+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I would say call? GCMS notes would take a minimum of 30 days and you might have your PPR by then. Good luck!

I received below reply of my case specific query -

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.
Should I call to IRCC to know about my file decision? Or raise gcms note , please advise.

Jan 2, 2015
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2018
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Med's Done....
21-04-2018
Passport Req..
15-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
April 19 2018 AOR, eligibility is passed criminality is passed and rest everything is looking positive on GCMS notes, due to my extensive travel history , i am in security screening since august-September 2018. I want to ask fellow members, is getting ppr certain after this wait.

Reactions: annevn8

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
When did you order and receive your GCMS notes? Are the eligibility and criminality marked as passed in the notes? I'm just trying to figure out if you know for sure you're under extended security screening since Aug-Sept. I also have an extensive travel history of 100 trips and am trying to figure out what to anticipate. See my post here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2018-aor-join-here.552109/page-466#post-7518890

April 19 2018 AOR, eligibility is passed criminality is passed and rest everything is looking positive on GCMS notes, due to my extensive travel history , i am in security screening since august-September 2018. I want to ask fellow members, is getting ppr certain after this wait.

pranitha

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
Hello,

My AOR is Dec 06, 2018. Yesterday I received an email from WES that IRCC was not able to access my evaluation report. As soon as I saw that email I ordered a duplicate report and sent it to IRCC. They will receive in one business day.

1. Does IRCC check this as soon as they receive it? Or put it on hold until my next chance?
2. Does this cause in any delay of the process time? Or cause any rejection?
3. I’m a CEC applicant, I did my masters in Canada and evaluation report was for my bachelors back from home. As the highest degree is from Canada will they consider masters degree and move on with my file?
4. What can I do to speed up the process and let them know that they received the ECA report?

There is no change in my application since my AOR date, not even my medicals.

Has anyone encountered this before?

I’m really worried and not able to hold it together. Please. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Which section/page is this usually mentioned (Eligibility).

At a point it says, appears Met FSW points total 79, Ready to finalize RPRF: Complete.
At the notes section in the last couple pages of the gcms note. Read the notes made by the officer or case analyst.

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
hello again guys
April AoR here and in ip2 since December 6.

So I contacted Ottawa by email last week and the reply they sent me was "Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed."

When I checked the forums here, it seems that this means BGC is over and the application is under final review.
However, 4-5 days later I spoke to a CIC agent and she told me that criminality was still in progress and security "not started".

Now I am trying to figure out what it could mean.
Been really frustrating.

Apparently, my eligibility was under review as of May 2018 for PoF (my gcms was ordered in Nov) but heard nothing from CIC until my BGC started and an agent on the phone 2 weeks or so back told me my eligibility was passed when my file moved to ip2.

Jan 2, 2015
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2018
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Med's Done....
21-04-2018
Passport Req..
15-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
When did you order and receive your GCMS notes? Are the eligibility and criminality marked as passed in the notes? I'm just trying to figure out if you know for sure you're under extended security screening since Aug-Sept. I also have an extensive travel history of 100 trips and am trying to figure out what to anticipate. See my post here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2018-aor-join-here.552109/page-466#post-7518890
I received notes in December , from which i learnt that Eligibility and criminality is Passed already. entered IP2 in August mid, I learnt that i am in security screening because i have 4 blank activities in my GCMS notes and 5th one is Start of security and after reading a lot of topics on this, it means security screening.
I have shown a lot of travel activity mostly are work related. This is only factor which can put me in security screening, again which i guessed after reading forums.
What is your situation. when did you enter IP2 stage. I think normally it takes around 10 months for security screening to finish.

matper18

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
hello again guys
April AoR here and in ip2 since December 6.

So I contacted Ottawa by email last week and the reply they sent me was "Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed."

When I checked the forums here, it seems that this means BGC is over and the application is under final review.
However, 4-5 days later I spoke to a CIC agent and she told me that criminality was still in progress and security "not started".

Now I am trying to figure out what it could mean.
Been really frustrating.

Apparently, my eligibility was under review as of May 2018 for PoF (my gcms was ordered in Nov) but heard nothing from CIC until my BGC started and an agent on the phone 2 weeks or so back told me my eligibility was passed when my file moved to ip2.
Hello! April 11 AOR here.

I too e-mailed the Ottawa office regarding my application, which has been under review since May (as far as I know. Waiting for another set of notes that are supposed to arrive next week). I got the same response as you: "Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed." I don't know if that means its under final review (l wish), but at this point I've pretty much lost hope.

JJ April Aor

Nov 11, 2018

I too e-mailed the Ottawa office regarding my application, which has been under review since May (as far as I know. Waiting for another set of notes that are supposed to arrive next week). I got the same response as you: "Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed." I don't know if that means its under final review (l wish), but at this point I've pretty much lost hope.
Hi,
Could you tell how long it took to get reply from Ottawa for the email ,I am waiting since monday for the reply.
Also did you make any call recently to check the eligibility status.I am still in review required as per the last call made on Jan 3rd.

Last edited:

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
My AoR is April 23, 18. My eligibility and criminality is cleared and the case went into security on 5 Oct. There is no news since then.

Should I order GCMS notes or CBSA notes?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Thank you for that detailed reply! Again, I'm very sorry for your ordeal and the long wait.

I have not yet been put into any kind of security screening, but am mentally preparing myself for the worst based on nearly 100 trips that I reported in my travel history. I am hoping that it doesn't impact my application but I am reading up more and getting in touch with people to learn about what can possibly happen. I wish you all the best and hope you receive a PPR in the near future - please stay in touch by PM.

I received notes in December , from which i learnt that Eligibility and criminality is Passed already. entered IP2 in August mid, I learnt that i am in security screening because i have 4 blank activities in my GCMS notes and 5th one is Start of security and after reading a lot of topics on this, it means security screening.
I have shown a lot of travel activity mostly are work related. This is only factor which can put me in security screening, again which i guessed after reading forums.
What is your situation. when did you enter IP2 stage. I think normally it takes around 10 months for security screening to finish.

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW

Did you have any updates since May then?
Has your BGC started?
What is your review for? I know my review got over due to the fact that my eligibility is cleared and BGC started. I am thinking of waiting this week out before ordering gcms/cbsa notes for the 2nd time .

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi,
Could you tell how long it took to get reply from Ottawa for the email ,I am waiting since monday for the reply.
Also did you make any call recently to check the eligibility status.I am still in review required as per the last call made on Jan 3rd.
Took a day for me.

Subject should have your application number.
In the message give your family name, uci, stream applied.

JJ April Aor

Nov 11, 2018
Took a day for me.

Subject should have your application number.
In the message give your family name, uci, stream applied.
We sent the email in same format.Don't know what to do, will send a CSE if no response in next week too.
Can I ask you 'why you were in Review required' and have you done any thing from your side to clear it.

Last edited: