+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian Police Check

darkr1der

Full Member
May 7, 2013
30
1
Sorry to be troubling, but am rather dumbfounded at this stage. Was based in Queensland for a period of six months as a student, and hence, assuming I need that traffic history gig. Didn't have a license, ATO bit, or anything, given that I spent my time on campus as a student, and that's that.

In the required document listing, reckon the only thing I can provide from Category A is a copy of my passport. Category B - what's that all about? All acceptable documents read 'current', and not that I have any of them, but even if I did, we're talking about something 7-8 years ago.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
 

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
31,637
7,036
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We didn't have to do the traffic check, so I'm not too familiar with it.

I had a look at the ID options and they are pretty limited for foreigners. The only thing I can think is that the Category B option of a debit/credit card doesn't specify that it has to be Australian, just current. Give them a call and see if they will accept your current debit card and credit card as the 2 Category B documents, along with your passport for the Category A.

Just explain that you desperately need the report and have nothing else on the ID list and ask really nicely :). If the person you speak to says it's OK, get their details and include that in a little explanation.

If the person doesn't OK it, ask for a supervisor and beg!
 

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
1,251
36
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
darkr1der said:
Sorry to be troubling, but am rather dumbfounded at this stage. Was based in Queensland for a period of six months as a student, and hence, assuming I need that traffic history gig. Didn't have a license, ATO bit, or anything, given that I spent my time on campus as a student, and that's that.

In the required document listing, reckon the only thing I can provide from Category A is a copy of my passport. Category B - what's that all about? All acceptable documents read 'current', and not that I have any of them, but even if I did, we're talking about something 7-8 years ago.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Referring to the "Identification Requirements" page on the Queensland Transport site (looks like I can't post links)

For Category B docs - do you have access to your Medicare card or any bank statements, bills etc, to your most recent Australian address? Might not even have to be a Queensland address (not sure though). Perhaps family back home can get access to these docs? Can you get your bank to send a reprint of a past statement?

There's also a declaration on that page if you really can't meet their ID requirements.

L
 

darkr1der

Full Member
May 7, 2013
30
1
canuck_in_uk said:
We didn't have to do the traffic check, so I'm not too familiar with it.

I had a look at the ID options and they are pretty limited for foreigners. The only thing I can think is that the Category B option of a debit/credit card doesn't specify that it has to be Australian, just current. Give them a call and see if they will accept your current debit card and credit card as the 2 Category B documents, along with your passport for the Category A.

Just explain that you desperately need the report and have nothing else on the ID list and ask really nicely :). If the person you speak to says it's OK, get their details and include that in a little explanation.

If the person doesn't OK it, ask for a supervisor and beg!
Turns out its precisely that - a foreign passport fulfills the category A requirement, while attested copies of 2 current debit / credit cards cater to category B.

Again, insights / guesses appreciated as this concern is quashed.

Regards,
 

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
31,637
7,036
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
darkr1der said:
Turns out its precisely that - a foreign passport fulfills the category A requirement, while attested copies of 2 current debit / credit cards cater to category B.

Again, insights / guesses appreciated as this concern is quashed.

Regards,
Glad it worked out for you, good luck :)
 

seeking

Member
Nov 27, 2014
13
0
Hi All,
For AFP PCC, im guessing they sent it over your home address, is that correct?
Im applying from NSW.

Also could someone please let me know what do they mentioned on the PCC? Do they state where you lived last 10 years etc?
Thanks
Shawn
 

Reddysar

Star Member
Aug 15, 2015
177
8
Dear All,

Is NPC check for Australia PCC is sufficient for express entry . I.e only name check .
Do we need to do fingerprint check .
Please clarify on this .
What are things we need to submit for Australia Pcc?
 

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
31,637
7,036
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Reddysar said:
Is NPC check for Australia PCC is sufficient for express entry . I.e only name check .
Do we need to do fingerprint check .
Please clarify on this .
What are things we need to submit for Australia Pcc?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp
 

mayu2605

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
80
0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Need urgent help for Australia PCC,
i was in Australia in 2010 for 7 months, for that i need PCC .
I applied online and submitted my Bank statement , passport copy , and tax assessment .
Now i received reply from them that they can't accept tax assessment which is older than 2 years.
they gave me multiple options for secondary documents , but i don't have any .
Only one option is looks feasible is "Document issue outside Australia (Equivalent to Australian Document)" , so what all are document can be used to fulfill this?
Please help....
 

NCP1

Full Member
Sep 6, 2015
22
7
Hi Mayu
I am NCP from Ahmedabad. I have sent u PM in your inbox. Please check.
I require your guidance for Australia PCC.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
 

shrik_14

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
129
111
I got the NPC from AFP a while back. I stayed in Perth, WA for 2 years while i was doing my masters. So only the NPC should be enough right?
 

Vikram_4

Newbie
Nov 8, 2017
2
0
Hi All,

I did my bachelor's from Australia from 2007 to 2010 wherein I lived in Melbourne. I moved back from Australia to my home country in 2010 post my undergrad.

I lost my Australian learner's license a while back. The CIC website mentions that for those people who lived in the state of Victoria (which includes Melbourne), they need to provide a clearance from the Victorian state transport authority with complete driver licence history report

I have the following questions:
1. From which authorities do I require a police check : AFP only? AFP and Victoria Police? AFP, Victoria Police and the VicRoads license history report?
2. If I do require my license history for VicRoads and I have lost my license, is there a solution to the same?
3. Which kind of check do I require: Name only? Name and fingerprint?


A big thank you in advance to anyone who answers my questions.
 

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
110
63
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2242
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
Hi All,

I did my bachelor's from Australia from 2007 to 2010 wherein I lived in Melbourne. I moved back from Australia to my home country in 2010 post my undergrad.

I lost my Australian learner's license a while back. The CIC website mentions that for those people who lived in the state of Victoria (which includes Melbourne), they need to provide a clearance from the Victorian state transport authority with complete driver licence history report

I have the following questions:
1. From which authorities do I require a police check : AFP only? AFP and Victoria Police? AFP, Victoria Police and the VicRoads license history report?
2. If I do require my license history for VicRoads and I have lost my license, is there a solution to the same?
3. Which kind of check do I require: Name only? Name and fingerprint?


A big thank you in advance to anyone who answers my questions.
You need the AFP National Police Check and also a Full License History Search from VicRoads. All the instructions are in this link. Read the special notes section for a link to VicRoads. This link has been posted several times in this thread, but here it is again.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp
This link takes you to the VicRoads page to order the report.
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/demerit-points-and-offences/check-driver-history
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/demerit-points-and-offences/check-driver-history
Hope that helps.

Jonathan.
 

Vikram_4

Newbie
Nov 8, 2017
2
0
You need the AFP National Police Check and also a Full License History Search from VicRoads. All the instructions are in this link. Read the special notes section for a link to VicRoads. This link has been posted several times in this thread, but here it is again.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp
This link takes you to the VicRoads page to order the report.
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/demerit-points-and-offences/check-driver-history
Hope that helps.

Jonathan.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Had already checked out these links before your message, due to which I posted it on the thread here. I am overseas and have lost my learner's license (possibly expired too). The options on VicRoads and CIC website only allow you to either apply for a new one or renew an existing one - both of which require you to be physically present in Australia.
I have neither the learner's license (which I never used) and neither can I necessarily say that I never applied for any kind of driver's license in Victoria. I am also not an Australian PR holder or citizen.

The real question is whether VicRoads will be able to retrieve a learner's license issued somewhere between 2007-2010 and then issue a driver's license history report or alternatively give me a statement saying that since I never used and it was only a learner's license? And will they be able to do so using only my non-Australian passport and my name only as references?