+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

HRU

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi did u try to call IRCC about it??
Hi :) no I haven’t. I heard IRCC gives vague information over the phone haha. And since it hasn’t been way too long they might just tell me that case processing can take up to 12 months.

Last edited:

tacobowl123

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
In GCKey / IRCC my account using sign-in partner, or whatever, if the application status says Updated, yet no obvious or visible changes since last view, then it's commonly known as a "ghost" update. Update without an actual visible change.
Hey Deepa, question for you as you have applied from the States as well. Have you sent in the passport photocopy and the 2 pictures? If so, did you go through FedEx? I'm not sure how to ask for this return envelope/return postage etc. lol

deepa_c

Sep 6, 2019
Hey Deepa, question for you as you have applied from the States as well. Have you sent in the passport photocopy and the 2 pictures? If so, did you go through FedEx? I'm not sure how to ask for this return envelope/return postage etc. lol
Hi, no we haven't done that yet. But by trying to search for information, I've found that the prepaid self-addressed envelope from Fedex can be a tricky thing. This is the thread that seems to have some information.

With fedex:
1) it seems like you have to open a fedex account (also means provide your credit card #)
2) Buy a prepaid envelope but address it to yourself from the CIC. As if, CIC is the sender and you are the recipient
3) Also include your fedex account # that way if the envelope needs to clear customs and there are fees involved, CIC can charge your particular fedex account for such fees. But another post in the thread also explains how documents are valued under $20 and you wouldn't/shouldn't incur customs fees

With UPS, two different opinions on this:
1) One post said they found it more helpful than Fedex,
2) while another post said that the UPS store they went to couldn't generate a return label.

So this is a hit or miss depending on how knowledgeable the store employee is? Do your research and find out your options :) Please keep us updated.

Last edited:

tacobowl123

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Hi, no we haven't done that yet. But by trying to search for information, I've found that the prepaid self-addressed envelope from Fedex can be a tricky thing. This is the thread that seems to have some information.

With fedex:
1) it seems like you have to open a fedex account (also means provide your credit card #)
2) Buy a prepaid envelope but address it to yourself from the CIC. As if, CIC is the sender and you are the recipient
3) Also include your fedex account # that way if the envelope needs to clear customs and there are fees involved, CIC can charge your particular fedex account for such fees. But another post in the thread also explains how documents are valued under $20 and you wouldn't/shouldn't incur customs fees

With UPS, two different opinions on this:
1) One post said they found it more helpful than Fedex,
2) while another post said that the UPS store they went to couldn't generate a return label.

So this is a hit or miss depending on how knowledgeable the store employee is? Do your research and find out your options :) Please keep us updated.
I was just looking at these as well, LOL.

Yeah, i'm going to go to FedEx as the one near me are really helpful (We had forgotten to include a signature on one of the PR app pages and the guy pulled it out for me, waited until I came to send it out! Obviously I called, but it was nice he did that for us.)

Last time I tried to use UPS they told me they couldn't send something to Canada as the address was in French... :|

I think I have a FedEx account already so I'll play around it later on today and keep you posted. Thanks for getting back to me!

Reactions: deepa_c

deepa_c

Sep 6, 2019
I was just looking at these as well, LOL.

Yeah, i'm going to go to FedEx as the one near me are really helpful (We had forgotten to include a signature on one of the PR app pages and the guy pulled it out for me, waited until I came to send it out! Obviously I called, but it was nice he did that for us.)

Last time I tried to use UPS they told me they couldn't send something to Canada as the address was in French... :|

I think I have a FedEx account already so I'll play around it later on today and keep you posted. Thanks for getting back to me!
Hah! We'll figure something out, I am sure.

We're almost there.

newcan_2019

Nov 20, 2019
Hello all, Got PPR today. Posting our timeline for others.

Received: August 12, 2019
AOR1: October 18, 2019
Bio: October 21, 2019, completed Nov 4, 2019
SA: October 22, 2019
Med: October 23, 2019, completed Oct 30, 2019
AOR2: Nov 18, 2019 (VO Mississauga)
DM: Nov 19, 2019
PPR: Nov 20, 2019

Sponsor is Canadian citizen, PA is Costa Rican citizen, both living together in the US. Faster than expected!

Reactions: jerry22880

SDEV8

Sep 20, 2017
Congrats, did u just got the PPR as mine is same DM aswell
Hello all, Got PPR today. Posting our timeline for others
Received: August 12, 2019
AOR1: October 18, 2019
Bio: October 21, 2019, completed Nov 4, 2019
SA: October 22, 2019
Med: October 23, 2019, completed Oct 30, 2019
AOR2: Nov 18, 2019 (VO Mississauga)
DM: Nov 19, 2019
PPR: Nov 20, 2019

Sponsor is Canadian citizen, PA is Costa Rican citizen, both living together in the US. Faster than expected!

Reactions: newcan_2019

mrstrunks

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
I just hecked ECAS and its showing decision made!! No changes in GC key...

Sponsor: Canadian Citizen
PA: Philippines
No Dependants

Application Received: Aug 1/19
AOR1: Oct 10/19
SA: Oct 15/19

Biometrics Fee Payment Request: Oct 15/19
Email confirmation of Biometrics Fee received: Oct 22/19
Biometrics Request: Oct 25/19
Biometrics Done: Nov 5/19

Medical Request: Oct 18/19
Medical Completed: Nov 4/19
Medical Passed: Nov 14/19

Moved to CPC-Mississauga: Oct 23/19
Additiona Docs (PSA Advisory on Marriage) - Nov 6/19
Additiona Docs submitted - Nov 11/19
AOR2 (line 2 in ECAS) - Nov 20/19
Decision Made in ECAS - Nov 21/19

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
I just hecked ECAS and its showing decision made!! No changes in GC key...

Sponsor: Canadian Citizen
PA: Philippines
No Dependants

Application Received: Aug 1/19
AOR1: Oct 10/19
SA: Oct 15/19

Biometrics Fee Payment Request: Oct 15/19
Email confirmation of Biometrics Fee received: Oct 22/19
Biometrics Request: Oct 25/19
Biometrics Done: Nov 5/19

Medical Request: Oct 18/19
Medical Completed: Nov 4/19
Medical Passed: Nov 14/19

Moved to CPC-Mississauga: Oct 23/19
Additiona Docs (PSA Advisory on Marriage) - Nov 6/19
Additiona Docs submitted - Nov 11/19
AOR2 (line 2 in ECAS) - Nov 20/19
Decision Made in ECAS - Nov 21/19
What were the additional documents they requested? What does PSA advisory mean?

mrstrunks

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
What were the additional documents they requested? What does PSA advisory mean?
The additional documents requested pertains to the country specific requirements for Philippines which I have overlooked. I should have included together with the marriage certificate, an advisory of marriage letter issued from the National Statistics indicating that my marriage was actually registered. Below is how they worded it in the request letter for additional docs.
  • Supporting identity documents: Our records indicate that you have submitted a marriage certificate. However, in order to establish marital status, the principal applicant must submit either a Certificate of no record of marriage (CENOMAR) to establish that there is no record of marriage, or a Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Advisory on Marriages providing details about any marriages registered in the Philippines. If there are any discrepancies between the civil documents issued to the principal applicant and any family members, submit a sworn affidavit explaining the discrepancies.

Reactions: Shaanggg

josief

Aug 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
Hi everyone! Could be a really silly question, but bear with me :)

I want to use the webform to confirm IRCC has entered our address correctly (we live in the UAE, and address formats are difficult to enter into forms, and it looks like for our mailing address that they have left out our PO Box, which is important in case they actually do mail use something physically). Anyway, when I go to use the webform, it asks me "Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?" Well, I can't answer that because - please refer to our timeline:

Application Received: August 12, 2019
AOR: October 16, 2019
Sponsor Approval: October 23, 2019
Biometrics Requested and Provided/Uploaded: October 23, 2019
Medical Passed: October 31, 2019

We have received no update since then, and ECAS and the GCKey account both have no further information. No ghost update, no AOR2, no email, nothing. So I don't know which Visa Office is working on our application now.

Anyway, does anybody know how I can use the webform to find out where our application is? Or to update the address (well to be clear, it's not an address update, it's an address clarification/reminder since it looks like whoever input our data didn't put the full address in the mailing address, see above).

By the way, I can't call them because the IRCC number doesn't work from overseas, and despite my best efforts with VPN and VOIP services I cannot call them because we live in the UAE. It's annoying!

Thanks to anyone who can help and managed to read my whole post!

*Edited to include Sponsor Approval date*

Reactions: HRU

tacobowl123

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019

I want to use the webform to confirm IRCC has entered our address correctly (we live in the UAE, and address formats are difficult to enter into forms, and it looks like for our mailing address that they have left out our PO Box, which is important in case they actually do mail use something physically). Anyway, when I go to use the webform, it asks me "Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?" Well, I can't answer that because - please refer to our timeline:

We have received no update since then, and ECAS and the GCKey account both have no further information. No ghost update, no AOR2, no email, nothing. So I don't know which Visa Office is working on our application now.

Anyway, does anybody know how I can use the webform to find out where our application is? Or to update the address (well to be clear, it's not an address update, it's an address clarification/reminder since it looks like whoever input our data didn't put the full address in the mailing address, see above).

By the way, I can't call them because the IRCC number doesn't work from overseas, and despite my best efforts with VPN and VOIP services I cannot call them because we live in the UAE. It's annoying!

In Dubai, you are able to use Skype on WIFI. Purchase some calling credits and try calling them this way. I believe Hangout's doesn't work or any Google calling services don't work.

josief

Aug 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
In Dubai, you are able to use Skype on WIFI. Purchase some calling credits and try calling them this way. I believe Hangout's doesn't work or any Google calling services don't work.
Thanks very much for the reply, but no, Skype is blocked in the UAE.

I’m still looking for advice regarding the web form, thanks everyone.

mrstrunks

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019

Choose the "application being processed in Canada" since you haven't received any emails about the transfer. If anything, they will reply to your email within 10 days.

Reactions: HRU