+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
Hi All,

Wanted to share my Oath experience with you all.. Finally I am a Canadian.. Horrrrray... :)

- Reached the Mississauga center at 8:50 AM
- Stood in line - when my turn came - they took away my PR card - checked my invitation letter and asked me to take my seat
- My number was 88 - there were 100 candidates in total
- Clerk came and explained the ceremony process
- Said we can apply for passport after two business days - so Thursday
- Judge (funny guy) came and we all stood up.
- He cracked few jokes and briefed us again about the process.
- We all stood up for the Oath (goosebumps.. may be couple of tears too)
- We took the Oath - one clerk walked around and made sure everyone present was saying the Oath
- Row by row, we stood in line to sign a document to confirm
- Stood in another Q to get the certificate from the judge
- Went back to my seat - when all were done - we stood again for the anthem
- Judge left - came back to take pictures with all
- Left the hall at 10:50 AM

It was very straight forward and well organised event.. they allow guests to be present in the hall... You can take pictures/video of the whole event except Oath and Anthem. I was in an out in 2 hours... The only thing I didn't like was there were couple of babies who were crying/cranky and the clerk was rude to their parents and asked them to leave the hall.

I wish everyone in this forum good luck and speedy process. Also, thank you to all the members who have helped during this long and tiring journey. It's kind of assuring when other people post messages saying they got it through and also little calming when you know/read that you are not the only one and other people are with you in this journey.

O Canada.... :)

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Hi All,

I completed my oath ceremony and received the Canadian Citizenship Certificate. They took the PR card.

While applying for the passport, what does they mean by "valid Canadian travel document"? What can I submit for this?

For "references", can non-canadian citizen (PR) provide reference?

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Hi All,

I completed my oath ceremony and received the Canadian Citizenship Certificate. They took the PR card.

While applying for the passport, what does they mean by "valid Canadian travel document"? What can I submit for this?

For "references", can non-canadian citizen (PR) provide reference?
I think you should choose 'No' if you do not have any other travel document.
References can be anyone

TrueNorthEast

May 2, 2019
Hi All,
I have been a silent observer of this forum until now :)
I am an April 2018 applicant (app delivered on Apr 10 to be exact) without a test invite yet and my application is being processed in Mississauga. No correspondence after AOR in May 2018. ATIP notes dated back to March 2019 indicates "Test Ready Tagged" since Feb 2019. Finally, I decided to contact my local MP to request a status update from IRCC. Does anyone who contacted their MP know what information they sent to their MP such as Application Number, UCI etc... ? I am planning to write an email to my local MP with those information. Hopefully I am doing the correct thing. Thanks for any replies.

Reactions: dkmemon

AashNavid

Apr 3, 2018
Hi All,
I am an April 2018 applicant (app delivered on Apr 10 to be exact) without a test invite yet and my application is being processed in Mississauga. No correspondence after AOR in May 2018. ATIP notes dated back to March 2019 indicates "Test Ready Tagged" since Feb 2019. Finally, I decided to contact my local MP to request a status update from IRCC. Does anyone who contacted their MP know what information they sent to their MP such as Application Number, UCI etc... ? I am planning to write an email to my local MP with those information. Hopefully I am doing the correct thing. Thanks for any replies.
I am also in the same boat, April 30 ..... 1 year done ............nothing in the email box

dkmemon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hi All,
I am also from Mississauga ,initially I sent inquiry through web form but they said they have contacted my office and they will contact me ,yesterday I contacted my MP and he asked me to fill the consent form and send the copy of drivers license so that they can contact IRCC on my behalf...I am sure it will not expedite the process but who knows ...It may work,we should take our efforts.
Bottom line contacting your MP is not a bad idea....

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
I am also from Mississauga ,initially I sent inquiry through web form but they said they have contacted my office and they will contact me ,yesterday I contacted my MP and he asked me to fill the consent form and send the copy of drivers license so that they can contact IRCC on my behalf...I am sure it will not expedite the process but who knows ...It may work,we should take our efforts.
Bottom line contacting your MP is not a bad idea....
It was a very bad idea for me; they literally wasted my time and provided nothing than what i can get by calling IRCC. But, i heard some MPs are really supportive - mine was the opposite.

torrcan

Nov 10, 2014
02 April 2018 applicant from Brampton, In process since 20 June 2018.
Ordered ATIP notes on 30 March 2019 and received it today morning.
It's showing "Test Ready Tagged" at Mississauga IRCC since 25 October 2018. No updates since then.

AashNavid

Apr 3, 2018
It was a very bad idea for me; they literally wasted my time and provided nothing than what i can get by calling IRCC. But, i heard some MPs are really supportive - mine was the opposite.
I am from Windsor, Ontario. but my experience with MP was good when my father applies for a visit visa and embassy denied then apply again and also update to MP, he fully supports and calls the embassy and he also updates that i called on your behalf then next day, visa issued and also received from the embassy that all done ...

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
I am from Windsor, Ontario. but my experience with MP was good when my father applies for a visit visa and embassy denied then apply again and also update to MP, he fully supports and calls the embassy and he also updates that i called on your behalf then next day, visa issued and also received from the embassy that all done ...
You are lucky then :). Hope your MP can help you here as well.