+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath invite for minor under 14th years

alvarorossa1

Nov 29, 2017
Hi everyone,
I have applied for citizenship for myself and my daughter that is 3 years old.
I got to emails with oath invitation, one for me and another for my daughter.

On the attached document in the email there is:
"IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE
A person aged fourteen (14) or older who is granted Canadian citizenship must take the Oath of Citizenship to become a Canadian citizen. Children under 14 years of age are welcome but not required to attend. Parents and their children, however, may be asked to leave the ceremony room or move to another area if their children disrupt the ceremony. If you bring young children, plan to have a family member or friend available to take them out of the room for you if they get restless. Remember that you will need to stay in the room for the full length of the ceremony. If you cannot make suitable arrangements for child care, your ceremony can be rescheduled for a later date."

My understanding was that I am the only one that needs to attend. But I received email for her also, so do I just print her "notice to appear" document? Is it normal for minor under 14y to get the invitation email?

On the interview date I asked the officer if I my daughter needs to attend and he said the same, under 14 years they don;t need to but you can bring her.
I mean I have no issue to bring her, she will come with my wife together to be there and take pictures :) just not sure it there is error in sending? There is document attached with my daughter name for oath invitation, do I sign it instead of her?

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Yes, you receive Oath invite for minors, 14 yeras below dont need to attend. Same here I received Oath invite for my minors too along with adults.

alvarorossa1

Nov 29, 2017
Yes, you receive Oath invite for minors, 14 yeras below dont need to attend. Same here I received Oath invite for my minors too along with adults.
Thanks for the reply asifmegmoood
Did you bring your kids in the ceremony i.e did they take the oath? Or they were just sitting in the general are for public.
So basically you can ignore the oath invitation for the kids. I can go alone and put my daughter name on the "PERMISSION RELEASE AND CONSENT" form and just go myself?
Will they say her name on the oath ceremony? I heard somewhere that they will pronounce her name? He will be in the general area of the ceremony with her mom but as she is 3y I don;t want to be removed due to her being noisy