12-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
My e-cas status changed to DM finally! I took the test in Oct 2018! So excited

Reactions: k300k3

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hi I had my oath ceremony yesterday in ottawa and finally this process is over! :)..here is my timeline:

App received: April 23, 2018
AOR: June 8, 2018
In process: July 24th, 2018
Test Invite: Auguest 29, 2018
Test done : September 13, 2018
Decision Made: March 15, 2018
Oath Ceremony Invite: March 19, 2018
Oath Ceremony: April 5, 2019

mozos

Mar 25, 2019
It’s Going to be 1 year in 2 days and I will call them again. I was told by cic office that my application isn’t routine as there were finger prints requested. Anybody heard the same response

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hi All,

Wanted to share my Test experience with you all...

- Test was scheduled for 12:15 PM in Mississauga test center
- We (my wife and I) reached there at 12:00
- Stood in line - had about 10 ppl before us in the line.
- When turn came - Gave the lady PR Card and invitation letter - she circled the application ID and gave it back with the answer sheet and a pencil
- Asked us to leave a space between other ppl and take a site.. there were about 30 ppl in total
- Same lady took us through the rules and said 15 marks are passing and 30 mins time
- There are multiple version of the question paper.. so the chances are you have a different version than person sitting next
- Questions are multiple choice or true or false.. I had 3 true or false and multiple choice the rest
- Finished the paper in 13 mins and sat in the common area
- Once everyone finished.. a lady came and said they will start the interview process in the order we finished our tests.
- My number came and a lady called me (not my wife) she said I passed with 15 marks (I was relieved)
- She asked me what I do.. do I do lot of travel... were am I working.. she made notes..
- Checked all my original documents.. she had all my documents that I submitted to she cross checked and signed them
- asked me to sign a document.. to confirm everything I informed is true
- Asked me to go back and send my wife in..
- same procedure with her.. Except she got 19 :p and lady told her that the Oath invitation would come soon and it will happen on 1st week of May

Tips: Questions on ApnaToronto.com are NOT ENOUGH to pass the test.. I only got 11 questions from it and non of the questions were exactly same. They have re-worded every single question to make it little confusing.. I barely passed and I was kind of scared that I would fail because I did not read anything else. I would recommend reading the questions from apnatoronto.com and also reading the Discover Canada booklet at least couple of times to pass the exam with ease.

I wish everyone who is waiting for test and oath invitation good luck.. and hope the above was help full.
You are not in the spreadsheet?

mira8098

Aug 7, 2015
Did you get a finger print request or was that part of QA / Residency questionnaire?
No I was talking to the agent over the phone, he just said that my file seems to be ok and everything looks to be complete but there is no space to take the test at the moment so he told me to wait until they have space so they can schedule a date for me to take it.

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
Hi Guys,

Quick question - How soon can I apply for Canadian Passport after the Oath Ceremony? Can I go to the passport office and apply for it the same day as Oath Ceremony

Can someone please explain the process to apply passport? Do I have to fill out new passport application form,. get photo done, pay fees and apply in the passport office?

Last edited:

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Hi Guys,

Quick question - How soon can I apply for Canadian Passport after the Oath Ceremony? Can I go to the passport office and apply for it the same day as Oath Ceremony

Can someone please explain the process to apply passport? Do I have to fill out new passport application form,. get photo done, pay fees and apply in the passport office?
At the ceremony they told us to wait 2 business days for the system to get updated. However, several members reported that as long your ECAS status changes to Complete, you are good to go.
I am pretty sure it is not possible to apply for the passport on the same date as the oath ceremony. It would be nice...

As for detailed procedure on how to apply, please visit the passport website,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/apply.html

I strongly recommend you to apply at a passport office, not Service Canada or by mail. Not only the wait time is much faster, they also give you an estimate on the spot (usually 2 weeks).

Rm2017

Jun 20, 2017
My e-cas status changed to DM finally! I took the test in Oct 2018! So excited
Congratulations! Do you have any idea why it took so long? Anecdotally, it looks like people either get the DM the next day or two after taking the test, or else it takes 3 - 6 months! I am in the latter category - Took test at the end of January, and no DM yet... Montreal office.

Last edited:

hcyrusr

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Congratulations! Do you have any idea why it took so long? Anecdotally, it looks like people either get the DM the next day or two after taking the test, or else it takes 3 months! I am in the latter category - Took test at the end of January, and no DM yet... Montreal office.
Not really sure, but some applications might go through a longer background check due to various reasons although i consider mine to be very vanilla

Reactions: Rm2017

Alanvh20181

Oct 31, 2018
Congratulations! Do you have any idea why it took so long? Anecdotally, it looks like people either get the DM the next day or two after taking the test, or else it takes 3 - 6 months! I am in the latter category - Took test at the end of January, and no DM yet... Montreal office.
It all depends on the processing centre. Some centres does the security checks first or after the test. In my case my security was done first and after that I wrote the test. DM was made the next day after the test and waiting on the Oath invite now. Hope this helps...

Welshdazza86

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
@Libu

Please update the spreadsheet when you are able to.

I received notice for my citizenship test on April 10th ( 1 year to the day I mailed it ) for May 9th.

Reactions: Libu