+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

oath invitation (minor)

igmeder

Mar 8, 2015
Hello.
Today I received the "NOTICE TO APPEAR - TO THE OATH OF CITIZENSHIP". However my son who applied for citizenship with me as a minor (he is 18 now) has not received such invitation. I've checked at CIC's web site with my son's client ID number and they say "We sent you a notice on May 8, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 25, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us." So here's my question: Does my oath invitation letter cover my son's as well since our application has been processed together in a single file? Or shall we expect a separate invitation letter for him from CIC?
Thank you in advance.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
igmeder said:
Hello.
Today I received the "NOTICE TO APPEAR - TO THE OATH OF CITIZENSHIP". However my son who applied for citizenship with me as a minor (he is 18 now) has not received such invitation. I've checked at CIC's web site with my son's client ID number and they say "We sent you a notice on May 8, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 25, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us." So here's my question: Does my oath invitation letter cover my son's as well since our application has been processed together in a single file? Or shall we expect a separate invitation letter for him from CIC?
Thank you in advance.
Congratulations.

Does the form state your son's name? If not, please contact CIC for details. You may get your son's letter in couple of days(sometimes there is a delay in the mail)
By the way, how many people applied for citizenship?

Karem

Star Member
May 4, 2015
this invitation for you and your son as well, as you applied together or actually you get the citizenship and he gets it with you :)

igmeder

Mar 8, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Congratulations.

Does the form state your son's name? If not, please contact CIC for details. You may get your son's letter in couple of days(sometimes there is a delay in the mail)
By the way, how many people applied for citizenship?
Thank you. It's only me and my son who applied for citizenship. And the form does not state my son's name. I think the best way is to contact CIC. However, I really wonder what happens if my son comes to oath with without his invitation letter but with all the other necessary documents. His name is on list for sure since CIC website says so.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
igmeder said:
Thank you. It's only me and my son who applied for citizenship. And the form does not state my son's name. I think the best way is to contact CIC. However, I really wonder what happens if my son comes to oath with without his invitation letter but with all the other necessary documents. His name is on list for sure since CIC website says so.
Please contact CIC call centre and they can provide you with the details. Please confirm with them if they have sent just one letter for both of you or they would be sending a separate letter for your son.
I think that the letter for your son might be on the way.
Does your ecas and your son's ecas mention the same date/time for oath?

Also, what is the age of your son?

alainski

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
Nomination.....
08-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-04-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 - Detroit
Med's Request
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
18-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
26-11-2011 - Emerson, MB
Karem said:
this invitation for you and your son as well, as you applied together or actually you get the citizenship and he gets it with you :)
I don't think this info is correct. We are on the same boat. I applied with my son and received our notice for oath on the same mail but we have separate notices. Which CIC office was your application processed?

ThomasGeorge

Sep 26, 2014
alainski said:
I don't think this info is correct. We are on the same boat. I applied with my son and received our notice for oath on the same mail but we have separate notices. Which CIC office was your application processed?
You received notice for your minor son for oath ? seriously minors also have to attend the oath ceremony ?

alainski

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
Nomination.....
08-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-04-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 - Detroit
Med's Request
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
18-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
26-11-2011 - Emerson, MB
ThomasGeorge said:
You received notice for your minor son for oath ? seriously minors also have to attend the oath ceremony ?
Yes, 14 yo and older are obligated to attend the oath ceremony.