+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

JRob32

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
That’s what I’m guessing. Also, if it helps, my boyfriend has a sparkling clean record, so I would assume if we’ve both been delayed, it has nothing to do with the background checks. Sounds like they’re just overloaded, or waiting after CSIS. My dad used to work for the RCMP and told me that CSIS is notoriously slow as hell when it comes to processing background checks. It would take them up to three months for every new hire they submitted.
That helps tremendously!!! My husband is a former NBA player who’s been caught with weed a few times but managed to wiggle out of all but 1 infractions. My nerves have been shot over this. Thank you for the reassurance.

Reactions: DirtyMelodies

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
That helps tremendously!!! My husband is a former NBA player who’s been caught with weed a few times but managed to wiggle out of all but 1 infractions. My nerves have been shot over this. Thank you for the reassurance.
I wouldn’t worry about it! Especially since cannabis is now legal in Canada, I highly doubt they would hold it against him. Cannabis-related offenses are being pardonned for Canadians now. It would make no sense to refuse permanent residency to someone for an offense that a Canadian could not be charged for.

sarahurc

Mar 10, 2020
Our landing interview was scheduled for this Saturday in Ottawa, but my husband got an email last week saying it would be rescheduled. No other news yet.

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Well, hubs got his PR card today. Exactly two weeks after our landing interview in Edmonton! I’m sorry so many other August applicants are stuck waiting for interviews to be rescheduled. If it helps relieve any of the stress, the landing interview is very low key and felt more like a formality than anything. Ours took about three minutes. Hoping everyone finishes their PR journey soon.

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Well, hubs got his PR card today. Exactly two weeks after our landing interview in Edmonton! I’m sorry so many other August applicants are stuck waiting for interviews to be rescheduled. If it helps relieve any of the stress, the landing interview is very low key and felt more like a formality than anything. Ours took about three minutes. Hoping everyone finishes their PR journey soon.
Three minutes?! I knew it was low-key and easy, but didn't expect it to be that quick!

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Three minutes?! I knew it was low-key and easy, but didn't expect it to be that quick!
Yeah, legitimately three minutes lol. I just handed the representative all the requested documentation (payment receipt, visitor extensions, work permit, husband's passport, my driver's license, and PR photos). She looked over everything, kept the work permit (as he no longer needs it being a PR), printed off some forms, had him sign them, and congratulated him on becoming a permanent resident. We were number 11 in line, everyone else who we saw go through was also done pretty quickly. A couple other people took a bit longer than us, but no more than 10 minutes. We did see one couple go up and not have hard copies of the requested documentation. They had to call their immigration consultant and work that out. Don't know if they were able to return and get PR.

If everyone brings what's requested of them, it should be a really smooth and stress-free process. The worst part for us was figuring out parking in downtown Edmonton!

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the case where I have been approved right before this crisis and was waiting to be contacted by the local office to schedule the landing interview. I undertand that face to face interview are over until mid April at least and that those who already had an interview scheduled will be made through phone.
So I am right in between those cases. Has anyone received an appointent with the interview done by phone since they stopped face to face interview?
Same with us :(

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Any updates for anyone in the August cohort? We're still religiously checking our e-mails and GC KEY for AIP, but nothing on our end... Medicals submitted on January 3rd, but GC KEY/ECAS still hasn't updated.

I was considering ordering GCMS Notes, just to know what's going on, but I fear it would just slow down the process further. :(

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any updates for anyone in the August cohort? We're still religiously checking our e-mails and GC KEY for AIP, but nothing on our end... Medicals submitted on January 3rd, but GC KEY/ECAS still hasn't updated.

I was considering ordering GCMS Notes, just to know what's going on, but I fear it would just slow down the process further. :(
Nothing on our end either.
We got AIP and DM and Sponsor Approved and they send us a letter at the end of
February that we should expect a letter in the mail with an invitation to the Landing Interview.
And that's were it stopped

• Sad

Boilon

Aug 15, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
I would presume that almost everything has come to a stand still. Have AIP/Sponsor Approved, waiting on DM / any future landing interview but I really don't expect anything to happen until either Covid is over, or individual provinces have recovered enough to start doing interviews again.
Kind of frustrating but not really surprising given circumstances.

• Sad

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I would presume that almost everything has come to a stand still. Have AIP/Sponsor Approved, waiting on DM / any future landing interview but I really don't expect anything to happen until either Covid is over, or individual provinces have recovered enough to start doing interviews again.
Kind of frustrating but not really surprising given circumstances.
Yeah, I'm not expecting much movement either. I'm still secretely hoping for at least the AIP, since it's via e-mail... I can't believe it's been 4 months since the medicals and we still haven't heard anything back. A bunch of people got their AIP, DM, and even got their card by now. :( The pandemic's timing is really terrible!

kegsey07

Apr 14, 2020
Hi All,
Hoping for some insight. I've received what I believe is my DM:
"
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been
completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver will contact
you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

Can someone first confirm for me that I have received my PR? Secondly does anyone have any information regarding timelines for interviews with everything that is happening? Are they still operating?

Thank You.

Reactions: sharmgop

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hi All,
"
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent

Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been
completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver will contact
you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

Can someone first confirm for me that I have received my PR? Secondly does anyone have any information regarding timelines for interviews with everything that is happening? Are they still operating?

Thank You.
What is your timeline?

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
What is your timeline?
Hi All,
"

Thank You.
They said they won’t do face to face interviews until today, they must give an extension today.

kegsey07

Apr 14, 2020
Submit my application August 7th
Request for Medixal
We just had our Interview in Vancouver yesterday. What a weird office. You have to knock on a door and hand your interview invitation to the guy who opens the door for you. After that you are asked to take a seat. Waiting time for us was around 40 minutes. When your name gets called, you go to one of three booths where the interview will take place. The interview consisted of the standard questions and the interviewing officer was super nice. It took max. 10 minutes to complete the interview and sign all papers.

Now I just have to update SIN and MSP and then we're done :)
Hi Congrats. Quick Q, do you and your spouse need to attend the interview or can the applicant attend alone. My husband is stuck away with work with what's been happening. Is this a detailed interview or just standard process?