+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

are there jobs available in Canada....!!!!

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
The amount of ITA's neen issued leaves me with a question mark if there are jobs available for every one..... chip in ur views guys... need experts advise and suggestions!!!!

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
What type of job u are l ;) ;)ooking at even prime minister job is also out at present that will be filled this month

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Good question. the problem is EE is NOC based. So, there could be an influx of IT people coming in Canada. But, as every one knows Canada is not an IT destination. Hence, I don't know whether they would get job in their field or not.

InlandJais

Sep 20, 2015
There are many start jobs available,

Gas station
Restaurants
Tim Hortons
Labour jobs

Even they have increased the minimum wage...... :)

Reality of Canada for people coming from other countries

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
Lots of survivor jobs like greenhouse, housekeeping , flower picking , cleaning jobs . Don't expect to be a CEO of a company after getting pr . U have good career in canada If u are An electrician.,instrument tech or a trades .

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
How easy/diificult is it to survive in Canada with such jobs?
How important is choosing a province for landing?

chiron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
Baljas said:
Lots of survivor jobs like greenhouse, housekeeping , flower picking , cleaning jobs . Don't expect to be a CEO of a company after getting pr . U have good career in canada If u are An electrician.,instrument tech or a trades .
So it's either survivor jobs or CEO then? I'd be fine taking a huge hit in seniority/responsibilities - working as a construction project manager and so I wouldn't having to be an entry level site supervisor or draftsman or jr. quantity surveyor etc to start off. As long as I can manage to get a job in my field I'll be willing to accept it. But if I have to resort to something outside of my field then I will be disappointed.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
No jobs available?

InlandJais

Sep 20, 2015
If you have high paying jobs in your own country think twice.

Even if you have 10 years experience u will be in the same level as recent graduate and u have to start your career as a start level

That's d reality in Canada. U have to network a lot and even if u have 10 years experience they will still ask for Canadian experience.

all of the above is for white collar jobs in Canada.

skilled trades have high demand in Canada.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
InlandJais said:
There are many start jobs available,

Gas station
Restaurants
Tim Hortons
Labour jobs

Even they have increased the minimum wage...... :)

Reality of Canada for people coming from other countries
Seriously is it that bad for white collar jobs?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
Seriously is it that bad for white collar jobs?
I came to Toronto, by far the biggest market for white-collar jobs, three years ago, when my partner got accepted to grad school here. I had already contacted people in the field I wanted to work in - literary agent in the film world, for screenwriters and directors - and had been encouraged to come. When I arrived and contacted the same people, they were kind, and met me for coffee, but they didn't have jobs to offer me. Remember - this was not my field already. I had a degree in Opera Performance, and I had worked for ten years teaching English in Europe, and working as a journalist. But this was a career switch for me.

I was, as someone mentioned, offered all kinds of jobs at call centers, or handing out insurance forms at Canadian tire, etc. Since finding a job in my chosen field was taking longer than I wanted, I did sign up with a music school to provide singing lessons to their students at their homes. But Toronto is a sprawling city, I didn't have a car and had to take public transportation, and the lessons were too few and far between to make it worth the pay. So I kept calling people in the film industry, I met with them and chatted at film industry events such as the Toronto International Film Festival, and generally made myself known.

After 11 months, I got a job as a producer's assistant, which brought me into the film industry, and three months later I was offered not one but TWO jobs as a literary agent, both before they were advertised to the general public.

I don't mean to minimize the frustration level. When I was sending out hundreds of resumes and making dozens of calls, I was often frustrated and angry. But, as I have often seen on this board, in Canada, getting a job is more a process of getting to know people in your area of employment, so that they think of you when they hear something is opening up. Most jobs here are filled before they are advertised, by word of mouth. Put your name in people's mouths by meeting them and getting to know them, and eventually they will let you know when they hear about a job.

I think it is best not to get caught in the jobs like Tim's or call centers, if that is outside your line of work. On the other hand, taking a lower level job in your area is not a bad idea, as people will get to know you, and you will begin to hear about jobs higher up or more in your line. In Canada, it is WHO you know - not in the sense of power, but in the sense of being accepted into the general circle of your occupation - not so much WHAT you know.

Canada is also big on CANADIAN certification. I have a friend here who arrived many, many years ago with excellent banking credentials from his own country. But he had to work as a house painter for his cousin for one year only, while he took Canadian certification courses that only repeated what he already knew. Then, with that certification, he started work in a bank's call center, but very quickly moved up - within months - to wealth management. Two years after his arrival in Canada, he was well enough off to buy a new car, and the next year he bought a condo.

If you can, bring more money than CIC says you need, so you can wait out the time of getting to know people, picking their brains, and getting your name around. Be sensitive to how people do things here - don't try to impose the job-hunting tactics of your native country on Canada. Do all that, and you have a good chance of landing the job you want. Good luck!

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Haven't you met doomsday prophets before? ;)
Hahaha :p

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
chiron said:
So it's either survivor jobs or CEO then? I'd be fine taking a huge hit in seniority/responsibilities - working as a construction project manager and so I wouldn't having to be an entry level site supervisor or draftsman or jr. quantity surveyor etc to start off. As long as I can manage to get a job in my field I'll be willing to accept it. But if I have to resort to something outside of my field then I will be disappointed.
You will know it sooner . Good luck .

kkankal

Oct 2, 2010
I arrived in Calgary in December 2013 and have been working for close to two years in my profession. I agree with what Dobes has posted. Of course it is important that you know your subject very well;but it is equally or possibly more important to connect with people who are in a position to potentially offer you a job. The most difficult part is to get your foot in the door..once you manage that as long as you don't make a fool of yourself, you will do okay. Unfortunately, merit is not the only consideration, atleast when you are looking for your first job after landing.