+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australia Immigration

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thejkhan said:
Unless you already have been assessed by ACS, I really doubt you have 65.

ACS will 'eat into' your years of experience ( anywhere between 2 to 8 ) to provide a +ve assessment (if at all), so you can't use all your years of experience to calculate points.
Vensharm in a private message had mentioned that he has a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science engineering. Since his education and occupation are related he will lose 2 years of his work experience to determine the date from which he is deemed skilled.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
It's hard to mutually satisfy Canada and Australia residence requirements. Here are pros and cons IMO of applying for a AUS residency on top of Canada.

Pros:
* Backup/ peace of mind. If sh*t goes south with canada then you have some other eggs.
* No POF
* Warmer weather
* Possibly larger economy for software.
* Quicker and less stringent processing.

Cons:
* Racism
* Higher taxes
* Healthcare is combination of private/public
* USD $4000 for single and $6000 or more for family
* No longer in proximity to the US. Canadian TN visa allows in/out to US easily.
* Personal opinion - I think you only serve the APAC economy and not the global economy. This makes you less relevant on a global platform.

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
Australia and Canada are easily the most sought after countries for immigrants. Personally though having gone through the Australian visa process, I'd say Australia is better only if your occupation falls under their in demand list.

Canada for me has a more flexible stance towards immigration.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:
It's hard to mutually satisfy Canada and Australia residence requirements. Here are pros and cons IMO of applying for a AUS residency on top of Canada.

Pros:
* Backup/ peace of mind. If sh*t goes south with canada then you have some other eggs.
* No POF
* Warmer weather

Cons:
* Racism
* Higher taxes
* No longer in proximity to the US. Canadian TN visa allows in/out to US easily.
* Personal opinion - I think you only serve the APAC economy and not the global economy. This makes you less relevant on a global platform.
One way to maintain PR is to first stay in Quebec and after 3 years get a Canadian passport. Later move to Australia as PR and stay there to gain Australian passport.

FORESIGHT

Aug 27, 2015
@ Deadbird, thanks for this analysis. I realized that my heart is still attached to AUS for the reason of faster processing time. What is need waiting on Canada endless when I can easily succeed with AUS.
Please I don't understand the USD $4000 for single and $6000 or more for family part. Can you explain?
I thank you.
deadbird said:

Pros:
* No POF
* Warmer weather

Cons:
* Racism
* Higher taxes

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
jairichi said:
One way to maintain PR is to first stay in Quebec and after 3 years get a Canadian passport. Later move to Australia as PR and stay there to gain Australian passport.
@Jairichi
I didn't know Quebec had only 3 years residence requirement. Can you give some pointers to this? Casual googling did not reveal anything.

Another more convoluted option is (speculative, laws might change):
* Move to AUS for 2 years.
* Come back to canada and get citizenship ( takes 4 years + 1 year processing )
* Apply for AUS RRV once initial 5 years are up.
* Go back to AUS to resume residency / citizenship.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/businesspeople/applying-business-immigrant/permanent-residence.html
Look at USEFUL INFORMATION at the end of page.
deadbird said:
@Jairichi
I didn't know Quebec had only 3 years residence requirement. Can you give some pointers to this? Casual googling did not reveal anything.

Another more convoluted option is (speculative, laws might change):
* Move to AUS for 2 years.
* Come back to canada and get citizenship ( takes 4 years + 1 year processing )
* Apply for AUS RRV once initial 5 years are up.
* Go back to AUS to resume residency / citizenship.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
jairichi said:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/businesspeople/applying-business-immigrant/permanent-residence.html
There's also the possibility that C-24 will be repealed - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bringing-back-3-year-residency-by-repealing-bill-c24-t392063.0.html

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
How long we need to stay in Australia to keep PR and get Citizenship?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
jairichi said:
This is very useful information indeed. I didn't know that...i thought the citizenship is managed at the federal level with the same 4 years requirement applied across the country.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
deadbird said:
keep PR - 2 / 5 years.
citizenship - 4 years ( with some gaps here and there )
It is similar to Canada?

axlh17

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
deadbird said:

Pros:
* No POF
* Warmer weather

Cons:
* Racism
* Higher taxes
Can you elaborate a bit more on the racism part? How does it compare with Canada?

axlh17

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
emamabd said:
This is very useful information indeed. I didn't know that...i thought the citizenship is managed at the federal level with the same 4 years requirement applied across the country.
Is this correct information or it's because the website isn't updated after the new law? I've looked elsewhere but can't find anything confirming that living in Quebec reduces it to 3 years.

But assuming it is correct, does it only apply to people that got PR from Quebec, or can other PR who simply lived in Quebec for 3 years also apply? Thanks!

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes it is 4 out of 6 years for all. Their website is not yet updated?