+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017
Hi All,
I have a question regarding open work permit application. In the employment section of IMM5710 application, where we need to fill in current and previous employment details, Is it mandatory to fill in 'To' date for my previous employment history?

Also regarding employment, I believe a person cannot work for a canadian employer without having work permit. Is it fine to work for an employer whose location is based on other country and mention it in open work permit application as current occupation in IMM5710?
Can someone provide your thoughts on this?

Ti.perez

May 5, 2018
Hey everybody, my application was received on April 10th, and I haven't received the AOR yet...
I'm worried because I see a lot of you guys that sent after my application and already got the AOR, is there anywhere that I can call to see what's going on???

Ldonasci

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
Med's Request
03-10-2017
My husband and I sent our application package April 9th. We received the AOR at the beginning of May. My open work permit app was returned to me because I forgot to sign it. I fixed it and returned the application to Vegreville, instead of Mississauga, as instructed. My question is since that was the only application returned does that mean the others are good and are being processed? Or is there still a possibility of those being returned as well?
Did you just send the same OWP-for-sponsorship to Vegreville instead? Did you add any extra documents or just the one that was in the OWP-sponsorship checklist? I am sending my OWP application soon ( my PR application is in process already), so any tips would be good.

Also, if they have not returned your sponsorship application and you got your AOR you are good. Just link it to your online account and check if the messages there. Good luck

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everybody, my application was received on April 10th, and I haven't received the AOR yet...
I'm worried because I see a lot of you guys that sent after my application and already got the AOR, is there anywhere that I can call to see what's going on???
It's absolutely normal. Don't worry

Reactions: Ti.perez

ravadyvce

May 17, 2018
Hello Guys,
Greetings to all.
My spouse file was received on April 18th 2018 and I just received the file number on 15th May 2018. My spouse lives with me here in Canada, and someone please confirm that I'm on the right thread. hope to get other updates from you guys as well,
Cheers.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,
Greetings to all.
My spouse file was received on April 18th 2018 and I just received the file number on 15th May 2018. My spouse lives with me here in Canada, and someone please confirm that I'm on the right thread. hope to get other updates from you guys as well,
Cheers.
Yes you're on right thread. Congrats

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called IRCC today and they said they're processing applications received on April 11

bethanyxvx

May 16, 2018
Did you just send the same OWP-for-sponsorship to Vegreville instead? Did you add any extra documents or just the one that was in the OWP-sponsorship checklist? I am sending my OWP application soon ( my PR application is in process already), so any tips would be good.

Also, if they have not returned your sponsorship application and you got your AOR you are good. Just link it to your online account and check if the messages there. Good luck
Yes, I sent the same one. All I was missing was a signature so I signed and also took photocopies of the documents I already sent (since they didn’t return the first set). I didn’t send anything extra, only what was in the checklist. I’m also confused as to why I had to send it to Vegreville instead of Mississauga where my package was originally sent. Though Vegreville is closer to me since I’m in Alberta. Not sure if that even makes a difference.

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
Hello guys, I sent our application package at May 14th, Canada Post said that was delivered at May 17th.

I just have one question: My application is inland, I am with a visitor visa in Canada and on my visa record says that I have to leave canada by June 16th. Can I wait my sponsorship application while is being processed in Canada or do I need to apply for a extension? I applied for OWP with my sponsorship package as well.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hello guys, I sent our application package at May 14th, Canada Post said that was delivered at May 17th.

I just have one question: My application is inland, I am with a visitor visa in Canada and on my visa record says that I have to leave canada by June 16th. Can I wait my sponsorship application while is being processed in Canada or do I need to apply for a extension? I applied for OWP with my sponsorship package as well.
You need to extension your visa. And you should do it now.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
I applied for inland sponsorship. My husband is a Belgium citizen.

The dilemma we're facing now is. Unfortunately he fell sick here. And so we have to travel to Belgium for about a month as he got medical appointments there.

My question is: if we go and come back In a month, would this be a problem?

And if we get medical request from Canada during that period. Does it make sense to give medical exam in Belgium? Or we should call CIC to give us more time? What's better?

If CIC comes to know later that we went to Belgium and came back during the process, can they refuse our application?

Thanks