17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
thejkhan said:
I know, said just for the sake of simplicity. IELTS all 7 is almost CLB9.

Reaching 60 without good English is extremely hard, you'd need years and years of experience.
No thats not correct. It depends on case to case basis. 30 points for Age, 15 points for Education, 5 points for spouse skills. This makes it 50. 3 years relevant experience will give you 5 points. Plus if you go for 190 state sponsorship visa then 5 points from state which makes it to 60. If someone has 5 years as relevant exp then 10 points for experience. I have not even included points for English here.

vensharm

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Need an opinion from the experts who have already pursued PR for Australia.
My husband submitted EOI for "Engineering Manager" code, just to check if this skill in demand in Australia and worth spending money for the assessment. In the draw yesterday, he has received the Invitation and now we know that his skill is in demand and will get the assessment done. But I have few queries:-
1. To get 5 points for partner qualification, do I also need to get the assessment done including qualification and experience?
2. To get full marks for experience (8 years), does he have to show 8 years as an Engineering manager or it can be 7 years as manager and rest of the years as Team Lead in the same line. Would it work?
3. I read it somewhere that to get points for 8 experience, you need to have 10 years of experience. Is it true?
4. What all documents needs to be submitted for assessment.

Thanks!!

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
averma said:
No thats not correct. It depends on case to case basis. 30 points for Age, 15 points for Education, 5 points for spouse skills. This makes it 50. 3 years relevant experience will give you 5 points. Plus if you go for 190 state sponsorship visa then 5 points from state which makes it to 60. If someone has 5 years as relevant exp then 10 points for experience. I have not even included points for English here.
I'm talking about 189, not 190.

Good luck with 190 state sponsorship - you not only need 55 points, each state has additional requirements that you have to meet. For example, an additional 3 years of experience (beyond those required for skills assessment) + skills relevant to the industry in that state.

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friend (s),

I did my friend's self-assessment test and calculated his score in the Skilled Migration Points test., which is as:

(As per his experience as Secondary School Teacher which is 241411),
Score he is getting is as given below:

Age- 25
English Language Ability- 10 (LRWS= 8,7,7,8 in General Training)
Qualification- 15
Work Experience- 15
His total score comes 65

Which shows that he meets the criteria.

The Problem is after login into https://www.anzscosearch.com/search/ for his code,
Please guide

Which visa subclass he should go?
Many state eligibilities are showing closed. However few are showing open for 190 and 489. Darwin is showing minimum IELTS 6.0 score in each band.

If he goes for assessment to AITSL there same IELTS score is needed but in Academic Mode.

Waiting for reponse

madhotra

Nov 1, 2015
I am looking for your opinion on my situation.

I have Australia PR (subclass 189) granted last year in November and last entry must be made on or before 22nd Oct 2016. It took only 15 days after submission of application.
I also have Canada PR issued today (application approved and closed) though I have not yet received my Passport/CoPR back from visa office, NDVO, expecting last entry to be made by 10 Dec 2016.

We(family of three) are more inclined towards Canada to start with but considering the uncertainties like job and adaptability, I don't want to kill Australia PR.

Question: Is it legal (and possible) that I activate both the PR before they expire to start with and choose one country to stay and live as it goes forward (say in next 2 years)?

Thanks in advance for looking into it.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madhotra said:
I am looking for your opinion on my situation.

I have Australia PR (subclass 189) granted last year in November and last entry must be made on or before 22nd Oct 2016. It took only 15 days after submission of application.
I also have Canada PR issued today (application approved and closed) though I have not yet received my Passport/CoPR back from visa office, NDVO, expecting last entry to be made by 10 Dec 2016.

We(family of three) are more inclined towards Canada to start with but considering the uncertainties like job and adaptability, I don't want to kill Australia PR.

Question: Is it legal (and possible) that I activate both the PR before they expire to start with and choose one country to stay and live as it goes forward (say in next 2 years)?

Thanks in advance for looking into it.
Congratulation for having two PRs. Make sure you validate Australia and Canada PR before deciding to stay in Australia or Canada. As years progress you can decide where you would like to stay for long term.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensharm said:
Need an opinion from the experts who have already pursued PR for Australia.
My husband submitted EOI for "Engineering Manager" code, just to check if this skill in demand in Australia and worth spending money for the assessment. In the draw yesterday, he has received the Invitation and now we know that his skill is in demand and will get the assessment done. But I have few queries:-
1. To get 5 points for partner qualification, do I also need to get the assessment done including qualification and experience?
2. To get full marks for experience (8 years), does he have to show 8 years as an Engineering manager or it can be 7 years as manager and rest of the years as Team Lead in the same line. Would it work?
3. I read it somewhere that to get points for 8 experience, you need to have 10 years of experience. Is it true?
4. What all documents needs to be submitted for assessment.

Thanks!!
1. You need to be below 50 years of age, have functional English (IELTS 4.5 in each component) and skills assessment in an occupation belonging to SOL or CSOL as your partner.
2. This you need to check with skills assessment agency.
3. Some assessment agency like ACS, VETASSESS reduce 2 years from work experience to determine the date from which one is deemed skilled. It does not apply to all agencies.
4. You need to check with assessment agency.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fly2Can said:
Dear Friend (s),

I did my friend's self-assessment test and calculated his score in the Skilled Migration Points test., which is as:

(As per his experience as Secondary School Teacher which is 241411),
Score he is getting is as given below:

Age- 25
English Language Ability- 10 (LRWS= 8,7,7,8 in General Training)
Qualification- 15
Work Experience- 15
His total score comes 65

Which shows that he meets the criteria.

The Problem is after login into https://www.anzscosearch.com/search/ for his code,
Please guide

Which visa subclass he should go?
Many state eligibilities are showing closed. However few are showing open for 190 and 489. Darwin is showing minimum IELTS 6.0 score in each band.

If he goes for assessment to AITSL there same IELTS score is needed but in Academic Mode.

Waiting for reponse
Australia immigration plans run from July of this year to June of next year. So, possibly many states may open up from July 1st for state sponsorship. As thejkhan pointed out each state has its own set of criteria different from the criteria set by DIBP. It is same like PNP. One needs to meet a province nomination requirements to get those points and later meet federal requirements. If IELTS academic for skills assessment is required your friend has to take that test with the required points. Later if he wants to score more points to be eligible for 189 (if his occupation in skills list) he can take PTE-A and increase his score and submit it at EOI stage to be eligible for Australia PR

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairichi said:
Australia immigration plans run from July of this year to June of next year. So, possibly many states may open up from July 1st for state sponsorship. As thejkhan pointed out each state has its own set of criteria different from the criteria set by DIBP. It is same like PNP. One needs to meet a province nomination requirements to get those points and later meet federal requirements. If IELTS academic for skills assessment is required your friend has to take that test with the required points. Later if he wants to score more points to be eligible for 189 (if his occupation in skills list) he can take PTE-A and increase his score and submit it at EOI stage to be eligible for Australia PR
Thank you so much.

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairichi said:
Dear Friend,

Firstly thank you so much for response. Should he wait till July for any changes in rules?

He will have to prepare a lot to score IELTS Academic almost 8 each to get assessment done. However, it is quite hard in academic. Does it mean that teachers need both IELTS? Should he ask to assessment authority that they accept general, if?

Now another question is how much chances are there for the teachers to get selected if eligible for visa 189?

Waiting for response.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fly2Can said:
Dear Friend,

Firstly thank you so much for response. Should he wait till July for any changes in rules?

He will have to prepare a lot to score IELTS Academic almost 8 each to get assessment done. However, it is quite hard in academic. Does it mean that teachers need both IELTS? Should he ask to assessment authority that they accept general, if?

Now another question is how much chances are there for the teachers to get selected if eligible for visa 189?

Waiting for response.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL
https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Empl/skillselect
Click on tab 'Occupation Ceilings' and look for his code. Teacher occupation never fills up completely. With 60 points it will be an immediate invitation in next round.
I doubt assessment agency is going to waive the need of IELTS academic as his occupation involves teaching and so a higher standard is expected. He can always contact the agency and check it.

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairichi said:
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL
https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Empl/skillselect
Click on tab 'Occupation Ceilings' and look for his code. Teacher occupation never fills up completely. With 60 points it will be an immediate invitation in next round.
I doubt assessment agency is going to waive the need of IELTS academic as his occupation involves teaching and so a higher standard is expected. He can always contact the agency and check it.
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for sharing lot of information. When are they going to waive academic IELTS?

I would like you to go through this link

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aitsl.edu.au%2Fdocs%2Fdefault-source%2Fassessment-for-migration-resources%2Faitsl-secondary-school-teacher-application640d844d46ab632d8aa7ff0000cdfa8c.docx

It shows on page 4 the checklist.

Most of the points are really easy except a few. If anything serious, kindly help.

Humble regards

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fly2Can said:
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for sharing lot of information. When are they going to waive academic IELTS?

I would like you to go through this link

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aitsl.edu.au%2Fdocs%2Fdefault-source%2Fassessment-for-migration-resources%2Faitsl-secondary-school-teacher-application640d844d46ab632d8aa7ff0000cdfa8c.docx

It shows on page 4 the checklist.

Most of the points are really easy except a few. If anything serious, kindly help.

Humble regards
Please do not call me sir.
Look at Q15 where the option of IELTS test result is not required. Otherwise it is mandatory. Check with AITSL.

Issoufa

Apr 15, 2016
Niger
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Dakar
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-10-2019
File Transfer...
07-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-10-2019
averma said:
Hello averma,

Is it possible to make application without english test??

Thanks

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Issoufa said:
Hello averma,

Is it possible to make application without english test??

Thanks
Unfortunately no. A minimum of 6 is required for each component of English test (IELTS or PTE-Academic)