+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Supervisa within Canada

ezirahc

Mar 21, 2018
No, LICO is not considered for extending the stay
Hi Bryanna,

Thank you for patiently answering my questions. I have more questions for you if you don' mind.

1. If I apply Super Visa for my mom, do I need to include her old passport or I'll only send a photocopy of old passport and it's pages or neither of the two and just send the new one? Her old passport has the counterfoil.

2. What documents I can show to convince the immigration that my mom has strong ties in her home country?

3. If I provide bank statement, how long for the activity of my account I need to show?

4. My mom TRV counterfoil will expire on September 10, 2018. What do u think is the best time to apply for Super visa? Or do I need to wait first for the result of her extension?

Thank you in advance!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. If I apply Super Visa for my mom, do I need to include her old passport or I'll only send a photocopy of old passport and it's pages or neither of the two and just send the new one? Her old passport has the counterfoil.
It depends on how you're applying.

Online app: Scan the bio pages + the TRV counterfoil
Paper app: You can submit the old passport

2. What documents I can show to convince the immigration that my mom has strong ties in her home country?
For the super visa, your financial situation is important. Nonetheless, your mom must demonstrate some strong ties (property ownership, any other reason to return home)

3. If I provide bank statement, how long for the activity of my account I need to show?
Your husband can be the co-signer to meet LICO. You'll need to include his NOA + financials (bank statements, investments, rental income, etc) and your financials too + marriage certificate

4. My mom TRV counterfoil will expire on September 10, 2018. What do u think is the best time to apply for Super visa? Or do I need to wait first for the result of her extension?
I would suggest she stays in her home country for some months before she applies for a super visa

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
@Bryanna
I have finally submitted supervisa application for my mother today.
I had mistakenly selected gender as male in the application form which I found in the auto generated biometrics letter which came with the same gender as it was selected in the application form. Right away, I submitted query through online web form. There was a question where is the application submitted and as I didn't know which country's embassy the system has forwarded the application therefore I selected Islamabad, Pakistan based on the applicant's current residence and citizenship.
I know I could have sent them a new application form with corrected entry through the online web form but I decided to submit a new application from the scratch and requested the withdrawal of the previous application as you know it takes anytime from a month to several months for them to correct the application on their end and then generate a new biometrics letter with the correct entity and my mother has already a flight scheduled for Canada in two weeks based on her existing regular visitor's visa. So time was a critical factor here
Need you advise, do you think I should also send an email to the same visa office for application withdrawal or webform will do the job?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
I have finally submitted supervisa application for my mother today.
Perfect. After a patient, long wait. Fingers crossed for your mom

I had mistakenly selected gender as male in the application form which I found in the auto generated biometrics letter which came with the same gender as it was selected in the application form. Right away, I submitted query through online web form. There was a question where is the application submitted and as I didn't know which country's embassy the system has forwarded the application therefore I selected Islamabad, Pakistan based on the applicant's current residence and citizenship.
Do send another CSE because Pakistan TRV apps are processed by the Abu Dhabi visa office, not Islamabad VO

I know I could have sent them a new application form with corrected entry through the online web form but I decided to submit a new application from the scratch and requested the withdrawal of the previous application as you know it takes anytime from a month to several months for them to correct the application on their end and then generate a new biometrics letter with the correct entity and my mother has already a flight scheduled for Canada in two weeks based on her existing regular visitor's visa. So time was a critical factor here
Need you advise, do you think I should also send an email to the same visa office for application withdrawal or webform will do the job?
Withdrawing the first application is not necessary. It's a minor correction + your mom's details are already on the IRCC system from the time of her TRV. So, it's quite clearly a selection error

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Perfect. After a patient, long wait. Fingers crossed for your mom

Do send another CSE because Pakistan TRV apps are processed by the Abu Dhabi visa office, not Islamabad VO

Withdrawing the first application is not necessary. It's a minor correction + your mom's details are already on the IRCC system from the time of her TRV. So, it's quite clearly a selection error
I just submitted another CSE but this time it didn't ask for the office name. So most probably it will go to some IRCC's central office and they will take it from there.
Also I have noticed, I think because of this mistake the system generate a new UCI#, so In my message on CSE form I did mentioned the new UCI for their reference but in the actual UCI field I added my mother's original UCI# and ofcourse the application# to be cancelled in the relevant field.

Besides this, the upfront medical was a bad nightmare. They bothered my mother a lot but finally, its done.
What happened is that my mother was scheduled for upfront medical in early January. On the medical examination day they found a spot on her chest X-RAY and this triggered them for further tests like sputum, culture etc. After they collected samples for three consecutive days in January they gave her a followup date. The messed up the followup date by verbally notifying her to come on April 6 but somewhere on some document they wrote her April 5th. So she missed this because she was told to come back on April 6 but in reality they had April 5 for her. Later they scheduled her for another date. So on the new date she went through assessment with a pulmonologist who assessed her new/old X-RAYs and sputum/culture test reports and every things turns out to be clear. I don't why the doctor gave her a copy of his internal report which I guess is not supposed to be given to the applicants not only this but he also did not gave her the actual client emedical information sheet which is the document to to be submitted to IRCC. So when I realized this, I asked her to go there the next day and ask them for your copy. She went again and the guys who work there has no ethics like nobody was responding or helping her. They started arguing her that she might have lost the client copy and that it was given to her in January. She said I never got it neither in January nor at the followup day and even if I had it but lost it then why would I hide it. They were so rude and illogical and was telling her to send email to their HQ or whatever office for a copy but she said why would I send email when I haven't got the client copy in first place and then my mother turned back to walkout but before she walked out the guy there printed the copy and gave it to her.
My mother is 60+, she depresses quick for unpleasant things and then hypertension problem on top of that so I was extremely upset with whole thing but I couldn't do anything from here.
I would suggest everyone going to IOM Islamabad for medical to be extra careful and pay attention to every small things and don't leave until you get answers to all your questions.

dalvirpandher

Apr 25, 2014
Hello.. .i submitted my canada visitor visa file with my wife nd daughter ( 1.5 yrs) .. i m an govt employee in punjab.. i attached my salary statement for financial year 2017-2018 and leave granted from department.. nd income tax returns for 2015-16,2016-17,2017-18...nd property details that r on my parents name... my bank statement for 6 month... from canada side. ..i had sponsor letter from my wife's real sister.. their all returns and abnk statments nd their PR card copies

plz tell can i get visitor visa?if i can then for how much time

dalvirpandher

Apr 25, 2014
sir ..reason of my return to punjab is my govt job nd leave granted only for 50 days i hv attached these both documents alongwith my experience certificate nd salary statement

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
how much percent Chance's are for my visa?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to guess the chances of getting a TRV.

If you applied by paper then you should create your GCKey and try linking your paper application to your online account for more processing updates

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
@Bryanna
As you I mentioned that I submitted another application while requested IRCC to withdraw the previous one.
I am bit curious that why would the system generate a new UCI# even though I have mentioned the existing UCI in the application form. Do you think it could be a technical glitch? Do you think I should contact IRCC for this? I think I am getting too much anxious about this

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
As you I mentioned that I submitted another application while requested IRCC to withdraw the previous one.
I am bit curious that why would the system generate a new UCI# even though I have mentioned the existing UCI in the application form. Do you think it could be a technical glitch? Do you think I should contact IRCC for this? I think I am getting too much anxious about this
No idea why the system generated another UCI Number. Think of it this way: It's perfectly okay even if you had not mentioned the UCI Number.

I wouldn't contact IRCC for this. They know their system :)

IMO, you're overthinking. Hopefully your mom will get a passport request in the next couple of weeks

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
@Bryanna
My mother has arrived today without any issue. Previously, we had doubt if the current visitor's visa remains valid or not while supervisa is being processed for which IRCC representative also confirmed on twitter but it is confirmed practically today that visa remains valid while other application is being processed.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
My mother has arrived today without any issue. Previously, we had doubt if the current visitor's visa remains valid or not while supervisa is being processed for which IRCC representative also confirmed on twitter but it is confirmed practically today that visa remains valid while other application is being processed.
That's fantastic.

Now, we know as a fact:
1. An existing, valid TRV will not be cancelled while a super visa application is being processed, and

2. Based on the case of hims0912's mom we know that a valid TRV will be replaced by the PG-1 counterfoil when the super visa is approved

Have a wonderful time with your mom. Hope she gets her super visa soon :)

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
@Bryanna
You remember I requested to withdraw the supervisa application in which I made gender mistake.
Just got the update and they cancelled the wrong application for which I corrected the mistake and biometrics is also done.
What should I do in this case?