+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017
Also I would like to know whether PCC should be submitted while submitting inland PR application or when we get the request from CIC?

PCC should be obtained after leaving the country or can be obtained even when we are inside the country? I am asking this because consulate website says people on tourist visa cannot obtain PCC unless they aspire to become permanent resident and have confirmation from Immigration. I don't think I can have confirmation from Immigration before I submit the application

Please respond.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also I would like to know whether PCC should be submitted while submitting inland PR application or when we get the request from CIC?

PCC should be obtained after leaving the country or can be obtained even when we are inside the country? I am asking this because consulate website says people on tourist visa cannot obtain PCC unless they aspire to become permanent resident and have confirmation from Immigration. I don't think I can have confirmation from Immigration before I submit the application

Please respond.
PCC should be submitted with application.

Yes, you can obtain PCC when you are inside the country. But I guess it depends on country to country.

Ti.perez

May 5, 2018
I sent my application on April 10th, didn't receive anything yet...
I have a question about the "approval in principal", Can anyone please tell me how long does it take on average to get to that stage after receiving the AOR and if I can apply for an OWP once the process gets on that stage?

Thanks and good luck everyone :D

Christyohhh

Sep 22, 2017
Mississauga, ON
Hi All,

I would like to know what are all the possible proofs that I can submit for following questions in document checklist for Inland spousal PR application

Select at least two of the following four options and provide the documents requested for each. Check which options you are selecting.

Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment
or insurance benefits)

Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses.

Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, social media
information showing a public relationship, etc.).

Proof of past cohabitation, if you are not currently living together but did at one point in the past.

If you did not check at least two boxes above:
I am unable to provide documents from a minimum of two of the above sets of options. I am instead submitting a written
explanation for why these are not available. I am also providing any other evidence I have to demonstrate that my relationship
is genuine.
What evidence do you have to demonstrate your relationship?

I think you can also submit messages you sent to eachother via email or facebook if you have one. Or itineraries to show you visited eachother if you’re not living together.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I think you can also submit messages you sent to eachother via email or facebook if you have one. Or itineraries to show you visited eachother if you’re not living together.
You can even get letters from relatives/friends

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my application on April 10th, didn't receive anything yet...
I have a question about the "approval in principal", Can anyone please tell me how long does it take on average to get to that stage after receiving the AOR and if I can apply for an OWP once the process gets on that stage?

Thanks and good luck everyone :D
Did you get AOR? When you applied?

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017

Yeah I understand. Thanks for explaining.

What should be shown as part of employment or insurance benefits? - Something like a insurance cover with both of our names? What type of employment benefits to be shown?

Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses. - What do they mean by this?

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017

Yes, you can obtain PCC when you are inside the country. But I guess it depends on country to country.
Thanks for your reply.

Do we have information about this in cic website? Can you please direct me to some authenticated links where I can verify this information?

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017

Thanks for your reply.

Do we have information about this in cic website? Can you please direct me to some authenticated links where I can verify this information?

Christyohhh

Sep 22, 2017
Mississauga, ON
Yeah I understand. Thanks for explaining.

What should be shown as part of employment or insurance benefits? - Something like a insurance cover with both of our names? What type of employment benefits to be shown?

Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses. - What do they mean by this?
Yes, an insurance cover showing you and your spouse names is a good proof. It means you have your spouse as your dependent under your insurance. Employment benefits shows you also have your spouse covered under it like for dental, vision, life insurance, etc. As long as it shows that you and your spouse are covered by those benefits.

Documentary evidence of financial support means like money transfers, joint credit card where your spouse is an authorized user. If you went on a trip together, you can show that the flights/hotels were under your name and show a detailed bank statement along with it.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you can check checklist for spouse sponsorship. It says we have to submit PCC upfront.