Can they rejected the file or ask for another right one. Please guide and help.
Thank you

Akmp

Oct 10, 2019
I obtained a National Police Certificate which is titled 'Complete Disclosure' All recorded offences released, Name Check Only.
Is that ok or need standard disclosure pcc from australia..i submitt my file already for express entry....if visa officer not accept then will he ask additional documents. I worry about that please help.

KONCHECK

Oct 17, 2019
If anyone submit full discloser pcc for express entry for canada. Can they rejected the file or ask for another right one. Please guide and help.
Thank you
Hello Akmp,

As per my knowledge, full discloser PCC for express entry for Canada is not accepted. You must choose 'Overseas employment/visa' instead of Immigration/Citizenship. Immigration/Citizenship refers to you are immigrating to Australia.

If you have already applied, you may have received something like that from CIC, 'Which Australian police certificates are not acceptable - "Certificates issued based on a 'Complete Disclosure.'

If you would have chosen 'Overseas employment/visa', a Standard Dis-closer PCC is released.

There are two types of National Police check in Australia. If you are in Australia and need a National Police check for Employment or Volunteer purpose, there are a few accredited sites by Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC). You can apply for the check via these sites like KONCHECK. But if you need a check for Immigration, Overseas employment, you need an AFP check.

So, you can apply for the PCC again. I hope this helps. Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hey guys,

I read on CIC website that we need to provide licence history as well if staying/stayed in VIC/Queensland. Have you guys did that? or it is not necessary?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/australia.html
I do not understand this thought process. "IRCC tells me that I need X. Maybe I can ask some random stranger to tell me I don´t need it, and everything will work out OK" o_O

Yes, you need the traffic/license histories. If you notice "Date modifed" at the bottom, the page very up-to-date.

In most cases, people who fail to provide those simply have their applications rejected as incomplete.

MateDownUnder

Nov 5, 2019
I do not understand this thought process. "IRCC tells me that I need X. Maybe I can ask some random stranger to tell me I don´t need it, and everything will work out OK" o_O

Yes, you need the traffic/license histories. If you notice "Date modifed" at the bottom, the page very up-to-date.

In most cases, people who fail to provide those simply have their applications rejected as incomplete.
Haha thanks for your input. What I might have skipped was I am just a temporary resident of Australia with no Australian driving licence. On top of that, I never heard from anywhere on other forums and whatsapp groups about driving history. I guess these forums are for strangers helping strangers afterall.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Haha thanks for your input. What I might have skipped was I am just a temporary resident of Australia with no Australian driving licence. On top of that, I never heard from anywhere on other forums and whatsapp groups about driving history. I guess these forums are for strangers helping strangers afterall.
Yes, they are and can be incredibly valuable. Almost always, forum members have very good intentions (have only seen a couple of bad actors over the years), but the info can get a little dicey.

So you haven´t said if you lived in Victoria or Queensland, I´m guessing that you´re asking because you did. That is to say, when you give your address history, are you going to have an address there? If yes, you need to provide this. If you didn´t hold a driver´s license there, then...

"Note: if you’re not able to provide a traffic history or a full licence history search, you must provide a letter issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority with your police certificate to confirm that you’ve never held a driver’s licence in that state."​

I´ve seen too many applicants rejected for failing to provide this, at least you asked : ) If you search this forum, you will see the stories... the topic was raised several times in this thread alone.

Raju4Can

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Hi, I am also in the same boat. I am living in Adelaide and I have never owned a driving license .So how should i get a PCC and do I have to get it written that I never Owned a driving license and also never drove in Victoria roads

MateDownUnder

Nov 5, 2019
Hi, I am also in the same boat. I am living in Adelaide and I have never owned a driving license .So how should i get a PCC and do I have to get it written that I never Owned a driving license and also never drove in Victoria roads
You just get AFP. If you live in Adelaide, then you don't need licence history. Only those who live/lived in Queensland/Victoria need to provide licence history document.

Raju4Can

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
You just get AFP. If you live in Adelaide, then you don't need licence history. Only those who live/lived in Queensland/Victoria need to provide licence history document.
Only AFP is required .

Also One thing I have photo id card(photo card) of one regional area NOWRA which is in NSW .I got my 489 visa of Nowra region where I created this Photo ID card as a proof that i stayed in this regional for like 2-3 weeks (also to open my bank account) and then I migrated to Adelaide. So my AFP would include this and one more thing do I need to get license history for NSW also.

Will the AFP document include eveything

A link to photo card

https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-nsw-photo-card

Last edited:

MateDownUnder

Nov 5, 2019
Only AFP is required .

Also One thing I have photo id card(photo card) of one regional area NOWRA which is in NSW .I got my 489 visa of Nowra region where I created this Photo ID card as a proof that i stayed in this regional for like 2-3 weeks (also to open my bank account) and then I migrated to Adelaide. So my AFP would include this and one more thing do I need to get license history for NSW also.

Will the AFP document include eveything

A link to photo card

https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-nsw-photo-card
AFP is different than licence history. As I said before, you only need licence history document if you lived in Queensland/Victoria. You say you stayed in Queensland, so you wouldn't need it. Have a look at this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/australia.html

Also I would suggest to apply for AFP soon as unlike before, it is taking 15 or more days to receive the certificate.

Raju4Can

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
AFP is different than licence history. As I said before, you only need licence history document if you lived in Queensland/Victoria. You say you stayed in Queensland, so you wouldn't need it. Have a look at this:

Also I would suggest to apply for AFP soon as unlike before, it is taking 15 or more days to receive the certificate.
I only stayed in NSW for like 2-3 weeks. So I will apply for AFP now while living in Adelaide. I just wanted to be more careful.

Photo Card of NSW has nothing to do with the PCC and No license history nothing just a standard PCC as mentioned in the link correct ??