+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Olla Jan

Apr 11, 2019
Did anyone got an interview /test in Scarborough office in April 2019?
When I called they told me you are in the queue for the interview since 2 weeks and nothing yet

toe2head

Dec 21, 2014
Dear All,

I'm gonna apply for passport and noticed there's some requirements checklist. It's clearly understood that one of the passport photo needs to be signed by guarantor with date, but below ones are not clear to me, so please kindly advise how to deal with it.

#1. All 3 pages of the application form completed and signed within the last 12 months and certified by the guarantor.
- There's blanks for signature of the applicant on 2nd and 3rd pages, but guarantor's is not found. How should the guarantor certify it?

#2. Document(s) to support identity (original or copies); copies must be signed and dated by your guarantor.
- Would it be ok make a photocopy of other IDs (i.e. Driver license, Healthcare card etc.) and guarantor sign on it?

Thanks in advance.

Jayefrancine

Mar 26, 2018
Hi guys, after one year of applying for my citizenship I called cic last week April 10 be exact and the officer told me that my file is being process in Scarborough. He told me that he would send them an email to find out the process of my application, 2 hours after I received an email that I have to get my finger print done. Does anyone know how long RCMP take to process finger prints.

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hi guys, after one year of applying for my citizenship I called cic last week April 10 be exact and the officer told me that my file is being process in Scarborough. He told me that he would send them an email to find out the process of my application, 2 hours after I received an email that I have to get my finger print done. Does anyone know how long RCMP take to process finger prints.
RCMP will mail your fingerprint result in a few days (within 2 to 3 days) if there is no match and no further search is required. Add the days it would take the result - snail mail - to reach you or the processing office. Your fingerprint result could reach IRCC in two (to three) weeks

Last edited:

DreamYYZ

Jun 3, 2018
RCMP will mail your fingerprint result in a few days (within 2 to 3 days) if there is no match and no further search is required. Add the days it would take the result - snail mail - to reach you or the processing office. Your fingerprint result could reach IRCC in two (to three) weeks
I would suggest that you get the RCMP report delivered to your address rather than sent directly to IRCC. Once you receive it - in 4-5 days, send it by priority mail to the concerned office. That ways you will have a track of when the request was complete and you can then follow up. Otherwise things will get lost in a black hole

Reactions: islandgirl25

JPBless

May 14, 2018
I would suggest that you get the RCMP report delivered to your address rather than sent directly to IRCC. Once you receive it - in 4-5 days, send it by priority mail to the concerned office. That ways you will have a track of when the request was complete and you can then follow up. Otherwise things will get lost in a black hole
I did fingerprint last September 2018. The private agency that did it copied the address on the letter IRCC had sent me. Two weeks later I contacted IRCC through webmail and they confirmed they had already received my fingerprint result direct from RCMP. Case solved.

On the hand, there is a post on this forum by somebody who had requested that his fingerprint be mailed directly to him and that he never received it. The point? Many people like me - the majority - have their fingerprint result mailed directly to IRCC and all goes well.

Last edited:

vanmanny

Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 12-2010
AOR Received.
sep-20-2010
Scarborough office is too slow. My one year is completing in 4 days

Toronto8688

Apr 6, 2018
It is super weird honestly and I don't know how they process application

I have been waiting for my oath for more than 2 months and I know someone who got oath invite next day after test.

The location is Scarborough for both of us