Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
04-10-2017
Hi,

I am waiting indefitinely for OINP nomination from Jan 2016. And I saw a lot of people suggesting to try for Australia as a backup plan. Can anyone share some light on it? Can we apply on our own or do we need a consultant? what are the options to migrate without a job offer and relatives there? Is there any forum like this for Australia?

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I could find this. Check it out.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krazykm said:
Hi,

I am waiting indefitinely for OINP nomination from Jan 2016. And I saw a lot of people suggesting to try for Australia as a backup plan. Can anyone share some light on it? Can we apply on our own or do we need a consultant? what are the options to migrate without a job offer and relatives there? Is there any forum like this for Australia?
Look at the forum link provided. We applied on our own for 189 PR visa on 30th March 2016 and got PR on 25th May 2016. For us Canada PR is a backup.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
jairichi said:
Look at the forum link provided. We applied on our own for 189 PR visa on 30th March 2016 and got PR on 25th May 2016. For us Canada PR is a backup.
Ouch, but it is pretty expensive though. Around 3000 USD ?? Is this correct ?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:
Ouch, but it is pretty expensive though. Around 3000 USD ?? Is this correct ?
Yes, I agree it is a bit expensive. Our family (Spouse, minor daughter and I) paid around 6500 USD. The good thing is it is a quick process. Another advantage is no need to show POF (proof of funds).

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
The thing I liked about Canada is that while it requires proof of funds, you get to use it later on. The visa fee you pay in Australia, once it's paid it's gone for good hehe

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Just curious @Jairichi. Why did you choose Australia over Canada? What are the pros and cons?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:
Just curious @Jairichi. Why did you choose Australia over Canada? What are the pros and cons?
Quick PR process.
Better weather.
Better opportunities for both of us (I am a bioscience researcher & spouse a software tester)
Higher salary slabs for both of us compared to Canada. I know cost of living is high in Australia. It is a little bit lesser than our current country of residence UK but are earnings will be more than here. I have not checked out the taxes.
Around 12 to 17% superannuation (not all employers in Australia give this range).
Closer to home (India) and now cheap flights too.
With an Australia PR one can work in New Zealand without the need of a work permit.

These are our specific reasons. We looked at the positives. People might have opinions against it. We chose based on our circumstances.
As I have mentioned we have not ruled out Canada. Will have it as backup if we get a PR.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LokiJr01 said:
The thing I liked about Canada is that while it requires proof of funds, you get to use it later on. The visa fee you pay in Australia, once it's paid it's gone for good hehe
Very true. POFs can be used later only if you have saved that amount. In cases where you got it from another source and have to return later (even though you get a gift deed to satisfy CIC) it does not make much difference.
Same applies for Canada, a visa fee if PR is approved is gone to Canadian government.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
jairichi said:
Quick PR process.
Better weather.
Better opportunities for both of us (I am a bioscience researcher & spouse a software tester)
Higher salary slabs for both of us compared to Canada. I know cost of living is high in Australia. It is a little bit lesser than our current country of residence UK but are earnings will be more than here. I have not checked out the taxes.
Around 12 to 17% superannuation (not all employers give this range).
With an Australia PR one can work in New Zealand without the need of a work permit.

These are our specific reasons. We looked at the positives. People might have opinions against it. We chose based on our circumstances.
As I have mentioned we have not ruled out Canada. Will have it as backup if we get a PR.
How much is the application fees for a family of 3 members and can the ielts and wes reports be used for australia

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
How much is the application fees for a family of 3 members and can the ielts and wes reports be used for australia
As I have mentioned earlier for a couple with a minor child it was 6500 USD. IELTS general is accepted. WES is not required.
One has to assess education and experience with assessment body. Assessment bodies are different based on occupation.
https://www.acacia-au.com/skilled-migration-points-test.php
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/CSOL
If your occupation is in SOL list then you can apply for 189 visa.
If your occupation is in CSOL then you can apply for 190 visa which is like PNP in Canada. Based on occupation in CSOL certain states will nominate you which gives you extra 5 points to apply for 190 visa.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairichi said:
Quick PR process.
Better weather.
Around 12 to 17% superannuation (not all employers in Australia give this range).

Jairichi.. I think Aus PR process needs experience verification and not ECA. How easy/hard is the experience verification process and its timeline?

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
ldrbjp said:
Jairichi.. I think Aus PR process needs experience verification and not ECA. How easy/hard is the experience verification process and its timeline?
How long is Australia's version of COPR valid?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:
How long is Australia's version of COPR valid?
5 years straight. It is a grant they give you (electronic version). No passport to be sent and no visa stamping. Immigration validates your entry and exit electronically. First activation has to be within the date mentioned (normally a year) i.e based on medicals or PCC.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ldrbjp said:
Yes, you are correct. No need for ECA. Normally assessment agencies do not do verification. If they do it is kind of rare. When you lodge visa application Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), Australia randomly does verification. We did not have any verification at all.
Timeline to get this assessment done through agencies varies. It varies from 2 weeks to 12 weeks. For example Australia Computer Society does it within 2 weeks for occupations like software engineer, software tester etc. Another agency VETASSESS takes 12 weeks to complete assessment for occupation like life scientist, etc.