****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Boilon

Aug 15, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Aug1 applicant. Just went to Ottawa and got COPR. Hassle free end to a stressful journey!

4 to 6 weeks for PR Card apparently.

*Needs sleep before explaining more*

Woo!
Hey there, you mentioned 4-6 weeks for PR Card... do you know if you can work after the interview? Or do you have to have wait for PR Card before you can even apply/work, or is PR card simply for traveling outside of Canada / coming back in. Or I guess the better question is do you need the card to do everything else.

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
We had our landing interview today in the Edmonton office. It went well, they actually close the office for lunch time so there was a bit of a line up to get in after but once the two representatives started seeing people it went quickly. Just bring physical copies of everything they ask for in the invitation and you shouldn’t have any problems. They only asked my husband a few standard questions regarding criminal activity, orders to leave Canada, etc. We were done in less than five minutes.

I do have a question for people who have completed their landing interviews - we logged into CIC afterwards and it said the application was 100% complete, and under document status, it says the Confirmation of PR has an expiry date of December 21, 2020. I’m guessing this is just for the confirmation bit of it, and the actual PR card will be valid for five years, but can anyone confirm theirs says something similar/different?

so glad to be done

smellingland

Dec 12, 2019
I do have a question for people who have completed their landing interviews - we logged into CIC afterwards and it said the application was 100% complete, and under document status, it says the Confirmation of PR has an expiry date of December 21, 2020. I’m guessing this is just for the confirmation bit of it, and the actual PR card will be valid for five years, but can anyone confirm theirs says something similar/different?
Mine says the same. The actual COPR letter is valid until the end of the year, but the PR Card will be valid for five years. Really looking forward to receiving the card in the mail. Not sure why :D

Boilon

Aug 15, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
For other people who have done their landing interview, are the documents that you get from that enough to start working or do you need to wait for the PR card which presumably comes after? Just curious how much longer we might have to wait before my partner is able to start looking for work. Still waiting on AIP/DM but suspect its not too long after that for the landing interview invitation.

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
For other people who have done their landing interview, are the documents that you get from that enough to start working or do you need to wait for the PR card which presumably comes after? Just curious how much longer we might have to wait before my partner is able to start looking for work. Still waiting on AIP/DM but suspect its not too long after that for the landing interview invitation.
Once you have an OWP you can get a temporary SIN number (they start with a 9) and you should be able to start working right away (provided you find a job of course lol)

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to wait to receive PR card to start working.
You will get a yellow paper saying that you are a landed Immigrant now.
With this paper you can get your new SIN Number.

Boilon

Aug 15, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Once you have an OWP you can get a temporary SIN number (they start with a 9) and you should be able to start working right away (provided you find a job of course lol)
We never did the OWP upon submission of the PR actually, because my partner was on a working holiday visa throughout, it just recently expired but wasn't working so now unable to work.

Boilon

Aug 15, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
You don't have to wait to receive PR card to start working.
You will get a yellow paper saying that you are a landed Immigrant now.
With this paper you can get your new SIN Number.
Good to know thanks. What I am curious about is if my partner needs to get a NEW SIN number because they currently have one from being on a working holiday visa. Presumably you just took this to a Services Canada office or something like that?

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Good to know thanks. What I am curious about is if my partner needs to get a NEW SIN number because they currently have one from being on a working holiday visa. Presumably you just took this to a Services Canada office or something like that?
Yeah, our landing interview was in an office right across from a Service Canada so we just went there afterwards to update my husband’s SIN. He’ll have to give his new SIN to his work and bank too once we’re home. I feel lucky that we were able to get the interview done this week what with so many places closing down due to the coronavirus hysteria. Hopefully this doesn’t impact anyone.

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Has anyone from the Ottawa office got your interview appointment coming up this week? Ours is on the 21st and we're wondering with Ottawa closing schools, libraries and various other public places whether the immigration office will be next on the list! I'm assuming it will just be postponed. I can't see them conducting landing interviews over the phone or anything like that.

CharelesQuebec

Mar 14, 2020
We had our landing interview today in the Edmonton office. It went well, they actually close the office for lunch time so there was a bit of a line up to get in after but once the two representatives started seeing people it went quickly. Just bring physical copies of everything they ask for in the invitation and you shouldn’t have any problems. They only asked my husband a few standard questions regarding criminal activity, orders to leave Canada, etc. We were done in less than five minutes.

so glad to be done
This expiry date should be for the immigration visa which means you should land before this date. The PR card is always valid for 5 years after your first landing.

lovemeow

Sep 1, 2017
Hello! :) I got this letter from cic today. Is this Aip or DM? Can i use this to apply for OHIP?

App received: aug 26
Aor: oct 9
Med passed: dec 22
Bg check: around january

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in CIC_VISA_OFFICE will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

xavilor

Mar 19, 2019
Once you have been approved, how long does it take for the immigration office to confirm the interview? and how do they contact us?
Thank you

koolord

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hello! :) I got this letter from cic today. Is this Aip or DM? Can i use this to apply for OHIP?

App received: aug 26
Aor: oct 9
Med passed: dec 22
Bg check: around january

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in CIC_VISA_OFFICE will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
It is DM&AIP 2in1 letter

Reactions: lovemeow

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Once you have been approved, how long does it take for the immigration office to confirm the interview? and how do they contact us?
Thank you
It depends on how busy your office is. Our office in Edmonton contacted us within two weeks or so with a date and time. They will email the applicant, so make sure they check their email often and the junk folder too. It may take longer right now what with so many places shutting down due to the coronavirus but hopefully they work out something quickly.