+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Saras88

Nov 9, 2017
We sent application on April 17 and it was received on the 20th. As we just got married and we didn't have a time to wait because my spouse work permit is going to expire next month, so we sent an application with marriage certificate which we got on a wedding day. Also we included explanation and a print screen that we applied for official marriage certificate and we will send it to them as soon as we get it. A week later we received marriage certificate and we contacted CIC and sent them copy of certification. They replied and confirmed receipt of certification and stated that certification will be forwarded to the officer and added to our application. Today then we got our application back it was written that marriage certificate was missing... Do I have to have a job to sponsor my spouse and to send an application again to them, because we recently have moved to different province and I didn't find a job yet...

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
We sent application on April 17 and it was received on the 20th. As we just got married and we didn't have a time to wait because my spouse work permit is going to expire next month, so we sent an application with marriage certificate which we got on a wedding day. Also we included explanation and a print screen that we applied for official marriage certificate and we will send it to them as soon as we get it. A week later we received marriage certificate and we contacted CIC and sent them copy of certification. They replied and confirmed receipt of certification and stated that certification will be forwarded to the officer and added to our application. Today then we got our application back it was written that marriage certificate was missing... Do I have to have a job to sponsor my spouse and to send an application again to them, because we recently have moved to different province and I didn't find a job yet...
No income requirement or requirement to be employed to sponsor spouse.

Saras88

Nov 9, 2017
No income requirement or requirement to be employed to sponsor spouse.
Thanks. There is a question in document Check List:
Employment/Source of income. You need to show that you can support the person you are sponsoring. Provide documents from one of the following options: If you are not working in Canada, provide other documentation showing that you can support the person you are sponsoring. What could it be? Bank statement?

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Thanks. There is a question in document Check List:
Employment/Source of income. You need to show that you can support the person you are sponsoring. Provide documents from one of the following options: If you are not working in Canada, provide other documentation showing that you can support the person you are sponsoring. What could it be? Bank statement?
You can show bank statement plus proof that you're looking for job.

cosmicL

May 25, 2018
When did you send out your files?
Our files were sent on April 20, delivered April 23. Would you mind telling me how can you see your info online?

[edit] I just saw you posted the link to the tools on your comment. Thank you! I can also see there that my application was received and being processed.

Last edited:

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Our files were sent on April 20, delivered April 23. Would you mind telling me how can you see your info online?

[edit] I just saw you posted the link to the tools on your comment. Thank you! I can also see there that my application was received and being processed.
Congrats, that means our file is there, and i bet we should get email later today:)