+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Supervisa within Canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
Looks like my case is going smooth. Received medical request today while I already submitted pre-medical report with the application. Sent CSE Inquiry with the medical sheet again and advised them that the same was submitted already with the application.
That's good to know.

I wonder why don't they look at the whole application.
Good question :)

I know majority of the people with pre-medical get medical requests while application is being processed. Is it because the visa officers are too busy to look at the whole file or there could be different reason?
In your mom's case, maybe it is because the previous file was canceled + you had mentioned about withdrawing/canceling the first incorrect application

Sunny86

May 28, 2018
Post the selections you have made from start to finish that resulted in an option for an inland super visa application
Well I answered all the question from the perspective of someone who is in Canada as a visitor currently.

Purpose - Visitor,
Length-Temporarily more than 6 month ,
Your current residence- Canada,
Your current status - Visitor ,
Do you have a relative- Yes Child,
and then general questions. I did it twice just to be sure because I know CIC website sometimes can become funny but both time it was same result.

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Well I answered all the question from the perspective of someone who is in Canada as a visitor currently.

Purpose - Visitor,
Length-Temporarily more than 6 month ,
Your current residence- Canada,
Your current status - Visitor ,
Do you have a relative- Yes Child,
and then general questions. I did it twice just to be sure because I know CIC website sometimes can become funny but both time it was same result.
You are right... I juss tried the eligibility tool and it does seem possible to apply for a supervisa from within Canada

As long as they don’t have a valid supervisa....

https://imgur.com/a/NRnrhWg

I got up to this point so it should be very much possible...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You are right... I juss tried the eligibility tool and it does seem possible to apply for a supervisa from within Canada

As long as they don’t have a valid supervisa....

https://imgur.com/a/NRnrhWg

I got up to this point so it should be very much possible...
Not possible.

I used the 'Come to Canada' tool to double check just now. The tool does NOT result in applying for a super visa from within Canada. It only allows for an extension of the current stay as a visitor

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Not possible.

I used the 'Come to Canada' tool to double check just now. The tool does NOT result in applying for a super visa from within Canada. It only allows for an extension of the current stay as a visitor
I used the tool...and selected that I am a visitor in Canada wishing to apply for a supervisa and it does give you the option of a supervisa....
https://m.imgur.com/a/NRnrhWg

That image there proves it

From the document checklist I got here you should be able to turn a valid visitor visa to a supervisa from within Canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I used the tool...and selected that I am a visitor in Canada wishing to apply for a supervisa and it does give you the option of a supervisa....
https://m.imgur.com/a/NRnrhWg

That image there proves it

From the document checklist I got here you should be able to turn a valid visitor visa to a supervisa from within Canada
The result does not give a super visa application.

This is the standard form to extend the current authorized stay (whether on a TRV or a super visa, etc)

Reactions: bellaluna

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018

This is the standard form to extend the current authorized stay (whether on a TRV or a super visa, etc)
Document list is for a supervisa.... so you would be changing from an ordinary trv to a supervisa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Document list is for a supervisa.... so you would be changing from an ordinary trv to a supervisa
No. That's not correct. The image is only *an application to extend* the current stay. And, more importantly, that extension will lapse when the applicant leaves the country.

When someone uses this form to *extend the stay*, s/he will receive only a 'visitor record' mailed to him/her. S/he will NOT get a stamped PG-1 super visa counterfoil in the passport that would allow future re-entries

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018

No. That's not correct. The image is only *an application to extend* the current stay. And, more importantly, that extension will lapse when the applicant leaves the country.

When someone uses this form to *extend the stay*, s/he will receive only a 'visitor record' mailed to him/her. S/he will NOT get a stamped PG-1 super visa counterfoil in the passport that would allow future re-entries
https://imgur.com/a/1y8nvBA

Supervisa in Canada.....
Then code of the profile created... review the answers....

Doesn’t talk about a visitor record or extent stay... it also says change conditions... which in this case one would be doing...

So I agreed to disagree.....