+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Supervisa within Canada

Natuh

Mar 15, 2018
I think it may not work for another reason.

Your mom would be applying for a super visa on the strength of you being the PR host. IRCC clearly assumes that you will be financially responsible for her entire visit, which includes purchasing medical insurance for her super visa + meeting LICO, of course.

Your brother is not a PR + your mom is not financially dependent on him for a super visa (as per the visa application) + two siblings cannot financially support a parent's super visa application
That is indeed a very good point, since my brother is not a PR, and I believe his name will show in the insurance somewhere, that would make it questionable as It will be seen as he will be paying for the insurance, when is me who is really paying for it. What if I could prove I am the one paying?

If not I may just purchase a regular medical insurance that is not attached to any person, right? Although, I believe after reading all the threads that I am not able to apply for a super visa since she is already in Canada, it would just have to be a visa extension... if this is correct, is a mandatory requirement to have this 1-year insurance? or it could be bypassed since is just a visa extension?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Although, I believe after reading all the threads that I am not able to apply for a super visa since she is already in Canada, it would just have to be a visa extension... if this is correct, is a mandatory requirement to have this 1-year insurance? or it could be bypassed since is just a visa extension?
That's correct. You would be applying to extend her stay (IMM 5708). In that case, insurance is not mandatory/not asked. She would need to submit financial documents (yours and/or hers) to prove she can support her extended stay

ezirahc

Mar 21, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I have some questions and hopefully someone can help me. I'm going to apply for extension for my mom but this year I didn' meet the required LICO for I was on maternity leave last year. My question are as follows:

1. For extension of visa, do I need to include my husband as a cosigner? If yes, what are the requirements?

2. My mom's visitor visa ( counterfoil) will expire on September 2018. Can I apply a new visitor visa within Canada?

Thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. For extension of visa, do I need to include my husband as a cosigner? If yes, what are the requirements?
To extend your mom's stay, you would need to complete IMM 5708. She must submit financial documents to prove she can support her extended stay.

If she does not have adequate finances, your husband can include his bank statement + the marriage certificate.

2. My mom's visitor visa ( counterfoil) will expire on September 2018. Can I apply a new visitor visa within Canada?
No, she cannot

ezirahc

Mar 21, 2018
To extend your mom's stay, you would need to complete IMM 5708. She must submit financial documents to prove she can support her extended stay.

If she does not have adequate finances, your husband can include his bank statement + the marriage certificate.

No, she cannot

Thank you for the quick reply, I really appreciate it.
Question:
1. For extension of visa, do they still look if I meet the required LICO? I have money in my bank but I'm just worried about my annual income. It's only 39k and I need to have 45k for a family of 4 including my mom that's for applying for Super Visa. I don't know if it applies as well in extension of visa.

Natuh

Mar 15, 2018
That's correct. You would be applying to extend her stay (IMM 5708). In that case, insurance is not mandatory/not asked. She would need to submit financial documents (yours and/or hers) to prove she can support her extended stay
Thank you very much Bryanna, one last question; can we send everything through her online account?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. For extension of visa, do they still look if I meet the required LICO? I have money in my bank but I'm just worried about my annual income. It's only 39k and I need to have 45k for a family of 4 including my mom that's for applying for Super Visa. I don't know if it applies as well in extension of visa.
No, LICO is not considered for extending the stay

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Hi @Bryanna , Need you help !

My parents applied for a super visa on feb 20th , My dad lives in KSA for work and my Mom lives in India with my siblings...today my mom received a message in the cic account asking her to confirm that she is currently living or is lawfully admitted to KSA. She lives in India though !

How would she go about explaining this to CIC ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My parents applied for a super visa on feb 20th , My dad lives in KSA for work and my Mom lives in India with my siblings...today my mom received a message in the cic account asking her to confirm that she is currently living or is lawfully admitted to KSA. She lives in India though !
Does your mom have a dependent visa/resident permit in KSA because of your dad's status?
Is your mom living temporarily in India?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nope , She used to live a few years ago, but she now Lives in India permanently.
You can include a small explanation why she lives in India + submit some evidence like:
1. Income Tax Assessment (which would indicate she does not have NRI status > 182 days outside India)
2. Indian resident bank statements (not NRE or NRO accounts)
3. Utility bills issued in her name
4. Credit card bills in her name
5. Scan all pages of her passport

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
You can include a small explanation why she lives in India + submit some evidence like:
1. Income Tax Assessment (which would indicate she does not have NRI status > 182 days outside India)
2. Indian resident bank statements (not NRE or NRO accounts)
3. Utility bills issued in her name
4. Credit card bills in her name
5. Scan all pages of her passport
Thank you for your response .I was wondering as to why is ircc asking this in the first place, they had clearly mentioned in the SOP that they are in different countries. I'll write a small explanation though.