+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australia Immigration

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
axlh17 said:
Is this correct information or it's because the website isn't updated after the new law? I've looked elsewhere but can't find anything confirming that living in Quebec reduces it to 3 years.

But assuming it is correct, does it only apply to people that got PR from Quebec, or can other PR who simply lived in Quebec for 3 years also apply? Thanks!
According to the webpage "Last modification : 2016-03-11"

axlh17

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
jairichi said:
According to the webpage "Last modification : 2016-03-11"
I saw that too but wanted to make sure. Couldn't find any other sources confirming this. I suspect they just forgot to change it...

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
axlh17 said:
I saw that too but wanted to make sure. Couldn't find any other sources confirming this. I suspect they just forgot to change it...
Might be. I am not sure.

Olrdude

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
axlh17 said:
Is this correct information or it's because the website isn't updated after the new law? I've looked elsewhere but can't find anything confirming that living in Quebec reduces it to 3 years.

But assuming it is correct, does it only apply to people that got PR from Quebec, or can other PR who simply lived in Quebec for 3 years also apply? Thanks!
The liberals will change or already changed the law.

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/03/canadian-citizenship-act-immigrants-apply-earlier-easily-037352.html

It'll be 3 years out of 4 for all Canada. 2 years if you were in Canada enough before being PR.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Olrdude said:
The liberals will change or already changed the law.

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/03/canadian-citizenship-act-immigrants-apply-earlier-easily-037352.html

It'll be 3 years out of 4 for all Canada. 2 years if you were in Canada enough before being PR.
Thank you for the link.
It is still a proposal. Hasn't been passed as a law. And, it is 3 out of 5 years.

axlh17

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
jairichi said:
Thank you for the link.
It is still a proposal. Hasn't been passed as a law. And, it is 3 out of 5 years.
183 days out of one year. So if passed 2.5 years :)

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
jairichi said:
Look at the forum link provided. We applied on our own for 189 PR visa on 30th March 2016 and got PR on 25th May 2016. For us Canada PR is a backup.
Hi, I wanted to take some advice from you on the Immigration process for Australia. My case is a bit complicated therefore I will try to explain you in detail.

My Profile
Professionally, I am from Analytics background. In total, I have more than 4 years of experience in Analytics. I completed my graduation in Statistics and post graduation in Mathematics. I have applied for skills assessment from Vetassess under the ANZSCO Code 224113 (Statistician). Skills assessment result is pending. Its been 8 weeks now. I am expecting the result by the end of June. 224113 comes under CSOL only and is open only in Victoria. I have more than 7 bands in each module of IELTS which makes it 10 points. I am 30 years old which means 30 points. If skills assessment comes positive than 15 points for Education. This means 55 points. Vetassess deducts 1 year from total experience to arrive at skill met date. I showed 4.2 years of experience and if they consider entire experience than I will get 5 points for experience also. But in worst case scenario I am standing at 55 points.

Spouse Profile
My wife has worked with 2 companies as Software Developer and have been assessed positively by ACS against ANZSCO code 261312 (Developer Programmer). 261312 comes under SOL and CSOL both. For CSOL, 261312 is open in Victoria as well as New South Wales. She has scored more than 7 bands in each module in IELTS which means 10 points. For Education she has scored 15 points as per ACS report. She is 29 years old which means 30 points. In total 55 points.
Now coming to her points for experience. ACS deducts 2 years from total experience to arrive at skills met date. Her case is bit complicated. Below is her experience details.
Jan'2010-Aug'2012 - Worked with Employer1 and job duties closely related to 261312. This has been assessed by ACS and result positive. They have deducted 2 years which means her skills met date is Jan'2012.
Sep'2012-Till Date - Current Employer. From September 2012 till September 2015 she worked on a profile closely related to ANZSCO 261312. From September 2015 she got transferred to Delhi from Mumbai and her profile from September 2015 onwards is not closely related to ANZSCO 261312. Not at all matches with ANZSCO 261312. Her present employer does not issue roles and responsibilities reference letter to existing employees as it is a Government Bank. However, from September2012-September2015 she worked in the Bank's Global IT Centre and her manager gave her a testimonial which mentioned her roles and responsibilities till September2015 at a high level. Basically just 3 points. We backed this with a Self Affidavit and it worked for us as we attached sufficient proofs to demonstrate that we applied for reference letter and we did not get it. None of her colleagues was ready to give Statutory Declaration as they were feeling scared because of Government job. This means we got 5 points for Experience i.e. from Jan'2012-Sep'2015 which is 3.9 years. Now my questions are:

1. She has total 60 points and we have opted for 189 and 190 both. We chose NSW specifically for 190. Just wanted to check if there are any chances for her to get invite for 189 at 60 points or to get invite from NSW at 60 points.
2. Will she be able to claim points for my skills assessment. This is because her occupation is in SOL and CSOL both and my occupation is in CSOL. This means both occupations are in same occupation list i.e. CSOL. Is this the criteria to claim spouse points for skills. Or is it the fact that both primary applicant and spouse occupation has to be open in the same state.
3. Lastly while creating the EOI I showed September'2012-September2015 as one occupation and ticked yes for occupation closely related to ANZSCO 261312. And for September2015-Till Date I have made it as separate occupation and chose No for occupation closely related to ANZSCO 261312. This is because if I would have chosen September2012-Till Date as one occupation then in January2017 system would have automatically given us 5 more points for work experience but at the time of documentation at DIBP level we would not have been able to show the proof that we worked on same profile till Jan2017.

Please advise us on above 3 points.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
averma said:
Hi, I wanted to take some advice from you on the Immigration process for Australia. My case is a bit complicated therefore I will try to explain you in detail.

My Profile
Professionally, I am from Analytics background. In total, I have more than 4 years of experience in Analytics. I completed my graduation in Statistics and post graduation in Mathematics. I have applied for skills assessment from Vetassess under the ANZSCO Code 224113 (Statistician). Skills assessment result is pending. Its been 8 weeks now. I am expecting the result by the end of June. 224113 comes under CSOL only and is open only in Victoria. I have more than 7 bands in each module of IELTS which makes it 10 points. I am 30 years old which means 30 points. If skills assessment comes positive than 15 points for Education. This means 55 points. Vetassess deducts 1 year from total experience to arrive at skill met date. I showed 4.2 years of experience and if they consider entire experience than I will get 5 points for experience also. But in worst case scenario I am standing at 55 points.

Spouse Profile
My wife has worked with 2 companies as Software Developer and have been assessed positively by ACS against ANZSCO code 261312 (Developer Programmer). 261312 comes under SOL and CSOL both. For CSOL, 261312 is open in Victoria as well as New South Wales. She has scored more than 7 bands in each module in IELTS which means 10 points. For Education she has scored 15 points as per ACS report. She is 29 years old which means 30 points. In total 55 points.
Now coming to her points for experience. ACS deducts 2 years from total experience to arrive at skills met date. Her case is bit complicated. Below is her experience details.
Jan'2010-Aug'2012 - Worked with Employer1 and job duties closely related to 261312. This has been assessed by ACS and result positive. They have deducted 2 years which means her skills met date is Jan'2012.
Sep'2012-Till Date - Current Employer. From September 2012 till September 2015 she worked on a profile closely related to ANZSCO 261312. From September 2015 she got transferred to Delhi from Mumbai and her profile from September 2015 onwards is not closely related to ANZSCO 261312. Not at all matches with ANZSCO 261312. Her present employer does not issue roles and responsibilities reference letter to existing employees as it is a Government Bank. However, from September2012-September2015 she worked in the Bank's Global IT Centre and her manager gave her a testimonial which mentioned her roles and responsibilities till September2015 at a high level. Basically just 3 points. We backed this with a Self Affidavit and it worked for us as we attached sufficient proofs to demonstrate that we applied for reference letter and we did not get it. None of her colleagues was ready to give Statutory Declaration as they were feeling scared because of Government job. This means we got 5 points for Experience i.e. from Jan'2012-Sep'2015 which is 3.9 years. Now my questions are:

1. She has total 60 points and we have opted for 189 and 190 both. We chose NSW specifically for 190. Just wanted to check if there are any chances for her to get invite for 189 at 60 points or to get invite from NSW at 60 points.
2. Will she be able to claim points for my skills assessment. This is because her occupation is in SOL and CSOL both and my occupation is in CSOL. This means both occupations are in same occupation list i.e. CSOL. Is this the criteria to claim spouse points for skills. Or is it the fact that both primary applicant and spouse occupation has to be open in the same state.
3. Lastly while creating the EOI I showed September'2012-September2015 as one occupation and ticked yes for occupation closely related to ANZSCO 261312. And for September2015-Till Date I have made it as separate occupation and chose No for occupation closely related to ANZSCO 261312. This is because if I would have chosen September2012-Till Date as one occupation then in January2017 system would have automatically given us 5 more points for work experience but at the time of documentation at DIBP level we would not have been able to show the proof that we worked on same profile till Jan2017.

Please advise us on above 3 points.
1. Creating an EOI is free. Create separate EOI for 189 and 190. With 60 points applications for 189 was cleared for applicants who had lodged EOI in middle of December 2015. It will be quite a very long wait for 189.
2. Only if she applies for 190 visa 5 points (partner) will be added.
3. You did the right thing by choosing related experience till Sep 2015.

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
jairichi said:
1. Creating an EOI is free. Create separate EOI for 189 and 190. With 60 points applications for 189 was cleared for applicants who had lodged EOI in middle of December 2015. It will be quite a very long wait for 189.
2. Only if she applies for 190 visa 5 points (partner) will be added.
3. You did the right thing by choosing related experience till Sep 2015.
Thanks for replying. Let me just reiterate what you have said so that I can check if my understanding is correct or not.

1. You meant create one EOI for 189 and one EOI for 190. My question is can someone with the same passport number create two EOI profiles. In other words can the same person create two EOIs. Or did you mean to say create only one profile and there I should select 189 and 190 both.
2. If she applies for 190 then which state shall she chose. There is an option there which asks from which state you are seeking nomination. One can chose "Any" or the specific state. Someone told me that if you select a specific state then it will have more weightage as it shows your genuine interest to reside in that state. How trie is this? Just wanted to have your opinion.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
averma said:
Thanks for replying. Let me just reiterate what you have said so that I can check if my understanding is correct or not.

1. You meant create one EOI for 189 and one EOI for 190. My question is can someone with the same passport number create two EOI profiles. In other words can the same person create two EOIs. Or did you mean to say create only one profile and there I should select 189 and 190 both.
2. If she applies for 190 then which state shall she chose. There is an option there which asks from which state you are seeking nomination. One can chose "Any" or the specific state. Someone told me that if you select a specific state then it will have more weightage as it shows your genuine interest to reside in that state. How trie is this? Just wanted to have your opinion.
1. Yes, one can make two separate EOIs with one passport. That is absolutely legal. If you create one EOI with both 189 and 190 together and if you get a state nomination and meet the minimum eligibility of 60 points then DIBP (equivalent of IRCC) will invite you to apply for 190 visa and will lock your EOI. If later based on your points you become eligible to get a 189 invitation you will still not get it as your EOI is locked due to invitation for 190 visa. It is one invitation per EOI.
2. It is same like EE. Only certain states have access to your profile. In the case of Canada you give authority to Ontario and BC to look at your EE profile. As far as I know NSW has that authority and they look at your profile and send you an invitation to apply for state nomination, if they are interested. Same like Ontario. For rest of the state one has to go through their website and apply.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
Why are some people discussing how to maintain both PRs? I thought getting more than one PR was only for initial backup/safety purpose and then once you choose your country, you will have to give up the other one anyway. What's the point in keeping your feet in 2 countries, so far apart geographically that too??

As for racism in Australia, I know specific people there... Indians, who say they have never experienced any sort of racism in over 10 years in Sydney & Melbourne. So it all depends on who you ask. I think generally if you try to blend in with the locals (while still maintaining your culture privately) and stay friendly with everyone, you should not have problems with racists in either country. Yes, there are bogans in Australia. But there are also Canadian rednecks I'm sure. Same sh1t, different country! :D

Reactions: aydogan

jwmcgill

Jul 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 May 2016
AOR Received.
17 May 2016
Passport Req..
19 Oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
4 NOV 2016
LANDED..........
6 NOV 2016
Thanks for starting this thread on Australia. I have PCCs from India and US (both received in last week of May 2016). Any one knows if I could use the same PCCs for AUS 189. I am hoping to lodge my application in August 2016.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jwmcgill said:
Thanks for starting this thread on Australia. I have PCCs from India and US (both received in last week of May 2016). Any one knows if I could use the same PCCs for AUS 189. I am hoping to lodge my application in August 2016.
Yes, you can. Your 'enter by date' will be based on medicals or PCC whichever expires earlier within a year.