+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP ****

LolliRay

Jul 2, 2019
Hey everyone. I'm new here. I'm from America, and my common law partner of Canada is sponsoring me.

AR: April 15th, 2019
In Process: June 5th, 2019

My file is a bit confusing. I never received AOR. I received my work permit application back in the mail three weeks ago from the third, and sent it back same week with the missing payment (It was confirmed received on the 17th of June).

From there, I haven't heard anything. I called originally because I had not heard anything and it was the beginning of June. I was given my Application Number and was able to link it to my account, and it is In Process. They had a wrong email on file, so I submitted a new one online.

Does everyone have to take a medical exam? Wondering when they'll request mine. I may call tomorrow to make sure I haven't been sent any correspondence that hasn't showed up.

Atecami

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-2019
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hello everyone who is submitting application in April, please follow
Thank you
Hello, I have a question.
Why do some people who have also sent their inland spousal sponsorship application in May already received an AOR, while we who sent it by the end of April have not received an AOR yet?
Is it not supposed to be first-come, first-served?

Thank you in advance.

M.K.IR.2019

May 31, 2019
I have sent out my application package on April 31, and I did not receive my AOR yet. Do you have any I idea how I can inquiry about my application?

Pparreira

Jun 19, 2019
Hello everyone for who already got the OWP, once you get the WP can you leave the country and come back ? Is it for multiple entrance? Thanks

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Hello everyone for who already got the OWP, once you get the WP can you leave the country and come back ? Is it for multiple entrance? Thanks
If you were issued an eTA with your WP then you can leave and re-enter using the eTA, if not then you need a multiple entry visa if you don’t already have a valid one, you can apply for it from inside Canada. Please note that it’s adviced that you don’t take excessive trips outside Canada while a PR app is in process.

Reactions: Pparreira

Atecami

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-2019
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Still doesn't work for me:(
Should I be using the sponsor or the applicants information?
Sorry it doesn't work out for you.
You can use both, yours and the sponsors.
In my case I check the status with the Client ID Number / Unique Client Identifier. I can see our application has been received, and we also still don't have the AOR yet.
You only have a Client ID Number if you or the sponsor have dealt with Immigration before. For example in my case I had one due to the eTA and my husband had one due to getting the citizenship since he wasn't born in Canada. His ID Number is written on the citizenship certificate.
I don't know if a Canadian born here also has such an ID, maybe when they send in an application to get their passport or something like that.

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Sorry it doesn't work out for you.
You can use both, yours and the sponsors.
In my case I check the status with the Client ID Number / Unique Client Identifier. I can see our application has been received, and we also still don't have the AOR yet.
You only have a Client ID Number if you or the sponsor have dealt with Immigration before. For example in my case I had one due to the eTA and my husband had one due to getting the citizenship since he wasn't born in Canada. His ID Number is written on the citizenship certificate.
I don't know if a Canadian born here also has such an ID, maybe when they send in an application to get their passport or something like that.
I'm Canadian but I am pretty sure I don't have one. I have tried to use my Husband's from his Visitor Extension but it's not working :(

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I'm Canadian but I am pretty sure I don't have one. I have tried to use my Husband's from his Visitor Extension but it's not working :(
I think it's still early for us... try tomorrow again. Also mine doesn't work (can't link on GCKEY either). I know from other posts that you can see it 12/24 hours before receiving AOR.

Reactions: SofiaMartins

Atecami

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-2019
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
How did you write the Client ID Number / Unique Client Identifier?
Did you write it with spaces or dashes?
It needs to be written in this format:
without dashes and spaces.

This is what the site says:
You can find your Client Identification Number (Client ID), also called a Unique Client Identifier Number (UCI), on any official document issued to you by an Citizenship and Immigration Canada office, Case Processing Centre or Canadian visa office outside Canada. Your Client ID has either eight or 10 numbers. It will be in one of these formats: 0000-0000 or 00-0000-0000.

If you use your husbands ID you need to write also all his data, like name and date + place of birth exactly as it is on the application.
If it still doesn't work, maybe you can try to contact Immigration and they can help you out or you can wait a few more days and try to link the application on your husband's online account in IRCC.

In my case maybe we can see the status because on the application forms I did write my husband's and my UCI, which is
not mandatory.
So maybe if you didn't write your husbands UCI on the forms, the system can not find the app. until you receive the AOR.
(I'm just speculating)

Atecami

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-2019
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Maybe you have a UCI on your birth certificate?
Would't hurt to check that out in my opinion.

Atecami

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-2019
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
I'll check, maybe you're right..
In any case in the visitor extension of your husband he sure has a UCI.
But weird if it doesn't work. Maybe it's because you don't have a UCI?
Who knows.
I also find it weird that some people who send in the inland spousal sponsorship application in May already received the AOR according to this file below, but we haven't yet. And ours was received on April 30th.

I thought it was first-come first-served, so I don't understand why for example the app. of IsaMF IRCC received on May 24th got the AOR on June 1st already.

This just makes no sense unless they process some applications first on purpose based on some specific criteria other than on a first-come first-served basis...

Also not everybody gets the medical request at the same time. I know a woman who sent the inland spousal app. 8 months ago here in Québec and still has not received the request to do a medical exam. While according to this file you can see some applicants already received such a request and already passed the medical exam while others did not.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw