Australia Immigration

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pavel123 said:
Hi all,

I have graduated from a Canadian university (Mathematical Physics bachelor) and working as a Marketing Analyst for almost 2 years. Don't want to waste time waiting for nothing with Canadian immigration anymore.

Can you please advise me where do I check exactly whether my education field fits my occupation for the VETASSESS for Australian Immigration skills assessment?

Also, is there any tracker where I can check what is the lowest ranking score of the invited candidates for 189 subclass visa?

Thanks
Register at https://www.anzscosearch.com/
Go to search and enter your occupation code.
Click on unit group to know roles and responsibilities for this code.
Alternatively just enter the code in google search and look for job description, roles and responsibilities.

myimmitracker.com

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairichi said:
The list is long for most states. It is requirement based sponsorship. Yes, I think northern territory is like northern Canada :p I am sure your Canadian PR will come through if you have set your eyes there. Good luck. I might sound overly paranoid to you if I say stay away from Europe. You have been seeing what they are going through in the last one year. This is purely my opinion and not intended to be racist or hurt anyone. Apologies if it did so.
I hear you. Europe has never been my number one choice anyway, pretty much due to 'the tensions' that have always existed. They are even heightened now with the flock of refugees, and a consequential rise of the right wing. Still though, I like Scandinavian countries :)

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haznac said:
I hear you. Europe has never been my number one choice anyway, pretty much due to 'the tensions' that have always existed. They are even heightened now with the flock of refugees, and a consequential rise of the right wing. Still though, I like Scandinavian countries :)
My spouse loves Norway, Sweden & Denmark but convinced her out of that route :p

pavel123

Mar 15, 2016
jairichi said:
Register at https://www.anzscosearch.com/
Go to search and enter your occupation code.
Click on unit group to know roles and responsibilities for this code.
Alternatively just enter the code in google search and look for job description, roles and responsibilities.

myimmitracker.com
Thank you for help!

Checked my occupation and it appears to be ineligible :(

It looks like the occupation list will be refreshed on July 1st, right? Do you think there may be substantial changes to the occupations in demand list?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pavel123 said:
Thank you for help!

Checked my occupation and it appears to be ineligible :(

It looks like the occupation list will be refreshed on July 1st, right? Do you think there may be substantial changes to the occupations in demand list?
Does the following match your job profile?
http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Product+Lookup/1220.0~First+Edition,+Revision+1~Chapter~UNIT+GROUP+2251+Advertising%20and%20Marketing%20Professionals

pavel123

Mar 15, 2016
jairichi said:
Does the following match your job profile?
http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Product+Lookup/1220.0~First+Edition,+Revision+1~Chapter~UNIT+GROUP+2251+Advertising%20and%20Marketing%20Professionals
Yes, overall it matches

I think I'm "225112 Market Research Analyst" where I deal with lots of data to provide insights for planning a marketing strategy

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pavel123 said:
Yes, overall it matches

I think I'm "225112 Market Research Analyst" where I deal with lots of data to provide insights for planning a marketing strategy
Ok, that is good to know. Have a look at expatforum.com and search for market analyst who have done VETASSESS assessment. They might be able to tell you the chances of getting a positive outcome with your education and work experience.

pavel123

Mar 15, 2016
jairichi said:
Ok, that is good to know. Have a look at expatforum.com and search for market analyst who have done VETASSESS assessment. They might be able to tell you the chances of getting a positive outcome with your education and work experience.
Thanks for help , will look into it !

However, unless my occupation appears on the SOL list, I shouldn't be applying for the skills assessment , right?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pavel123 said:
Thanks for help , will look into it !

However, unless my occupation appears on the SOL list, I shouldn't be applying for the skills assessment , right?
You are welcome.
Incorrect. If your occupation is in CSOL then you are eligible for 190 visa provided you get 60 points and sponsored by a state that is willing to nominate you.

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
jairichi said:
Look at the forum link provided. We applied on our own for 189 PR visa on 30th March 2016 and got PR on 25th May 2016. For us Canada PR is a backup.
This is such an impressive timeline. I think Australia just became my back-up plan :p

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
jairichi said:
Yes, you are correct. No need for ECA. Normally assessment agencies do not do verification. If they do it is kind of rare. When you lodge visa application Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), Australia randomly does verification. We did not have any verification at all.
Timeline to get this assessment done through agencies varies. It varies from 2 weeks to 12 weeks. For example Australia Computer Society does it within 2 weeks for occupations like software engineer, software tester etc. Another agency VETASSESS takes 12 weeks to complete assessment for occupation like life scientist, etc.
Do you submit your educational qualifications for assessment to the work experience folks ( e.g. ACS ) ? Or else how do you claim points for your degrees?

USIndian

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
jairichi said:
Look at the forum link provided. We applied on our own for 189 PR visa on 30th March 2016 and got PR on 25th May 2016. For us Canada PR is a backup.
+1
Thank you for this post! I live in the US and have applied for Canadian PR in March (FSW Outland), but lately it looks like nobody is getting PR in 4 to 5 months. I really want to leave the US and plan to have Australia as a backup. I am going to start working on my application. From starting your process (getting credentialed etc) to getting the PR how many months did it take you?

pavel123

Mar 15, 2016
jairichi said:
You are welcome.
Incorrect. If your occupation is in CSOL then you are eligible for 190 visa provided you get 60 points and sponsored by a state that is willing to nominate you.
Thanks :) need to do more research on that. I thought I can only apply for 189 subclass

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Hi Jairichi,

Since you helping all the folks for Australia PR...

May I request you to please be my consultant for this process. I am more attracted by this process as no POF required :)

I have checked my ANZSCO code. It is 261111: ICT BUSINESS ANALYST. It is the both the list of SOL and CSOL.

Now what to do , please help from where to start?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:
Do you submit your educational qualifications for assessment to the work experience folks ( e.g. ACS ) ? Or else how do you claim points for your degrees?
For skills assessment one needs to submit both educational documents and work experience letters. Good thing is no need for educational documents in sealed envelope. :p