Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
11 months and 10 days in the making! Needless to say I have gone to the brink of my patience. File is in Sydney Nova Scotia. Medicals due to expire this Friday the 22nd. I dont even know what to look forward to any more.

Reactions: matper18

minhajunnisa.cse

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Completed 11 months 15 days today and no response from them even when I raised CSE. They only send generic responses. Even the call center agents are not giving any info. My Medicals might expire on 29 Mar. This looks like an ultimate test of patience.:(

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
I actually received a similar random email from Centralized Intake Office that my application is awaiting officer's review and it was a reply to my CSE from January 28, 2019 but I've already received a reply to that email in January but just generic one. So very similar situation
exactly the same situation! I read in some old post from 2015-2016 and 2017 that it could mean that everything is done ( BG check, eligibility, Security) and the file is waiting for final review and PPR.

Kingever

Dec 13, 2018
today I got an email from CIC! My heart was pumping out of my chest, I was hoping for the golden email but instead that's what I got:

Hello,

This email is in response to an inquiry via the Call Centre requesting the status of the above-noted application.

The application is awaiting the review of an agent.

Notification will be sent in due course.

The Inquiry was sent January the 4th.....2 months and a half just to reply!
It came from Sydney, Nova Scotia but I was told when I asked that my application was processed in Ottawa.
Second, what does it mean that the Notification will be sent in due course? If they didn't tell me a due date.
Any of you guys have gotten something similar? What are the expert's thoughts?
348 days and counting........THANKS TO ALL!
I got the same email back in Dec !!

hahaHHH

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Category........
So what will happen if the medical expires?

Will IRCC request us to do the medical again?

Is there any other thing that may be required from IRCC?

pavelksg

Jun 13, 2018
Hi, everyone,

This is to everyone who has been waiting for almost a year. Please don't lose faith!

I got PPR on 18th of March.

AOR: April 23 (FSW from abroad)
IP2: April 29 (I don't know when exactly, the only email that says "application updated" was on 4/29/2018)
May 17: RPRF requested and paid
May 18: request for the details of Military service
June 4: request for SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND / DECLARATION. Sent on the same day
June 5: request for DETAILS OF MILITARY SERVICE form. Sent on the same day
Feb 13: request for a second medical exam
March 7: passed medical exam status
March 18: PPR

For those who got PPR and passports stamped, I have a question. My wife's passport expires on 26/03/2020. For personal circumstances, we would like to delay our landing as much as possible (till end Feb 2020). In addition, we are traveling in 1 week and can't send passports for stamping. The letter says we need to get it done in 30 days. New passport takes up to 2 months to be done. Do you think that we can request for the extension of visa stamping by 2 months? We are applying for her new passport tomorrow.

minhajunnisa.cse

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi, everyone,

This is to everyone who has been waiting for almost a year. Please don't lose faith!

I got PPR on 18th of March.

AOR: April 23 (FSW from abroad)
IP2: April 29 (I don't know when exactly, the only email that says "application updated" was on 4/29/2018)
May 17: RPRF requested and paid
May 18: request for the details of Military service
June 4: request for SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND / DECLARATION. Sent on the same day
June 5: request for DETAILS OF MILITARY SERVICE form. Sent on the same day
Feb 13: request for a second medical exam
March 7: passed medical exam status
March 18: PPR

For those who got PPR and passports stamped, I have a question. My wife's passport expires on 26/03/2020. For personal circumstances, we would like to delay our landing as much as possible (till end Feb 2020). In addition, we are traveling in 1 week and can't send passports for stamping. The letter says we need to get it done in 30 days. New passport takes up to 2 months to be done. Do you think that we can request for the extension of visa stamping by 2 months? We are applying for her new passport tomorrow.
Congrats !!!
Could you please let me know at which visa office your application was?

minhajunnisa.cse

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
I contacted CPC-Ottawa and got the below response.

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.
Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when the application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.
Delays in the processing of visa applications are always frustrating to all concerned. We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum."

Through the forum I learnt that if application is in SS we get such response. But I was in SS from July 2018 and in Dec 2018 I was told that I passed security. Could someone help me in understanding why I got such email now after security is passed?

Vik_Ig

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
exactly the same situation! I read in some old post from 2015-2016 and 2017 that it could mean that everything is done ( BG check, eligibility, Security) and the file is waiting for final review and PPR.
honestly, every case is so different and all those notifications are so random and usually with no meaning behind, that I wouldn't rely on possibility:) we'll have to wait without any clear instructions:(

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Well Ladies and Gentlemen.. Today is my Medicals Anniversary... which means 18 days more to go for my 1 year PR application anniversary. Dont even know what to feel anymore now!