+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Vouthang26

Oct 9, 2019
Congrats!!! Can you please share your timeline and VO that is handling your app?
It’s only changed on ecas. I don’t see any change on gckey except a message saying to contact them if I don’t see any update.

VO Singapore

App received: 29 August 2019
Biometric done : 9 October 2019
Medical pass : 22 February 2020
CSQ received : 29 May 2020
PPR is still waiting

Reactions: jerry22880

grrrwill

Nov 24, 2019
MP was very helpful but honest. But she did say she can get an update for my application from IRCC however we declined as we are currently with an immigration firm who said they won’t be able to represent us if we go that route.
Can you clarify why getting an update on your application from your MP would prevent your immigration firm from representing you? It's just that I've gotten my MP to check on the status of our application, and I now wonder if I shouldn't have...

jb7

Aug 25, 2020
Can you clarify why getting an update on your application from your MP would prevent your immigration firm from representing you? It's just that I've gotten my MP to check on the status of our application, and I now wonder if I shouldn't have...
Tbh I’m not sure why but that’s what the consultant told us without actually providing a reason. I guess since we’ve hired them for a service, they might not want any third party intervening with their client‘s application. After asking my MP to do a follow up on our application, I sent her an email a few days later stating what my consultant had told us but haven’t heard back from her yet. Most people on the spousal sponsorship fb page I follow haven’t hired a consultant and they seem to be successful in their sponsorship process. I’m not even sure if my MP has proceeded with my inquiry or not. You should ask your immigration firm as it might not be an issue for them.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah I have, that is how I get in each time. Just linking application issues non stop.
So I finally got a reply back for not being able to link my application. They tell me the info I have does not match the info they for for my UCI and Application number. Even though it's the info they sent me in email to confirm my application process has started. Yet they don't bother to tell me what they have so I can see what the issue is. Just tell me not correct and it's not like I can reply to the do not reply email address. So frustrating. Is there a number I can call to speak to someone right away instead of playing the email game?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So I finally got a reply back for not being able to link my application. They tell me the info I have does not match the info they for for my UCI and Application number. Even though it's the info they sent me in email to confirm my application process has started. Yet they don't bother to tell me what they have so I can see what the issue is. Just tell me not correct and it's not like I can reply to the do not reply email address. So frustrating. Is there a number I can call to speak to someone right away instead of playing the email game?
You can try linking through gckey account. For some (including me) gckey account worked fine whereas was never able to get into ECAS.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
You can try linking through gckey account. For some (including me) gckey account worked fine whereas was never able to get into ECAS.

That is how I always try to link it. I login through my GCKEY account and then try to link it. Never thought of ECAS but tried it also and same issue but when I put my info "Sponsor" in ECAS it works just applicants info does not seem to work for anything. It's like they have either entered in the wrong info for her or UCI and application number are wrong and they won't confirm what they have and just tell me mine are wrong.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
That is how I always try to link it. I login through my GCKEY account and then try to link it. Never thought of ECAS but tried it also and same issue but when I put my info "Sponsor" in ECAS it works just applicants info does not seem to work for anything. It's like they have either entered in the wrong info for her or UCI and application number are wrong and they won't confirm what they have and just tell me mine are wrong.
Finally able to link it.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Hi
Just got my passport submission letter. Does anyone know how long we have for the initial entry?
Thanks
You’re talking about your PPR and how long you have to submit it? It’s 30 days, if that’s what you mean. Same as biometrics and medical.

Shafiqua

May 11, 2019
Hi my name Smy husband applied for pr sponsorship on August 20, 2019 and till now no AOR nothing ,
Please guide me what should I do. And let me know after how long do we receive AOR after application
I reached Canada on visit visa And claim for Refugee I was there as a refugee for 5 months and then I got married and my husband sponsored me but due to my lawyer stupidity I withdrew my refugee status , as such I was deported to India.
But my husband applied for my PR on 20 August 2019 and till date I haven’t received any AOR nor any reply from the immigration regarding my case . It is more then one year . What should I do ? My lawyer says that there can be three possibilities, 1) either my application is lost .2) As it is a deportation case the processing has not yet started. 3) they must have returned my application Due incomplete., but nothing has been received so far.
Can anyone advice what further step I should take because I find my lawyer very slow.
I will be obliged if anyone reply me urgently as my husband and my self both are eagerly.

This waiting since more then a year is very stressful

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I suggest it has been lost. You will have to file it again. You can do it yourself, you don't need a lawyer or consultant to do it for you unless you can't understand the instructions.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Hi my name Smy husband applied for pr sponsorship on August 20, 2019 and till now no AOR nothing ,
Please guide me what should I do. And let me know after how long do we receive AOR after application
I reached Canada on visit visa And claim for Refugee I was there as a refugee for 5 months and then I got married and my husband sponsored me but due to my lawyer stupidity I withdrew my refugee status , as such I was deported to India.
But my husband applied for my PR on 20 August 2019 and till date I haven’t received any AOR nor any reply from the immigration regarding my case . It is more then one year . What should I do ? My lawyer says that there can be three possibilities, 1) either my application is lost .2) As it is a deportation case the processing has not yet started. 3) they must have returned my application Due incomplete., but nothing has been received so far.
Can anyone advice what further step I should take because I find my lawyer very slow.
I will be obliged if anyone reply me urgently as my husband and my self both are eagerly.

This waiting since more then a year is very stressful
It was likely lost either before it got there or if they did receive it and it was sent back as incomplete, it got lost in the mail upon being returned to you.

At this point the best thing you can do is start from scratch and send a new application. You and your husband can either do it yourself or if you feel you need a lawyer to help you, I would suggest possibly finding a new reputable lawyer to help you start from the beginning, particularly if they’ve dealt with more complicated cases in the past.