+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Winsational

Nov 8, 2019
I received a DM and I got PPR at the beginning of November. I was just notified by VFS Global that my application had been dispatched to IRCC for processing. I haven't received a pre arrival letter though (what is that).

And does anyone know how long it may take IRCC to process my application?

tacobowl123

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Hi, no we haven't done that yet. But by trying to search for information, I've found that the prepaid self-addressed envelope from Fedex can be a tricky thing. This is the thread that seems to have some information.

With fedex:
1) it seems like you have to open a fedex account (also means provide your credit card #)
2) Buy a prepaid envelope but address it to yourself from the CIC. As if, CIC is the sender and you are the recipient
3) Also include your fedex account # that way if the envelope needs to clear customs and there are fees involved, CIC can charge your particular fedex account for such fees. But another post in the thread also explains how documents are valued under $20 and you wouldn't/shouldn't incur customs fees

With UPS, two different opinions on this:
1) One post said they found it more helpful than Fedex,
2) while another post said that the UPS store they went to couldn't generate a return label.

So this is a hit or miss depending on how knowledgeable the store employee is? Do your research and find out your options :) Please keep us updated.
So I went to FedEx today and was able to send everything.

I sent the documents + pictures in a regular letter sized envelope which cost $22.49 using FedEx Ground (Express was $50). The return documents were tricker and I'm hoping I got it correct. I filled out an international waybill addressed from CPCO to myself and this is the only thing I included with the application. I didn't include a return envelope and FedEx was unable to produce a return commercial invoice. I did provide my account number, so whatever charges they will have will be passed on to me...now the wait for the COPR begins.

Reactions: deepa_c

Scott238921

Nov 23, 2019
Does anyone in August group application transferred to Hong Kong visa office?
Yes, I'm a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my wife from Mainland China. Here's my timeline so far:

Application Received: August 28, 2019
Biometrics Requested: October 3, 2019
Sponsor Approval: October 4, 2019
Medical Requested: October 4, 2019
Application Transferred to Hong Kong Visa Office: October 9, 2019
Biometrics Completed: October 11, 2019
Medical Passed: October 12, 2019
Document Request (AOR2): October 24, 2019
Updated Documents Delivered to Visa Office November 21, 2019

Good luck to all

fahim89

Nov 23, 2019
Hello all,

I'm a permanent resident currently living and working in Toronto. I applied for my wife's Spousal PR and submitted all my documents. It was delivered on August 12th. It's been 3 and a half months and I still haven't received anything. I haven't received a file number. My wife is outland and is currently living in her hometown in Russia.

I contacted IRCC through the webform but they say the same thing that say on the phone:

"We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received."

Anyone else having a similar experience where they still haven't received a file number?

It's been quite frustrating to have not even got the process started when a lot of people get there file numbers within 6 weeks. Any advice or suggestions you have to share is more than welcome.

Thanks all.,
Fahim

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Yes, I'm a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my wife from Mainland China. Here's my timeline so far:

Application Received: August 28, 2019
Biometrics Requested: October 3, 2019
Sponsor Approval: October 4, 2019
Medical Requested: October 4, 2019
Application Transferred to Hong Kong Visa Office: October 9, 2019
Biometrics Completed: October 11, 2019
Medical Passed: October 12, 2019
Document Request (AOR2): October 24, 2019
Updated Documents Delivered to Visa Office November 21, 2019

Good luck to all
Excellent! Our applications are on the same timeline which is held by Hong Kong visa office. My updated documents have delivered to visa office on Nov 3. But I have no news since that. I think they will wait until the 30-days document request to expire and then make the further process.

Look forward to hearing anyone's timeline ahead of ours.

Fingers crossed

Reactions: Scott238921

mrstrunks

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
Hello all,

I'm a permanent resident currently living and working in Toronto. I applied for my wife's Spousal PR and submitted all my documents. It was delivered on August 12th. It's been 3 and a half months and I still haven't received anything. I haven't received a file number. My wife is outland and is currently living in her hometown in Russia.

I contacted IRCC through the webform but they say the same thing that say on the phone:

"We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received."

Anyone else having a similar experience where they still haven't received a file number?

It's been quite frustrating to have not even got the process started when a lot of people get there file numbers within 6 weeks. Any advice or suggestions you have to share is more than welcome.

Thanks all.,
Fahim

Hi Fahim,

Have you tried checking ECAS to see if your file is there? You can use the receipt # when you paid for the application as your identification. Then, if you were able to see your application in ECAS, try linking your application in GCKEY.

darshankumar patel

Feb 1, 2019
Hello i have a question! i did not receive any email regarding to file transfer but i can see on GC key that medical is passed! medical can be pass in sydney or it only can be pass after tranfer !! please if some one can help!

Reactions: HRU

HRU

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hello i have a question! i did not receive any email regarding to file transfer but i can see on GC key that medical is passed! medical can be pass in sydney or it only can be pass after tranfer !! please if some one can help!
I am in the same situation for a month!!! Someone help, does anyone have an idea why this is?

Mabroor

Jan 16, 2017
I am in the same situation for a month!!! Someone help, does anyone have an idea why this is?
Based on trend and other people's post I have seen many applicants had their medicals passed before file got transferred to VO or CPC-M. I think even PA country has something to do with medicals. Because seen few post where PA got medical request after file transfer to VO.
Good luck

Reactions: HRU

HRU

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Based on trend and other people's post I have seen many applicants had their medicals passed before file got transferred to VO or CPC-M. I think even PA country has something to do with medicals. Because seen few post where PA got medical request after file transfer to VO.
Good luck
So you think it is normal to have such a long wait after Medicals, for the case to be transferred? Mines has been a bit more than a month since medicals completed and passed.
Thank you so much for your reply :) good luck to you too!

Mabroor

Jan 16, 2017
So you think it is normal to have such a long wait after Medicals, for the case to be transferred? Mines has been a bit more than a month since medicals completed and passed.
Thank you so much for your reply :) good luck to you too!
At this stage my friend I dont know what is normal and what is not because IRCC is working randomly on files. I dont see any first come first serve thing. All I can do is pray and wish everyone should be with their loved one pretty soon. Hang in there hopefully u will have your day.

HRU

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
So you think it is normal to have such a long wait after Medicals for case to be transferred?
At this stage my friend I dont know what is normal and what is not because IRCC is working randomly on files. I dont see any first come first serve thing. All I can do is pray and wish everyone should be with their loved one pretty soon. Hang in there hopefully u will have your day.
Hahaha that’s so true ... the way CIC works is making me depressed haha :D Me too.. I hope everyone gets united with their loved ones too... :( I hate this waiting process

Reactions: pardis.tabar