+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
I was wondering the same thing. I understand face to face interviews are on hold, but I really hope they are still working on files. Fingers crossed ;-)
I think if they have entirely stopped the processing, they must have put up something clear to make people understand that they’ve stopped processing. I read someone here said they called and they were told that offices are closed due to the pandemic.

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Ahah same, even tho I don't have much hope anymore. I have a bad feeling its going to take months but that is only my personal feeling.
It is very very frustrating but I won't complain considering the situation the whole world is right now :( there are definitely worse things than not getting my PR yet and I understand.
Medical exam approved on dec24th, and background checks started in the first week of January.
I havent gotten any SA or DM yet, but before all of this, I was hoping to get some good news by the end of march.
What about you?
Agreed. I know there's much worse going on in the world right now. I just hope our files aren't postponed until the end of the pandemic.

My boyfriend got his medical request on Dec 8th, went for the tests on Dec 18th, and the physician left for the holidays, didn't send them until January 3rd. His ECAS/GCKey still show the message ''We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below for details.'' and never updated. We called the call center twice, because it freaked us out. The first agent told us they had received the medical results and that we shouldn't worry about it. The second one, a month later, also confirmed they had received them, and said the reason our account hadn't updated was because the doctor only submitted them through eMedical and didn't fill out the IRCC form we were sent, which prevents them from being linked to our online account (despite being in our file).

Low-key freaking out, not going to lie. I just want to see movement. Even a ghost update.

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I think if they have entirely stopped the processing, they must have put up something clear to make people understand that they’ve stopped processing. I read someone here said they called and they were told that offices are closed due to the pandemic.
As I posted in the September 2019 thread, I think the officers are still working on applications (maybe from home?) despite the call center being completely closed.

Intake of new permanent residence applications will continue. Files that are incomplete due to unavailable documents will be retained in the system and reviewed in 90 days.

New, complete permanent residence applications under section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) will be processed as per normal procedures.
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

These COVID-19 program delivery instructions are for temporary residence, permanent residence and citizenship applications.

Applications will not be refused for non-compliance, and all applications currently in progress at IRCC offices abroad, at case processing centres and within the Domestic Network will continue to be processed but may experience delays.
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures.html

xavilor

Mar 19, 2019
I am in the case where I have been approved right before this crisis and was waiting to be contacted by the local office to schedule the landing interview. I undertand that face to face interview are over until mid April at least and that those who already had an interview scheduled will be made through phone.
So I am right in between those cases. Has anyone received an appointent with the interview done by phone since they stopped face to face interview?

lovemeow

Sep 1, 2017
I am in the case where I have been approved right before this crisis and was waiting to be contacted by the local office to schedule the landing interview. I undertand that face to face interview are over until mid April at least and that those who already had an interview scheduled will be made through phone.
So I am right in between those cases. Has anyone received an appointent with the interview done by phone since they stopped face to face interview?
same case here. I think they would start to schedule interviews when they return mid April.

TOAidy

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Toronto, ON
Any updates, anyone? Just trying to see if files are still being processed or if it's come to a halt because of the current situation...
I received SA status update on ECAS on March 19, right in the middle of when the whole social distancing has taken place. However, I still haven’t received the SA letter. My lawyer did say IRCC is working with skeleton staff for at least till mid-April. Normal processing time no longer applies.

Look on the bright side, when processing pace picks up again, we August apps are the first in line!

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are in the exact same boat as you.
No word or even ghost updates on file.

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Our landing interview was scheduled for Saturday 21st March. We received an email a couple of days before saying it was going to be rescheduled but nothing since then. I would imagine we’ll hear in due course. If they’re doing phone interviews it probably means the Officers will be working from home so they’ll need to get all the tools in place to do that before anything can be arranged.

JRob32

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Hi everyone, my husband and I are August 21st applicants and are growing more and more concerned about our application as we seem to have been skipped in SA/AIP/DM.

While we are August 21 applicants I thought it might be important to highlight that he has two minor dependants and that we were granted a one month extension on completing medicals as he had to travel to Texas to take them to the appointment. This technically pushed this piece of the application back a month. Someone in a chat told me that this could be the reason for the delay, as it would push the background check beginning back a month and therefore were now on a different timeline, but someone in another chat told me that delayed completion of medicals wouldn’t slow down this process.

My husband has a few small blemishes on his record, which is why I’m so concerned. We sought the advice of the best immigration lawyer in our city and she felt it likely wouldn’t be an issue and submitted a legal opinion letter on our behalf.

Does anyone know if the IRCC alerts everyone approved first and then goes back to others with PFLs / denials after? Or would it happen in sequence of submission if that was the case? I’m trying to remain patient and positive but am losing sleep on this and can’t seem to gather any information giving me any idea of what *could* be going on.

Thank you to anyone who might have any insight, ideas or advice.

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hi everyone, my husband and I are August 21st applicants and are growing more and more concerned about our application as we seem to have been skipped in SA/AIP/DM.

While we are August 21 applicants I thought it might be important to highlight that he has two minor dependants and that we were granted a one month extension on completing medicals as he had to travel to Texas to take them to the appointment. This technically pushed this piece of the application back a month. Someone in a chat told me that this could be the reason for the delay, as it would push the background check beginning back a month and therefore were now on a different timeline, but someone in another chat told me that delayed completion of medicals wouldn’t slow down this process.

My husband has a few small blemishes on his record, which is why I’m so concerned. We sought the advice of the best immigration lawyer in our city and she felt it likely wouldn’t be an issue and submitted a legal opinion letter on our behalf.

Does anyone know if the IRCC alerts everyone approved first and then goes back to others with PFLs / denials after? Or would it happen in sequence of submission if that was the case? I’m trying to remain patient and positive but am losing sleep on this and can’t seem to gather any information giving me any idea of what *could* be going on.

Thank you to anyone who might have any insight, ideas or advice.
I don’t think you should worry just yet. We’re August 2nd and still haven’t received anything after the medicals. Waiting for SA/AIP/DM/etc. Which office are you with? Ours is Mississauga.

JRob32

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Thank you! I have not called the office but had a feeling something might be up due to all the craziness happening right now.

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
It’s sure sounding that way. That office seemed slow to begin with. Perhaps short staffed on top of it due to the pandemic?
That’s what I’m guessing. Also, if it helps, my boyfriend has a sparkling clean record, so I would assume if we’ve both been delayed, it has nothing to do with the background checks. Sounds like they’re just overloaded, or waiting after CSIS. My dad used to work for the RCMP and told me that CSIS is notoriously slow as hell when it comes to processing background checks. It would take them up to three months for every new hire they submitted.

Reactions: may2019