+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP ****

Wesaka

Apr 2, 2019
Congratulations! What kind of question did he asked you if you don’t mind asking. We will have ours next Wednesday. Thanks
The officer asked for:
  • My passport.
  • My PR photo. They only took one and said the other was for contingency.
  • My "original date/location of entry into Canada." I do not like this language. The officer explained to me this is my most recent permanent move to Canada, not my first time entering the country.
  • My most recent date/location of entry into Canada.
  • My sponsor's provincial ID.
  • If I intend on leaving the country within the next month. Explained I can only travel by private vehicle.
  • My current/expired temporary visas.
  • If I have been convicted/charged of any crimes, asked to leave any country, etc.
  • When and how I met my spouse.
  • My occupation.
After that, they printed out the COPR document and it was signed. They congratulated me on becoming a PR.

This all took under 5 minutes.

Reactions: LolliRay and Innd

Serbia25

Aug 6, 2013
Received landing interview invitation today for Oct. 11, Etobicoko office. But the weird thing is I didn't receive SA, AIP or Decision Made. My ECAS still says IN PROCESS for both sponsor and myself as PA.

Application Received: April 17, 2019
Acknowledgement of Receipt: May 31, 2019
Medical Request: July 27
Medical Results Received: August 09
Open Work Permit Approval: June 12, 2019
Sponsor Eligibility Approval: NO UPDATE YET
Decision Made (both sides): NO UPDATE YET
Interview invitation received Oct. 5, 2019, interview set for Oct. 11, 2019

Reactions: Innd

Innd

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
The officer asked for:
  • My passport.
  • My PR photo. They only took one and said the other was for contingency.
  • My "original date/location of entry into Canada." I do not like this language. The officer explained to me this is my most recent permanent move to Canada, not my first time entering the country.
  • My most recent date/location of entry into Canada.
  • My sponsor's provincial ID.
  • If I intend on leaving the country within the next month. Explained I can only travel by private vehicle.
  • My current/expired temporary visas.
  • If I have been convicted/charged of any crimes, asked to leave any country, etc.
  • When and how I met my spouse.
  • My occupation.
After that, they printed out the COPR document and it was signed. They congratulated me on becoming a PR.

This all took under 5 minutes.
Yeah, that's what I heard. They just want to confirm I guess what we wrote down on the application. Congratulations again!

adarsh1991

Apr 16, 2016
Hi, application final update :

Application Received : 8th April, 2019 (PR, OWP both)
Application started processing : 23 may, 2019
Medical request : 15th, August, 2019
Police background request :15th August, 2019
Police background uploaded : 16th sept, 2019
** there was no update fro cic about my application, so I raised a ticket because My applicatio passed the current processing time & date but there was no update**
all of a sudden

Medical test Passed : 15th September, 2019
Owp Approved : 18th Sept, 2019
Pr eligibility passed: 19th Sept, 2019
PR Approved : 20th Sept, 2019

AOPR (acknowledgment of permanent residence): 5TH October

Finally! I'm a permanent!

Hope everyone goes through this process smoothly (overall processing time 5months, 28days)

Pretty impressive cic

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hi guys,

My partner (sponsor) got his eligibility approved on September 30. We have not received any update since then. Is this normal?? I am getting nervous.

Innd

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
COPR Issued today! Immigration officer was so nice greeted us with . All he asked to my partner is to check our mailing address, if we have a child together, if he has committed a crime and that is it. First thank you Lord for guiding us the whole process. And for all you here whom we drawn each other strength when at times we feel uncertain. I wish everyone for great outcome of your application. Truly this is a great day!

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
Today I have seen some changes at first row; and it says

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
And before was written something else, does anyone know what does it mean, because they asked us some additional doc 2 weeks ago, now we are waiting ??