+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017
Yes, an insurance cover showing you and your spouse names is a good proof. It means you have your spouse as your dependent under your insurance. Employment benefits shows you also have your spouse covered under it like for dental, vision, life insurance, etc. As long as it shows that you and your spouse are covered by those benefits.

Documentary evidence of financial support means like money transfers, joint credit card where your spouse is an authorized user. If you went on a trip together, you can show that the flights/hotels were under your name and show a detailed bank statement along with it.
Thank you!!

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017
Yes, you can check checklist for spouse sponsorship. It says we have to submit PCC upfront.
Yeah it is available in checklist. I meant like is there specific link which says for which country PCC has to be submitted upfront and the rules regarding PCC - whether it can be obtained when we are inside the country or once we leave the country and how many months it is valid?

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017
Hi All,
I have a question regarding open work permit application. In the employment section of IMM5710 application, where we need to fill in current and previous employment details, Is it mandatory to fill in 'To' date for my previous employment history?

Also regarding employment, I believe a person cannot work for a canadian employer without having work permit. Is it fine to work for an employer whose location is based on other country and mention it in open work permit application as current occupation in IMM5710?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah it is available in checklist. I meant like is there specific link which says for which country PCC has to be submitted upfront and the rules regarding PCC - whether it can be obtained when we are inside the country or once we leave the country and how many months it is valid?
Yes it says you have to get PCC.

With updates to the spousal process implemented on February 14, 2018, police certificates are required at the time of application for all applicants 18 years of age or older, for the following countries:

• the current country of residence if the applicant has resided there for 6 months or more
  • the country where the applicant has spent most of their adult life, since the age of 18.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2016/633-december-15-2016.html

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

bethanyxvx

May 16, 2018
My husband and I sent our application package April 9th. We received the AOR at the beginning of May. My open work permit app was returned to me because I forgot to sign it. I fixed it and returned the application to Vegreville, instead of Mississauga, as instructed. My question is since that was the only application returned does that mean the others are good and are being processed? Or is there still a possibility of those being returned as well?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband and I sent our application package April 9th. We received the AOR at the beginning of May. My open work permit app was returned to me because I forgot to sign it. I fixed it and returned the application to Vegreville, instead of Mississauga, as instructed. My question is since that was the only application returned does that mean the others are good and are being processed? Or is there still a possibility of those being returned as well?
Yes, others should be good.

Reactions: bethanyxvx

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
can anyone help me with filling out a restoration of status? can i send it together with my spousal sponsorship and owp?

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017
Yes it says you have to get PCC.

With updates to the spousal process implemented on February 14, 2018, police certificates are required at the time of application for all applicants 18 years of age or older, for the following countries:

• the current country of residence if the applicant has resided there for 6 months or more
  • the country where the applicant has spent most of their adult life, since the age of 18.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2016/633-december-15-2016.html
Thank you so much for your help!!