+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath invitation for minor

Salel

Mar 19, 2019
Hello,

I just received a notice to appear to take the oath. My application was submitted along with applications for my two children, both minor however one became 14 during the application process. There was no invite received for any of them. I'm just wondering if there should be separate emails with invitation for all applicants? Should I take at least 14 y.o for the ceremony even if he haven't received any invitation?

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
7 FEB 2012 RCVD BY OTAWWA ON 24 FEB
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
16 APRIL 2012 SENT ON 23 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
visa for family issued on 25 april and for me on 10 may
LANDED..........
Hello,

I just received a notice to appear to take the oath. My application was submitted along with applications for my two children, both minor however one became 14 during the application process. There was no invite received for any of them. I'm just wondering if there should be separate emails with invitation for all applicants? Should I take at least 14 y.o for the ceremony even if he haven't received any invitation?

Congratulations to you and your family. Each member of the family who has applied for citizenship should receive oath invite including minors. Ceremony is held in a very organized manner and each applicant is given seat number , which is indicated on the invite

Salel

Mar 19, 2019
Thanks for quick response. That's why I am concerned, I just received one email with invitation with my name on it. So I guess we should receive invites for children for another time.
Even my status shows as DM and on both children's, status remains in process.