+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Supervisa within Canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
You remember I requested to withdraw the supervisa application in which I made gender mistake.
Just got the update and they cancelled the wrong application for which I corrected the mistake and biometrics is also done.
What should I do in this case?
It would have been simpler to send the amended form instead of cancelling/withdrawing the incorrect application. Anyways. What's done, is done.

You must send the CSE to the Abu Dhabi visa office to inquire if the biometrics can be considered for the new application. IMO, your mom might need to give her biometrics again

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I sent the CSE and requested them to retrieve the application and cancel the other one.
In worst scenario if I am to do the biometrics here in Canada then where should I take her?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I sent the CSE and requested them to retrieve the application and cancel the other one.
In worst scenario if I am to do the biometrics here in Canada then where should I take her?
Let's see what the visa office has to say. Hope she doesn't have to give her biometrics again :)

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Let's see what the visa office has to say. Hope she doesn't have to give her biometrics again :)
Yeh, I hope so.
I couldn't find biometrics center in Canada but the closest one is Buffalo which is one and half hour drive and luckily she has the US visa so we can visit there.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeh, I hope so.
I couldn't find biometrics center in Canada but the closest one is Buffalo which is one and half hour drive and luckily she has the US visa so we can visit there.
When she applied for her super visa (incorrect gender application), did the visa office send her a Biometrics Instruction Letter?

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
When she applied for her super visa (incorrect gender application), did the visa office send her a Biometrics Instruction Letter?
Yes. As it's the online application so right after I submitted, system generated the Biometrics letter and that's where I found the gender mistake.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes. As it's the online application so right after I submitted, system generated the Biometrics letter and that's where I found the gender mistake.
I had missed a point earlier. According to IRCC, if an applicant has a valid visa then the biometrics remain valid for 10 years from the date it was given (if s/he applies for another visa). If this is the case, your mom does not have to give biometrics again.

You may want to clarify this with the visa office

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I had missed a point earlier. According to IRCC, if an applicant has a valid visa then the biometrics remain valid for 10 years from the date it was given (if s/he applies for another visa). If this is the case, your mom does not have to give biometrics again.

You may want to clarify this with the visa office
Biometrics won't be hard to deal with even if they request it again for the application which they have cancelled. I think this happened because the officer saw two applications and he or she decided to cancel the one which we don't want to cancel. It seems either he didn't see anything about the CSE inquiry or if CSE inquiry is there then he didn't read it. So he cancelled the 2nd application while left the first one opened, thinking that applicant will do the biometrics and he will take from there.
Now, the application which I want to withdraw has only 9 days left for Biometrics and I won't take my mother for Biometrics because I informed them about the withdrawal and as per Biometrics letter IRCC states if Biometrics isn't done within 30 days of this letter then the application will be refused. If they don't get the CSE inquiries or don't read them then it's of no use and the active application at this time will be refused for sure.
Other than CSE web inquiry, I don't see any other way to contact Abu Dhabi office. What would you suggest in this matter?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Biometrics won't be hard to deal with even if they request it again for the application which they have cancelled. I think this happened because the officer saw two applications and he or she decided to cancel the one which we don't want to cancel. It seems either he didn't see anything about the CSE inquiry or if CSE inquiry is there then he didn't read it. So he cancelled the 2nd application while left the first one opened, thinking that applicant will do the biometrics and he will take from there.
Now, the application which I want to withdraw has only 9 days left for Biometrics and I won't take my mother for Biometrics because I informed them about the withdrawal and as per Biometrics letter IRCC states if Biometrics isn't done within 30 days of this letter then the application will be refused. If they don't get the CSE inquiries or don't read them then it's of no use and the active application at this time will be refused for sure.
Other than CSE web inquiry, I don't see any other way to contact Abu Dhabi office. What would you suggest in this matter?
I mentioned about the biometrics in case you are planning a visit to the US for giving it again + the biometrics fee.

Each application is processed separately. As she has given her biometrics for the canceled application, the new application may require new biometrics, BUT as per IRCC if she has a valid visa (and she does have a valid TRV), her original biometrics given for the TRV continue to remain valid for 10 years if she applies for a new visa. You may want to reconfirm this point

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I mentioned about the biometrics in case you are planning a visit to the US for giving it again + the biometrics fee.

Each application is processed separately. As she has given her biometrics for the canceled application, the new application may require new biometrics, BUT as per IRCC if she has a valid visa (and she does have a valid TRV), her original biometrics given for the TRV continue to remain valid for 10 years if she applies for a new visa. You may want to reconfirm this point
I get your point but I will reconfirm the biometrics thing once the original issue is sorted out. I doubt another CSE inquiry will create more confusions as there is already confusion because of two applications with one already got cancelled.

aaim9276

May 12, 2018
Hi,
My mother is in Canada on multiple entry visitor visa. She's returning back home on July 07. Can she apply for her Super visa immediately after returning? Or is it recommended to wait for few days/months then apply? In such case what is the reason to wait? Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
My mother is in Canada on multiple entry visitor visa. She's returning back home on July 07. Can she apply for her Super visa immediately after returning? Or is it recommended to wait for few days/months then apply? In such case what is the reason to wait? Thanks
It's advisable to wait for a few months to re-establish her ties to her home country before she applies for a super visa

Reactions: aaim9276

yaros

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
@se7en you mentioned earlier that your mom arrived in Canada on Visitor Visa after applying for super visa in your home country. Does she have to go back when her visa is approved? How are you going to submit her passport for stamp.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
@se7en you mentioned earlier that your mom arrived in Canada on Visitor Visa after applying for super visa in your home country. Does she have to go back when her visa is approved? How are you going to submit her passport for stamp.
If approved then I will request the local office responsible to process the application to allow us stamping in Ottawa and will also send email to Ottawa (CPC-Ottawa is the office) requesting the same.