+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Thank you for the reply, can there be fluctuations in the amount?? i.e can we withdraw from the required limit?
I'm not sure you can do that but if I were you I wouldn't let my balance go below the required limit at least till I landed in Canada.

Some applicants have reported that they were asked for proof of funds at landing and had to updated show bank statements.

Good luck.

sal_g

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
hello People,
i will appreciate if some one helped. i am an EE applicant and i got my ppr on September 1st the whole process was in CPC- OTTAWA. we submitted our passports on the 4th of Sep and today cairo visa office sent me a request to come in person to the embassy with my original ID. without mentioning anything else. and beside my file number written PQ
my CIC account shows you dont need an interview.
is this an interview or what is that? i am anxious now. would appreciate if someone could help. Thanks

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
HI,
From what little I know.. the PR number has 2 letters followed by digits. Therefore, it may be that your application is approved, and the number that you have on file is your (future) PR card number (for you, as the principal applicant). I still would not take chances. Take all supporting documents for your application, and also, the email, apart form the original ID, just in case it is an interview.
Remember that the online status of the application cannot be relied on always, and it is not always updated promptly.
of note, did you show any interest in Quebec, or applied as refugee status?

sal_g

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
HI,
From what little I know.. the PR number has 2 letters followed by digits. Therefore, it may be that your application is approved, and the number that you have on file is your (future) PR card number (for you, as the principal applicant). I still would not take chances. Take all supporting documents for your application, and also, the email, apart form the original ID, just in case it is an interview.
Remember that the online status of the application cannot be relied on always, and it is not always updated promptly.
of note, did you show any interest in Quebec, or applied as refugee status?
No not at all
i am a FSWO - CRS 424 - in app mentioned my interest in ontario
AOR Aug 11
PPR Sep 1st
we were overwhelmed by how quickly the process was and was expecting an email for collecting pp with visa but this is what came up today.

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
No not at all
i am a FSWO - CRS 424 - in app mentioned my interest in ontario
AOR Aug 11
PPR Sep 1st
we were overwhelmed by how quickly the process was and was expecting an email for collecting pp with visa but this is what came up today.
"PQ" could stand for anything... but it could also be "Pending Qualification"... Therefore, prepare for an interview and hope for the best. If it isn't an interview, that's fine... if it is, then, you would have gone there prepared.... no harm done!
All the best!

Reactions: sal_g

Vrahmedabad

Aug 8, 2017
Hi, is anyone still awaiting their medical clearance? My AOR is 1st August, and no updates after that. On Aug 21, background info check went to not required.

Looking at current trends of folks getting even ppr in a month, is not my time longer? Any thoughts or recommendations on how could I inquire of the update?

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
It's IP2... Grreat you're almost there :)

Cheers :)
Thanks, is that mean that I didn't see when IP1 happened? Because all I noticed was Medical passed on Sep 5, and then "we are processing your background....", I didn't see any NA. I only saw NA when I applied.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi, is anyone still awaiting their medical clearance? My AOR is 1st August, and no updates after that. On Aug 21, background info check went to not required.

Looking at current trends of folks getting even ppr in a month, is not my time longer? Any thoughts or recommendations on how could I inquire of the update?
Whats your stream?

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Anyone got life changing mail of PPR today:p

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Do they ask for RPRF before sending the PPR mail?

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
Thanks, is that mean that I didn't see when IP1 happened? Because all I noticed was Medical passed on Sep 5, and then "we are processing your background....", I didn't see any NA. I only saw NA when I applied.
Yeah you might have missed IP1... It says something like "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check"..

Good luck :)

Reactions: Mystico_90

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Yeah you might have missed IP1... It says something like "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check"..

Good luck :)
Good to know! Let's see what happens next. I'll post if I get any updates.

Thanks ☺

Reactions: nbt11