+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

mrstrunks

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
Application recieved August 07. Called CIC yesterday. The agent found our application on their system and she gave me a file number. She also said that they're just verifying the documents and once it's done they will send the AOR.

I think the CIC is trying something different to process application faster. So they're verifying all the documents now and when it's move to the PA visa office they will just ask for the PPR:):D

To those who haven't got their AOR call CIC.
Are you able to use the number they gave you to track online? ... I might call them again to ask for the number..

tartan23

Apr 23, 2019
They've always verified if the file was complete before sending AOR, if it's not they just send it back to the sponsor without acknowledging the receipt of the file.
It's true they will send it back if its incomplete (like signature, supporting documents etc.). But the agent used the word "verify", means they're checking if all documents are all true. This is what the agent exactly told me " Your application is complete, we are just verifying all the documents.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
No, I don't mind. That's a good suggestion. Only problem is, when I tried to ask about case specific inquiry before, a UCI or case number was required (especially if we've already submitted the application) which is something we don't have if we haven't received our AOR1. I have no previous experience of dealing with them either.

Let me know if you can locate the form that does not require this or a way to get around it and I will try after some time if I don't hear anything back.

I also thought I'd communicate with them instead of hanging in limbo not knowing what's going on. Doesn't hurt, right?
You can ask them about your application process by using your payment receipt number, the delivery package number, name etc. I didn't use UCI or case number because I didn't have those information before I got AOR.

BharatFL

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Thanks for the response !! Whats is average application time for Quebec application ?
I did not find a tracker for Quebec outland applicants and but found couple canadavisa forums but not many active comments on it.

QUEBEC 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/quebec-2019-outland-spousal-sponsorship.642882/#post-8140711

QUEBEC 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/quebec-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship.551689/page-15#post-8140712

From what I have noticed, all applications are treated the same way. Quebec files are separated only after the application gets AOR1, bio-metrics request and in some cases even Medical request. After that is when IRCC requests us to file for CSQ with MIDI. And once CSQ is approved IRCC moves to process the file further with going through stages like SA, BC, AOR2 etc. (I may have mixed the stages a little bit).

It looks like the average time for MIDI to start looking into CSQ application is 80 days, Currently they are processing applications received in July 2019.

So we should expect an AOR soon once they start processing files for the July 26 - Aug 13 batch. Hoping that happens soon. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: SpoualPRIND

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
It's true they will send it back if its incomplete (like signature, supporting documents etc.). But the agent used the word "verify", means they're checking if all documents are all true. This is what the agent exactly told me " Your application is complete, we are just verifying all the documents.
I think you might be reading a little too much into that. Once they've received your application and checked it's complete, they will begin reviewing documents to approve the sponsor. That is likely what they mean by verifying the documents. Additionally, many people on this forum have found the agents on the phone to be somewhat unreliable. It's best to keep in mind that those people don't actually work on the applications, they're not visa officers and they can't really give you much insight into the process. But it's a good sign that they were able to find your application on their system, you're on your way!

mdas

Aug 31, 2019
I rcvd by AOR1 on 19 Sept but after that I got nothing else. No biometric request, no medical request and no sponsorship approval. This doesn't appear to be normal. Anyone else like me?

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Hi guys I need some help regarding IMM5532 Question # 11 "Is there more information you wish to share to support your relationship?". here not sure what to mention, could this be left blank. Please help.

chevykim

Jul 29, 2019
PLEASE REPLY!

I got an email from CIC saying:
This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear ——,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2019/08/29 on behalf of the following member(s):

————-

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? IS THIS THE AOR1? Does this mean my application will not be returned?
Yeah congrats! You just got the AOR.

chevykim

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys I need some help regarding IMM5532 Question # 11 "Is there more information you wish to share to support your relationship?". here not sure what to mention, could this be left blank. Please help.
Hi,
People tend to attach a letter to tell IRCC about the development of their relationships from the beginning to marriage, etc. We did the same thing. It will help a in proving the genuineness of your relationship. Hope it helps. ^^