+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian Police Check

m.nauman.a

Feb 9, 2021
Hi All.
I got i guess the same rejection reason like most of us, "Police Certificate: The Police certificate from Australia that you provided with your application is not acceptable. Please consult ...". Note that I have lived in NSW and have never resided in Queensland or Victoria hence I think i don't need any letter from Queensland or Victoria.
Can anyone here help me with what should i do?
Also, if anyone here is from NSW or any other state except victoria and queensland, please share your experiences.
Thanks in advance

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi All.
I got i guess the same rejection reason like most of us, "Police Certificate: The Police certificate from Australia that you provided with your application is not acceptable. Please consult ...". Note that I have lived in NSW and have never resided in Queensland or Victoria hence I think i don't need any letter from Queensland or Victoria.
Can anyone here help me with what should i do?
Also, if anyone here is from NSW or any other state except victoria and queensland, please share your experiences.
Thanks in advance
What PCC you submitted ? It was Standard or Full Disclosure ? They need standard ..for few place they need additional pCC...there is clear guidlines on CIC site how to get those PCC. I did mistake by sending Full Disclosure as choose wrong option while applying PCC .. was in NSW ..

m.nauman.a

Feb 9, 2021
What PCC you submitted ? It was Standard or Full Disclosure ? They need standard ..for few place they need additional pCC...there is clear guidlines on CIC site how to get those PCC. I did mistake by sending Full Disclosure as choose wrong option while applying PCC .. was in NSW ..

this is the one that I sent. I followed the instructions given on cic website and this is what i got. i know it doesn't say "Standard disclosure" but this is actually the same certificate; it is just that the format of the Australian Police Certificate has been updated and this is what we get instead of "Standard disclosure" now (please see this website for reference https://bbs.fcgvisa.com/t/topic/37257)

Stating it again, "I followed the instructions exactly as given on cic website"

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017

this is the one that I sent. I followed the instructions given on cic website and this is what i got. i know it doesn't say "Standard disclosure" but this is actually the same certificate; it is just that the format of the Australian Police Certificate has been updated and this is what we get instead of "Standard disclosure" now (please see this website for reference https://bbs.fcgvisa.com/t/topic/37257)

Stating it again, "I followed the instructions exactly as given on cic website"
That seems new as i see .. I would suggest call CIC to get this clarification .. Did in rejection CIC give the reason ? Maybe It seems like CIC is not aware of recent changes.. try to check if someone recently in same boat as looks like it changed in Dec.. Also for certain place in Australia.. they need 2 PCC .. i guess so cross check once your site...

m.nauman.a

Feb 9, 2021
That seems new as i see .. I would suggest call CIC to get this clarification .. Did in rejection CIC give the reason ? Maybe It seems like CIC is not aware of recent changes.. try to check if someone recently in same boat as looks like it changed in Dec.. Also for certain place in Australia.. they need 2 PCC .. i guess so cross check once your site...
The rejection reason was "Police Certificate: The Police certificate from Australia that you provided with your application is not acceptable. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document ... ". i don't see any hope that cic will accept my reasoning

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
The rejection reason was "Police Certificate: The Police certificate from Australia that you provided with your application is not acceptable. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document ... ". i don't see any hope that cic will accept my reasoning
only way is to contact CIC via phone .and explain them.. Since this is recent change in Australia , it seems CIC is not aware as they have in thier system old Australia PCC...

m.nauman.a

Feb 9, 2021
only way is to contact CIC via phone .and explain them.. Since this is recent change in Australia , it seems CIC is not aware as they have in thier system old Australia PCC...
thanks, will do the needful hoping for the best

KONCHECK

Oct 17, 2019
Hello Mate,

One more online portal to apply to National Police Check in Australia

A National Police Check Australia can be obtained for Standard and Volunteer Employment purpose.

KONCHECK, a lodging site for Police Check is offering fast criminal history check services processed within 24-48 hours. Support and contact details are provided on the site.

m.nauman.a

Feb 9, 2021
Hello Mate,

One more online portal to apply to National Police Check in Australia

A National Police Check Australia can be obtained for Standard and Volunteer Employment purpose.

KONCHECK, a lodging site for Police Check is offering fast criminal history check services processed within 24-48 hours. Support and contact details are provided on the site.
Thanks mate. This is helpful

Raavi Sandhu

Oct 14, 2018
Could you please tell me the format of Australian PCC?
This is what i got but I selected code 40 instead of 35 because I wasn’t aware anout it.

Australian PCC

National Police Certificate

AFP Ref:
Client Ref

Standard Disclosure
All recorded unspent offences related
Name Check Only
This is to certify that there are no disclosure court outcomes recorded against the name of ____ in the records of the Australian Federal Police and the police in all Australin states and Territories as at ____.
The doccument is not issued as a form of identifiction.

Authorised by
Co-ordinator
Criminal Records

please reply ASAP
Thanks

m.nauman.a

Feb 9, 2021
Could you please tell me the format of Australian PCC?
This is what i got but I selected code 40 instead of 35 because I wasn’t aware anout it.

Australian PCC

National Police Certificate

AFP Ref:
Client Ref

Standard Disclosure
All recorded unspent offences related
Name Check Only
This is to certify that there are no disclosure court outcomes recorded against the name of ____ in the records of the Australian Federal Police and the police in all Australin states and Territories as at ____.
The doccument is not issued as a form of identifiction.

Authorised by
Co-ordinator
Criminal Records

please reply ASAP
Thanks
Brother I think you have got the wrong one. As per their website, it is a PCC with the code 35, 41, 42, 43, 44, OR 45. I used code 35 for my application and got what i shared in a picture shared above.
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/australia.html

Jun 13, 2021