+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

oath invitation (minor)

igmeder

Mar 8, 2015
Hello.
Today I received the "NOTICE TO APPEAR - TO THE OATH OF CITIZENSHIP". However my son who applied for citizenship with me as a minor (he is 18 now) has not received such invitation. I've checked at CIC's web site with my son's client ID number and they say "We sent you a notice on May 8, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 25, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us." So here's my question: Does my oath invitation letter cover my son's as well since our application has been processed together in a single file? Or shall we expect a separate invitation letter for him from CIC?
Thank you in advance.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, It should because he is minor so he is covered with you. They will have his Certificate as well. Good Luck, and Congrats in Advance..

redgdon

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
I would say no, since whilst you applied for Citizenship on your sons behalf, you have to make a separate application (unlike the PR application where the family is included on a single form).

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
igmeder said:
Hello.
Today I received the "NOTICE TO APPEAR - TO THE OATH OF CITIZENSHIP". However my son who applied for citizenship with me as a minor (he is 18 now) has not received such invitation. I've checked at CIC's web site with my son's client ID number and they say "We sent you a notice on May 8, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 25, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us." So here's my question: Does my oath invitation letter cover my son's as well since our application has been processed together in a single file? Or shall we expect a separate invitation letter for him from CIC?
Thank you in advance.
Did he take the test? He probably didn't have to since he was less than 18 when CIC received his application. In that case he will become citizen when you do. He should definitely be in the oath just in case.