+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australia Immigration

AndyK

Mar 14, 2016
Hello jairichi,

Thanks for providing such useful information.

I have a question regarding work experience letter to be provided to ACS.
I am a Project Manager with around 10 years of experience in IT industry. I plan to apply in ICT Project Manager category. My current role is project manager, however early years of my experience include coding and development like stuff.

What should my 'roles and responsibilities' include in the work experience letter to ACS? I mean should it include the coding stuff of early years, or only current role and responsibilities as project manager?

If I include coding , will some part of my experience be reduced?

Can you please help?
Thanks!

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndyK said:
Hello jairichi,

Thanks for providing such useful information.

I have a question regarding work experience letter to be provided to ACS.
I am a Project Manager with around 10 years of experience in IT industry. I plan to apply in ICT Project Manager category. My current role is project manager, however early years of my experience include coding and development like stuff.

What should my 'roles and responsibilities' include in the work experience letter to ACS? I mean should it include the coding stuff of early years, or only current role and responsibilities as project manager?

If I include coding , will some part of my experience be reduced?

Can you please help?
Thanks!
Hi Andy,
Your job roles and responsibilities (R&Rs) need to be a 100% match for what is expected of your occupation. Anything extra might work for or against you. For example, ACS might come back and say your profile based on additional R&Rs could be an ideal match for another occupation. You need to take a calculated decision on this aspect.

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fly2Can said:
The following mail has been sent to AITSL by my friend:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to apply for migration to Australia as a Secondary School Teacher. The first major step is the AITSL Assessment of my Educational, Professional and English Language proficiency. After going through the application checklist, I find myself qualifying for the same in my education and professional qualifications.

In recent appearance in IELTS General Training, I have scored L R W S as 8.5, 8, 7, 8 bands respectively. I saw in the checklist, for English Language Proficiency it is Academic IELTS Test but written as 'if applicable'.

I request you to explain the meaning of that. I would like to ask you if I can use the same score to apply for assessment from you.

Yours faithfully,
I'd like to inform here that a response from AITSL has been received. Hope it would be useful for all those who are looking to apply for JOb Occupation 241411 i.e. Secondary School Teacher

Which is as below:

The ‘if applicable’ is included as there are two options to demonstrate English proficiency.

1. An Academic IELTS test

2. Four full years of study in higher education in one of the listed English speaking countries. (See detailed information below)

Thus, ‘if applicable’ is included in the checklist in the event the applicant has selected option 2.

That means IELTS with at least 7.0 for both Reading and Writing; and a score of at least 8.0 for both Speaking and Listening is a must.

Without that there won't be positive assessment.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fly2Can said:
I'd like to inform here that a response from AITSL has been received. Hope it would be useful for all those who are looking to apply for JOb Occupation 241411 i.e. Secondary School Teacher

Which is as below:

The ‘if applicable’ is included as there are two options to demonstrate English proficiency.

1. An Academic IELTS test

2. Four full years of study in higher education in one of the listed English speaking countries. (See detailed information below)

Thus, ‘if applicable’ is included in the checklist in the event the applicant has selected option 2.

That means IELTS with at least 7.0 for both Reading and Writing; and a score of at least 8.0 for both Speaking and Listening is a must.

Without that there won't be positive assessment.
Thanks Fly2Can. Just to make it more clear. Whether a positive assessment be possible with an IELTS score of 7 in each component and 4 years of higher education in an English speaking country?

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell2 said:
Whats the current ITA score in Australia ?
60 for most occupations. Generally very hard to reach 60.

Your education has to match your profession, and your profession must be in the SOL list, otherwise you can go for state nomination, which is more difficult compared to Canada's PNPs.

Higher than 60 for certain occupations, like IT.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell2 said:
Oh great I'm at 60, if i retake Ielts and get 8 in writing i get to 70.
Good luck, that's some bada$$ IELTS score you got. Don't forget passing skills assessment, without that scores won't help you.

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairichi said:
Thanks Fly2Can. Just to make it more clear. Whether a positive assessment be possible with an IELTS score of 7 in each component and 4 years of higher education in an English speaking country?
I would like to inform here that a positive assessment is possible only if someone scores 8 7 7 8 in academic IELTS in listening reading writing speaking components respectively, or 4 years in higher education from any english speaking country like UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Ireland etc.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Fly2Can said:
I would like to inform here that a positive assessment is possible only if someone scores 8 7 7 8 in academic IELTS in listening reading writing speaking components respectively, or 4 years in higher education from any english speaking country like UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Ireland etc.
Not IELTS General ?

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
@jairichi - You had mentioned that you got 5 points for "partner skills". I think you also mentioned that you are a biologist while your spouse is a software person. How were you able to claim the 5 points since I assume one of you has an occupation in the SOL list while the other in CSOL?