17 May 2016
Passport Req..
19 Oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
4 NOV 2016
LANDED..........
6 NOV 2016
jairichi said:
Yes, you can. Your 'enter by date' will be based on medicals or PCC whichever expires earlier within a year.
@jairichi really appreciate your reply. And thanks for introducing expatforum.com to us. I have couple of specific question on ACS Skills Assessment that I will post there :)

Rkhurana

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
I have a question over here.
If I apply for EOI , and receive it and due to some reason I am not able to submit all the documents in the given time period , the EOI will expire.
Once the EOI expires , can I apply once again for EOI?
can some one please let me know if this is possible , if yes, then how is this possible?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rkhurana said:
I have a question over here.
If I apply for EOI , and receive it and due to some reason I am not able to submit all the documents in the given time period , the EOI will expire.
Once the EOI expires , can I apply once again for EOI?
can some one please let me know if this is possible , if yes, then how is this possible?
EOI is like creating an EE profile. There is no need to submit any documents for that. When your EOI is selected for an invitation to apply for a visa you have 60 days to lodge a visa. Later for processing of your visa application you need to provide supporting documents electronically.

KGOPINATH

May 23, 2016
Dear Jairichi,
Here is a quote from the website of border.gov.au

"You can receive up to 20 points for skilled employment.
To claim points for skilled employment you must have, in the 10 years before you were invited to apply, at least 20 hours of paid work per week in your nominated skilled occupation and/or a closely related occupation."

In my case, i have changed companies three times. First in KSA - 2 years, then in UAE-1year and currently in KSA- over 3 years and continuing...
SO will i have to get salary slips from all my previous employers ?
Is there any other requirement ?

regards
Kgopinath

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KGOPINATH said:
Dear Jairichi,
Here is a quote from the website of border.gov.au

"You can receive up to 20 points for skilled employment.
To claim points for skilled employment you must have, in the 10 years before you were invited to apply, at least 20 hours of paid work per week in your nominated skilled occupation and/or a closely related occupation."

In my case, i have changed companies three times. First in KSA - 2 years, then in UAE-1year and currently in KSA- over 3 years and continuing...
SO will i have to get salary slips from all my previous employers ?
Is there any other requirement ?

regards
Kgopinath
You need a detailed experience letter with duration, full time or part-time, number of working hours and roles and responsibilities. Only paid work will be considered. For that you can provide bank statements or salary slips or income tax returns or salary certificate.

Rkhurana

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
jairichi said:
EOI is like creating an EE profile. There is no need to submit any documents for that. When your EOI is selected for an invitation to apply for a visa you have 60 days to lodge a visa. Later for processing of your visa application you need to provide supporting documents electronically.
HI Jairichi...
thanks for the response.
My question is once I get "invitation to apply for a visa" if i don't submit the documents in 60 days(waiting to be picked up in Canada draw), the invitation to apply will expire.(please correct me if I am wrong).Now if I want invitation to apply again , will I get it automatically?Or I will have to create another profile...Please help

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rkhurana said:
HI Jairichi...
thanks for the response.
My question is once I get "invitation to apply for a visa" if i don't submit the documents in 60 days(waiting to be picked up in Canada draw), the invitation to apply will expire.(please correct me if I am wrong).Now if I want invitation to apply again , will I get it automatically?Or I will have to create another profile...Please help
If you do not apply for a visa within those 60 days your EOI will go back in the pool. Till those 60 days your EOI will be locked and any invitation rounds will not fetch you an invite till the 60 days are over and EOI gets unlocked.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Hello Jairichi,

Thank you for all the information you've shared here. I am a software developer with over 5 years of experience and a Master's degree in Computer Science.

I am confused by ICT major vs ICT minor. It says if I am ICT major then I only need 2 or more years of experience, whereas for ICT minor I'll need over 5 years. Can you please help me understand this?

Rkhurana

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
jairichi said:
If you do not apply for a visa within those 60 days your EOI will go back in the pool. Till those 60 days your EOI will be locked and any invitation rounds will not fetch you an invite till the 60 days are over and EOI gets unlocked.
Hi Jairichi,
One last question...once the EOI gets unlocked..will it be eligible to get picked up once again....since it will be in the pool once again.

gaurang.parmar

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP: 4-Jan-2016 eAPR: 30-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
PNP: 2-May-2016 eAPR: 03-Aug-2016
Nomination.....
20-May-2016
AOR Received.
30-Jul-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre-APR
Med's Done....
Pre-APR
Passport Req..
1-Mar-2017
LANDED..........
01-06-2017
First of all thank you Jairichi for providing all request's response. I feel you can easily open consultancy firm for Australia PR :)

It is very good you get many replies in your thread even though it is more related AUS and not CANADA.

I read through your all replies you mentioned you have done lot of analysis for comparison and your spouse is in IT industry. I just wanted know Can you please share some of the facts for IT industry for both countries or suggest any links to go through.

I am also in same confusion whether to for CANADA or AUS for future prospect. I can't afford both as I do not have that much amount to spend for both process in same year.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rkhurana said:
Hi Jairichi,
One last question...once the EOI gets unlocked..will it be eligible to get picked up once again....since it will be in the pool once again.
Once invited EOI is locked for 60 days during which even if eligible no invitation will come. Once 60 days expire EOI gets unlocked and you enter pool again. Say for example one creates a single EOI for both 189 visa (similar to direct EE) and 190 visa (similar to PNP) and gets an invite for 190 visa today then EOI is locked for the next 60 days. In that case even if applicant becomes eligible for 189 visa a new invite will not come for the next 60 days. In this situation the best idea is to create two separate EOIs. One for 189 and another for 190 visa. So, even if 190 EOI is locked as an invite was issued still an invite can come for 189 visa as it remains unlocked and is still in the pool.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gaurang.parmar said:
First of all thank you Jairichi for providing all request's response. I feel you can easily open consultancy firm for Australia PR :)

It is very good you get many replies in your thread even though it is more related AUS and not CANADA.

I read through your all replies you mentioned you have done lot of analysis for comparison and your spouse is in IT industry. I just wanted know Can you please share some of the facts for IT industry for both countries or suggest any links to go through.

I am also in same confusion whether to for CANADA or AUS for future prospect. I can't afford both as I do not have that much amount to spend for both process in same year.
Thank you Gaurang. I plan to start a MARA registered agency once I move to Australia. It is my spouse who is primary applicant and she is in IT industry. According to her plenty of opportunities are available there. But, the issue is one has to be there in Australia for employers to consider one's application. This is stated by many in forums and blogs. Do not take my word as such and kindly do research by yourself to get a clear idea.

I completely agree with your point that it is a huge investment with respect to applying for Australian PR. Everything depends on
1. what score you have now with Canadian EE ?
2. what are your chances of getting an invite directly through EE or through PNP?
3. your family situation? How long are you willing to wait?

As a family we liked to settle down quickly and decided to go for Australia as it is a quick process. In addition, with an Australia PR one can enter NZ and work without the need for a NZ work permit or visa. For Canada I have 451 points and I am in EE pool. If any date I get an invite directly I will apply for Canadian PR as a backup.

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
jairichi said:
Thank you Gaurang. I plan to start a MARA registered agency once I move to Australia. It is my spouse who is primary applicant and she is in IT industry. According to her plenty of opportunities are available there. But, the issue is one has to be there in Australia for employers to consider one's application. This is stated by many in forums and blogs. Do not take my word as such and kindly do research by yourself to get a clear idea.

I completely agree with your point that it is a huge investment with respect to applying for Australian PR. Everything depends on
1. what score you have now with Canadian EE ?
2. what are your chances of getting an invite directly through EE or through PNP?
3. your family situation? How long are you willing to wait?

As a family we liked to settle down quickly and decided to go for Australia as it is a quick process. In addition, with an Australia PR one can enter NZ and work without the need for a NZ work permit or visa. For Canada I have 451 points and I am in EE pool. If any date I get an invite directly I will apply for Canadian PR as a backup.
I totally agree with jairichi here. Australia is definitely faster. But again it all depends on 189 or 190 visa and occupation and the score. If someone has 60 points in IT occupation and wishes to go for 189 visa then the wait can be longer. But what is good in Australia is that they give options in English Language test to increase the score by writing PTE academic instead of IELTS.IELTS usually takes lot of time first getting a date is difficult and then 15 days wait for results whereas PTE can be booked any date and result come out much faster like in 2 3 days.

At the moment Canada can be a long wait option for people who have score less than 470. PNP seem to be the only option which will take time. Onatario is taking lot of time and people have started become impatient. Plus if someone falls short of CLB9 in IELTS then straightaway 50 points less in CRS score.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
averma said:
Plus if someone falls short of CLB9 in IELTS then straightaway 50 points less in CRS score.
In case of Aus PR, if you have less than CLB 9 you get 0 points for English.