+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Congrats!!! Did you link your application?? What was the reason of this delay??
lol that's another pain point. Won't link no matter what info I put in saying application not found. Had to email to see what is going on. To your second question I wish I knew why the 1 year delay. I even went to my local MP and kept getting we have your application when we have anything we will update you. I mean a year to just tell me you have my application. That is crazy.

tzcad

Nov 25, 2019
Canada
Hi all! My husband from Tanzania received a pre-arrival letter Friday - a day before our one year mark. Biometrics and medical are completed - we never received an AOR2 and no updates since medical was completed at the beginning of February. Is this any indication that the application is moving forward? Last I heard from the Embassy was two weeks ago with the same email response I received when I sent an inquiry back in April/May: Covid has halted PR processing and cases won't be processed until things stabilize and currently there is no timeline for that. Hope this is a good sign for East African applicants that processing is resuming, but don't want to get my hopes up.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all! My husband from Tanzania received a pre-arrival letter Friday - a day before our one year mark. Biometrics and medical are completed - we never received an AOR2 and no updates since medical was completed at the beginning of February. Is this any indication that the application is moving forward? Last I heard from the Embassy was two weeks ago with the same email response I received when I sent an inquiry back in April/May: Covid has halted PR processing and cases won't be processed until things stabilize and currently there is no timeline for that. Hope this is a good sign for East African applicants that processing is resuming, but don't want to get my hopes up.
Of course it's a good sign. My understanding is it means basic eligibility passed, and only less probable issues like security remaining. Unfortunately that doesn't tell you when the next step will be. But still a step forward.

Reactions: tzcad

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
lol that's another pain point. Won't link no matter what info I put in saying application not found. Had to email to see what is going on. To your second question I wish I knew why the 1 year delay. I even went to my local MP and kept getting we have your application when we have anything we will update you. I mean a year to just tell me you have my application. That is crazy.
We would all be happy to help you Out if you tell us the steps you are following in.Order to assist you in Possibly linking you application.

jb7

Aug 25, 2020
Hi unlucky folks ,
Filed spousal PR on August 2,2019 . No update till now .. the last I had is medicals passed recently.

I heard that we can reach out to MP office if our processing times are more than a year .. Please help if you anyone has any template that I can use .. Thank you
Hello there, our application was received August 2nd and our last update was medical received in February 2020. No updates since then. I did reach out to my MP and consultant but both said my application is within processing times (12-18) months but due to Covid expect delays. MP was very helpful but honest. She said she has helped people whose processing times has surpassed 2 or even 3 years. But she did say she can get an update for my application from IRCC however we declined as we are currently with an immigration firm who said they won’t be able to represent us if we go that route.

Reactions: Teepayne

jb7

Aug 25, 2020
DM is final DEcision made which most likely is +ve
VO mississauga .. application received on August 2, 2019 .. it’s more than a year now .. Please tag me if you hear any update from Mississauga VO
Hello, our application was also received August 2nd in Sydney, NS. Haven’t heard anything after biometrics and medical. My consultant said my application is still with Sydney. Covid cases in Sydney were low compared to rest of Canada. Not sure what they’re doing there in their offices. Can you share your timeline plz ?

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
We would all be happy to help you Out if you tell us the steps you are following in.Order to assist you in Possibly linking you application.
I tried giving it all the info requested to try and link the application even copying and pasting the same answers from the application incase I was spelling them wrong but each time said no application found. Ended up submitting a technical issue ticket on the site.

tizahu

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
I tried giving it all the info requested to try and link the application even copying and pasting the same answers from the application incase I was spelling them wrong but each time said no application found. Ended up submitting a technical issue ticket on the site.
I’ve heard before that putting your name in all caps makes it work.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion but did not work. Tried it again 5 times and locked out for another day lol.
Tip: you can try from another browser and it will let you try some more. Also incognito mode in some browsers. (Tech side: I believe it identifies a single person trying by use of cookies, so any other browser or window that's separate from your main browswer cookies will give you another crack at it).

That said, I've never been able to get in to ecas but gckey no problem. It also doesn't seem to give me the full five tries but two or three. YMMV.

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
Yes try incognito and try also from a different browser. Pfff this is stressful. One time even though i was able to enter my gckey for some reason it didnt recognise me so i tried from a different browser and went from my phone to my tablet and it let me enter. If you tried through ecas put 1 as a choice.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Tried it all, I think I just don't have luck with this application process so far. My friend started his a few months before I did and his was completed in 4 months from beginning to the end.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Tried it all, I think I just don't have luck with this application process so far. My friend started his a few months before I did and his was completed in 4 months from beginning to the end.
Have you been able to get in to gckey? I had more luck with that. I still can't get into ecas but decided to not bother as I think the information pretty similar.

If you do not have any info (haven't followed your case so not clear) and can't get into ecas or gckey, by all means call them and find out where the file is at.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Have you been able to get in to gckey? I had more luck with that. I still can't get into ecas but decided to not bother as I think the information pretty similar.

If you do not have any info (haven't followed your case so not clear) and can't get into ecas or gckey, by all means call them and find out where the file is at.

Yeah I have, that is how I get in each time. Just linking application issues non stop.