+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to know thanks. What I am curious about is if my partner needs to get a NEW SIN number because they currently have one from being on a working holiday visa. Presumably you just took this to a Services Canada office or something like that?
You will need a new SIN number.
The Temp Visa holders all get a SIN number starting with a 9 as first number,
You will get a new one starting from 1 to 7 depending on the province you are in

Rachelp1129

Feb 19, 2020
Have you guys seen below noitce on CIC website?
:(I'm so sad about it. My landing interview was scheduled on Mar 26 now who's knows when is that gonna happen...

COVID-19: safety measures Lastest update: March 15, 2020

To keep everyone safe, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is cancelling all:

Reactions: Oliyaamri

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
:(I'm so sad about it. My landing interview was scheduled on Mar 26 now who's knows when is that gonna happen...

To keep everyone safe, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is cancelling all:
Yikes. I figured it was coming. Can’t believe we managed to get in under the wire. Sorry to anyone this impacts, that sucks. For us, I’m hoping mail delivery is still in effect so we can get the card in the coming weeks and be completely done with everything.

sarahurc

Mar 10, 2020

AHA! Except digging deeper it says if you had a landing appointment booked already, it will be held by telephone. It says you will receive an email confirming the details soon. Phew- ours is booked for March 28th.

Rachelp1129

Feb 19, 2020
Thanks for the link! I saw that but still I'm worried because I can almost guarantee there will be delay. This whole process would like be longer than anyone expected. :(

sarahurc

Mar 10, 2020
Thanks for the link! I saw that but still I'm worried because I can almost guarantee there will be delay. This whole process would like be longer than anyone expected. :(
Oh totally- I can't wait until it's all over and we can celebrate fully! I'm trying to remind myself that at the outset we were prepared for it to take 12 months... sometimes that works... or not! ;) Sending luck and good thoughts to you!

Boilon

Aug 15, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
It seems like me and my partner will be waiting longer until this shit gets sorted. I believe that we were probably days away from getting AIP and DM and thus a landing interview of some sort within weeks but I guess this likely no longer will be the case and everyone else will be pushed back at this time. Luckily we are together in Canada and I doubt they will be doing anything drastic at this point, but kinda frustrating how close to getting through we were. Hope everyone else is staying healthy admid Covid though.

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
It seems like me and my partner will be waiting longer until this shit gets sorted. I believe that we were probably days away from getting AIP and DM and thus a landing interview of some sort within weeks but I guess this likely no longer will be the case and everyone else will be pushed back at this time. Luckily we are together in Canada and I doubt they will be doing anything drastic at this point, but kinda frustrating how close to getting through we were. Hope everyone else is staying healthy admid Covid though.
Same here. I can't believe we're so close to the end, and will probably be delayed for months. Just makes me want to scream and cry in frustration. :(

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Any updates, anyone? Just trying to see if files are still being processed or if it's come to a halt because of the current situation...

futurechecka

Nov 19, 2019
I was wondering the same thing. I understand face to face interviews are on hold, but I really hope they are still working on files. Fingers crossed ;-)

Reactions: sharmgop

futurechecka

Nov 19, 2019
My fingers are crossed pretty much 24/7 these days! haha
Which step of the process are you at?
Ahah same, even tho I don't have much hope anymore. I have a bad feeling its going to take months but that is only my personal feeling.
It is very very frustrating but I won't complain considering the situation the whole world is right now :( there are definitely worse things than not getting my PR yet and I understand.
Medical exam approved on dec24th, and background checks started in the first week of January.
I havent gotten any SA or DM yet, but before all of this, I was hoping to get some good news by the end of march.
What about you?