Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
I'm thinking of doing the same but it looks like they don't normally ask for fingerprints at rcmp. Yet, I think the fingerprints check is needed by ircc? I could be wrong / confused.

When you guys applied for the RCMP pcc, did you give them your fingerprints? @RoverMover @EscoBlades

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I'm thinking of doing the same but it looks like they don't normally ask for fingerprints at rcmp, but I think the fingerprints check is needed by ircc? I could be wrong / confused.

When you guys applied for the RCMP pcc, did you give them your fingerprints? @RoverMover @EscoBlades
Wasn’t asked for fingerprints. Local police station just needed name and date of birth, and i could apply online.

IF they can’t run the criminal record check with that info, then they would ask for fingerprints.

That said you could just go ahead and try for a certified criminal record check, which requires fingerprints.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Wasn’t asked for fingerprints. Local police station just needed name and date of birth, and i could apply online.

IF they can’t run the criminal record check with that info, then they would ask for fingerprints.

That said you could just go ahead and try for a certified criminal record check, which requires fingerprints.
That's good. I can do it online too but it seems to ask me nowhere for fingerprints if I do it online, which is fine—it means it'll take less time. However, on this link, (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html) ircc says that if they ask us for an rcmp criminal record check (same as pcc from rcmp)—which they seem to ask most inlanders—then we must submit fingerprints. It would suck to go through the trouble of obtaining a pcc proactively only to have to repeat it because it was not done with fingerprints. I wonder if you or someone else can shed light on this?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
That's good. I can do it online too but it seems to ask me nowhere for fingerprints if I do it online, which is fine—it means it'll take less time. However, on this link, (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html) ircc says that if they ask us for an rcmp criminal record check (same as pcc from rcmp)—which they seem to ask most inlanders—then we must submit fingerprints. It would suck to go through the trouble of obtaining a pcc proactively only to have to repeat it because it was not done with fingerprints. I wonder if you or someone else can shed light on this?
You bring up a good point. That said, my document checklist never asked for an RCMP PCC in the first place (just my UK one, which i uploaded with my application)

If they request one with fingerprints from me further down the line, i’ll go get that one too. Hopefully Service Canada will be taking biometrics by then so i can do both at once.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
You bring up a good point. That said, my document checklist never asked for an RCMP PCC in the first place (just my UK one, which i uploaded with my application)

If they request one with fingerprints from me further down the line, i’ll go get that one too. Hopefully Service Canada will be taking biometrics by then so i can do both at once.
You're right, I think I will do the same. Let's hope biometrics collection resumes soon. Covid has ruined everything for everyone!

Reactions: EscoBlades

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
I'm thinking of doing the same but it looks like they don't normally ask for fingerprints at rcmp. Yet, I think the fingerprints check is needed by ircc? I could be wrong / confused.

I had my given my fingerprints at Commissionaires. They are authorized third party service to send fingerprints to RCMP to run fingerprint based criminal record check.

vmaithil

Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
11-June-2020
AOR Received.
19-Aug-2020
Hello

ITA: 11 June 2020
AOR: 19 AUG 2020
Waiting time begins...

any idea when I'll receive next update ?

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
I had my given my fingerprints at Commissionaires. They are authorized third party service to send fingerprints to RCMP to run fingerprint based criminal record check.
Good to know. I guess you decided on your own to do a fingerprint-based check, which is good, they will not waste time later. I am trying to decide whether to apply online through the local police service (faster) or do a walk-in and ask for a fingerprint-based check. I feel like they might say "why do you even need a fingerprint check when we can do a namecheck-based check". Unless I have a letter from ircc requesting it, I wonder how I will insist on one.

Decisions, decisions!

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
Good to know. I guess you decided on your own to do a fingerprint-based check, which is good, they will not waste time later. I am trying to decide whether to apply online through the local police service (faster) or do a walk-in and ask for a fingerprint-based check. I feel like they might say "why do you even need a fingerprint check when we can do a namecheck-based check". Unless I have a letter from ircc requesting it, I wonder how I will insist on one.

Decisions, decisions!
Yeah. When I booked an appointment, I told them it's an upfront to avoid any delays in the future and they are ok with that. They didn't ask me for IRCC letter.

Reactions: mknox

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Yeah. When I booked an appointment, I told them it's an upfront to avoid any delays in the future and they are ok with that. They didn't ask me for IRCC letter.
Sorry, can I ask you another thing. I think you need to fill out the name of the "organization" for whom this pcc is being obtained. Did you just fill IRCC, or were you expected to specify CIO or CPC handling your case, which I assume we don't even know at this point..?

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
Sorry, can I ask you another thing. I think you need to fill out the name of the "organization" for whom this pcc is being obtained. Did you just fill IRCC, or were you expected to specify CIO or CPC handling your case, which I assume we don't even know at this point..?
There's a section named "Reason for application" in which "Immigration to Canada" is selected.