+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

shabbirshaik

Sep 6, 2018
Since you are in Canada (I assume so) Order GCMS notes through: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

and I would suggest you to apply for bridging WP at the earliest and do not wait until the end of the year, because it will take some time to process it as well
yes I am in Canada. I ordered GCMS on September 21st. I think the processing time for that is a month? and yeah I will apply for bridging work permit ASAP

shabbirshaik

Sep 6, 2018
What kinda agent will be telling someone about a chance of rejection? Although it is possible for an application to be rejected, I don't see the need for such worrisome statement. Please don't bother yourself with such information.........I am hoping you sent in the right documentations. You will definitely be fine. About waiting till end of the year, I am not sure it makes sense.......Once you reach the 6 months mark, try and raise a CSE and also call CIC prompting for a specific reason why they have passed the timeline of 6 months. And also, ask if they can reach the via office directly as you wait over the phone. Someone on this forum called CIC when he got to the 6 months processing time and still on that phone call, he was given the PPR. Don't give up, you will get it, we all will get it.
Less I forget, congratulations for your new born baby!!!
He will be getting his Canadian passport next week and he is all ready to meet his grand parents in India and here I am waiting for my PR. It is taking longer than expected.
The person who got PPR on phone call is amazing. I would like to see his conversations. Can you please send that link or tell me the date he posted?
Also, can you please tell me what CSE is? I am sorry I am a newbie and I don't know most of the abbreviations everyone use here.

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
What kinda agent will be telling someone about a chance of rejection? Although it is possible for an application to be rejected, I don't see the need for such worrisome statement. Please don't bother yourself with such information.........I am hoping you sent in the right documentations. You will definitely be fine. About waiting till end of the year, I am not sure it makes sense.......Once you reach the 6 months mark, try and raise a CSE and also call CIC prompting for a specific reason why they have passed the timeline of 6 months. And also, ask if they can reach the via office directly as you wait over the phone. Someone on this forum called CIC when he got to the 6 months processing time and still on that phone call, he was given the PPR. Don't give up, you will get it, we all will get it.
Less I forget, congratulations for your new born baby!!!
I spoke to an agent too! he told me that if your eligibility is under review the 6 months timeline does not apply!! he told me to wait for the end of the year as well!!

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
He will be getting his Canadian passport next week and he is all ready to meet his grand parents in India and here I am waiting for my PR. It is taking longer than expected.
The person who got PPR on phone call is amazing. I would like to see his conversations. Can you please send that link or tell me the date he posted?
Also, can you please tell me what CSE is? I am sorry I am a newbie and I don't know most of the abbreviations everyone use here.
He didn't mention the details of his conservation with the agents.....He said something like "the agents didn't receive the Mexican police report he sent". When he informed them that he already sent it and even received a confirmation from the Mexican Consulate, they kept him on hold for a long time. And then he got a PPR message during the hold. Unfortunately I can't recall the exact date I read the post but I should be within 2 weeks ago. You can search for it here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/montreal-visa-office-lets-connect-here.575300/page-41#post-7289661

CSE means Case Sensitive Enquiry. Usually, applicants can use this means to inform CIC of changes in their application including informing them when their processing time have been exceeded. CIC actually encourages that as can be found on their website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Hopefully, they wouldn't find an excuse to give why they need more time. But I will encourage you to send the CSE and at the same time, call them to see if it prods them in anyway.

Am actually AOR 26 and am counting my days before I start pushing for a reply.

Goodluck to us all!!

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
I spoke to an agent too! he told me that if your eligibility is under review the 6 months timeline does not apply!! he told me to wait for the end of the year as well!!
Well, they can say whatever they want to say. You can't fold your arms and watch your future plans hang on the balance because of CIC. Actually, the person that got the PPR during his call with CIC was happy he called because, if I recall correctly, he mentioned that he was advised by a call center agent to wait for some time more. If you read this condition where CIC advised applicants to contact them after the processing time has exceeded (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html), then you see you shouldn't just listen to the call agents as they can't really do a lot with regards to this. They can only say what they want to say.

Reactions: cansha

anunay17

Jun 1, 2015
They said "its a matter of time and have to wait" and there is nothing wrong in your application and you are not the first one to apply CEC from Quebec.

When I asked about security they said, security will only be done after eligibility pass. So my security is not started. Sometime back I got a ghost update and I called an agent, he said "your background check is half done". Anyways I don't trust agents. They give conflicting information, some are good, some dont even know any better.

My GCMS hopefully will come soon. So I will know the progress exactly.
Hi Cherti,

I have been following your post for quite some time. Could you please answer a question for me?

As we know, CSQ application is going to take forever to get processed, I have decided to go ahead with Express Entry. Currently, I work in Montreal, so when I apply for the express entry should I say that I have a validated job offer in Montreal? I was worried if I will tell them that I have a job offer in Montreal, the officer might react negatively.

balpreetn

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Quick 2 queries on GCMS notes. If the GCMS notes does not have spouse information ie while ordering GCMS notes you did not submitted spouse consent

#1(Query 1)
On Page 2 where you have below information and eligibility is recommended pass and medical pass does it mean it is only applicable for primary applicant or does that status is including dependent assessment also?

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility:
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality:
Org Crime:
Medical:
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing:
Other Reqs:
Final:

#2 (Query 2)
Again Same query for Notes at the bottom of the GCMs notes, those notes where A11.2: Appears Met and R10 OK. Is it only applicable for Primary applicant or does it say for complete application (ie Primary applicant + dependents)?

Regards

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Well, they can say whatever they want to say. You can't fold your arms and watch your future plans hang on the balance because of CIC. Actually, the person that got the PPR during his call with CIC was happy he called because, if I recall correctly, he mentioned that he was advised by a call center agent to wait for some time more. If you read this condition where CIC advised applicants to contact them after the processing time has exceeded (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html), then you see you shouldn't just listen to the call agents as they can't really do a lot with regards to this. They can only say what they want to say.
I did contact them after the 6 months and that is what I was told, I ordered GCSM Notes twice, besides that what can someone possibly do more?
just wait and hope for the best.

Ashwin Thomas

Oct 11, 2018
hi guys have been hounding the forum for a while now..the waiting is excruciating..i have 2 queris if anyone could help out.
1.my aor is 21 april but medical was passed in june 26.that the longest i have seen between Aor and medical in this forum..does that mean everything else will be delayed also?
2.what happens if you cross the 6month mark and there is no update?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
hi guys have been hounding the forum for a while now..the waiting is excruciating..i have 2 queris if anyone could help out.
1.my aor is 21 april but medical was passed in june 26.that the longest i have seen between Aor and medical in this forum..does that mean everything else will be delayed also?
2.what happens if you cross the 6month mark and there is no update?
1. Difficult to say
2. Nothing happens ... you wait ... or you can call CIC without any update ... You can raise a CSE and wait another 3 weeks for a standard apply... and last option is to order GCMS notes.

My suggestion is order GCMS notes and see what is happening with your file. I know people suggest to be patient and all but I think people should order GCMS notes at 3/4 month mark if there are no updates. In your case I hope you get your PPR before you receive notes. But order notes without any delay.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi Cherti,

I have been following your post for quite some time. Could you please answer a question for me?

As we know, CSQ application is going to take forever to get processed, I have decided to go ahead with Express Entry. Currently, I work in Montreal, so when I apply for the express entry should I say that I have a validated job offer in Montreal? I was worried if I will tell them that I have a job offer in Montreal, the officer might react negatively.
I have answered this question many times. Please see the CEC from Quebec thread.

moyaeng

Mar 15, 2017
Hi everyone,

I submitted an application for PR through express entry program on April 24. My husband is a dependent in this application, we both are in Canada. I want to order GCMS notes for our application. should each of us order separate notes? Or when I order the notes for myself and upload the consent form having my husband signature I can receive application information for both of us?

Thanks,

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi everyone,

I submitted an application for PR through express entry program on April 24. My husband is a dependent in this application, we both are in Canada. I want to order GCMS notes for our application. should each of us order separate notes? Or when I order the notes for myself and upload the consent form having my husband signature I can receive application information for both of us?

Thanks,
You will get notes for both if you give signatures on consent form for both.

Reactions: moyaeng