+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Update:
Application is for family. 2 adults, 1 minor.
Hamilton office

I just received an email regarding Invitation to Virtual Ceremony. Within the email they are asking me to confirm within 5 days via a link they provided whether I would accept the invitation for virtual ceremony. I am guessing after receiving confirmation, they will provide the time and date of the ceremony.

The other adult and minor have not received any email like mine. Should we wait to get all our ‘invites’ or should I go ahead and confirm mine ahead of them?
Please don't wait for others to receive. If one invite so be it.

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Did any Ottawa applicant received any update recently? Please let is know as I haven't seen any activity from ircc Ottawa recently.

ketchpop

Jan 24, 2020
Please don't wait for others to receive. If one invite so be it.
I don’t understand the tone of your reply. I am asking as we don’t want to have mismatching schedules if ever I do confirm on this one invite. I am wondering why only one has received an invite when all 3 applications were sent together.

We were expecting the invite to come all at the same time, like how it did with the tests. We’ve been waiting for months already so we do not want to delay this. We just want to make sure before we confirm this one that all 3 are invited. I can’t just go ‘If one invite so be it’ when this invite only has one applicant’s name on it.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
I don’t understand the tone of your reply. I am asking as we don’t want to have mismatching schedules if ever I do confirm on this one invite. I am wondering why only one has received an invite when all 3 applications were sent together.

We were expecting the invite to come all at the same time, like how it did with the tests. We’ve been waiting for months already so we do not want to delay this. We just want to make sure before we confirm this one that all 3 are invited. I can’t just go ‘If one invite so be it’ when this invite only has one applicant’s name on it.
Sorry I didn't mean to sound rude.
You can confirm your schedule and request them to add the family in the same schedule as you all might have applied together.

It is normal for IRCC to send the invites separately. Please see below threads for similar case as your's
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oath-invite-for-minor-under-14th-years.551518/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oath-invitation-minor.290384/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oath-invitation-minor.290427/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oath-invitation-for-minor.617679/

Other than the above links, you may want to go through the official procedure listed in the below links:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/ceremony/oath.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/ceremony/schedule/notifications-regarding.html

All the best.

Reactions: ketchpop

Guru66

Aug 19, 2019
Hi All,

Any idea how long IRCC takes to reply to webform enquiry?

I submitted my enquiry about a week ago and still waiting on their reply. My application has exceeded the processing time limit (application was received by IRCC on Aug 13, 2019).

HarpD

Jun 13, 2019
Just got an email from CIC Vancouver for fresh finger prints once again was awaiting the oath since March 4th 2020,,, had submitted the finger prints in August 2019 as well... not sure when will I get an oath invite

vicky159

Jul 24, 2015
I took the citizenship test in the first week of March in Ottawa and the gcms notes says test has been cancelled. I will call the contact Center tomorrow. Does anyone have similar updates?

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
I took the citizenship test in the first week of March in Ottawa and the gcms notes says test has been cancelled. I will call the contact Center tomorrow. Does anyone have similar updates?
Does your ecas status shows in progress or decision made? Now are they expecting applicants to redo test.

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Shows as In progress. There was no update after the test invite other than the cancellation note.
This is very confusing, why would gcms notes show test cancelled even after you successfully passed it. Hopefully, customer care will shed some light on it, looks like an error in gcms notes.

vicky159

Jul 24, 2015
I spoke with an agent this morning. The GCMS notes doesn't have full details. I was scheduled for a test in February and they cancelled it and pushed it to March. The cancellation in the gcms notes was for the February date. They didn't put a note for the second test event. She mentioned there has been no updates on my file after that second event. Based on what i heard, it seems like a long wait before getting an oath request.

debashish1711

Sep 8, 2020
Did any Ottawa applicant received any update recently? Please let is know as I haven't seen any activity from ircc Ottawa recently.
I also haven't received any update from ircc Ottawa. I did my test on February 12. They asked for all copies of my passport page which I sent the next day. But the status continues to be "In Process". I haven't seen anyone from Ottawa having their status updated, I wonder whether the centre is even operating.

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
I also haven't received any update from ircc Ottawa. I did my test on February 12. They asked for all copies of my passport page which I sent the next day. But the status continues to be "In Process". I haven't seen anyone from Ottawa having their status updated, I wonder whether the centre is even operating.
It seems Ottawa center is not looking into citizenship applications at all. It's almost a month that anyone from Ottawa has received any update. Being capital of Canada, they should have set an example for other centers, rather they have stopped working on citizenship applications. Spousal applicants protested and got the right attention, may be they are working on those applications to achieve the target of reviewing 6000 spousal support applications per month.