+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Supervisa within Canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Step1:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/apply.html
-Go under Apply Online
-Determine your eligibility and apply online.
Step2: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html
Step 3: http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do
What would you like to do in Canada?
Visit
How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Visit Temporarily - more than six months
Do you have family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
Yes
At end of Eligibility Questions it gives me a number and says
Based on your answers, you may be eligible to come to Canada as a visitor.
Good.

You're making the right selections. A super visa is a 'visitor' visa.

But, don't stop at this page. You would need to continue making the selections until you finally reach the page that would give you the list of suggested documents + the Visa fees, etc

jeed87

Jul 4, 2017
Oh man thanks so much. I was able to figure it out. I kept putting in parent it was from point of view of parents so it had to be child !!!! thank you so much for your help.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Step1:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/apply.html
-Go under Apply Online
-Determine your eligibility and apply online.
Step2: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html
Step 3: http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do
What would you like to do in Canada?
Visit
How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Visit Temporarily - more than six months
Do you have family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
Yes
At end of Eligibility Questions it gives me a number and says
Based on your answers, you may be eligible to come to Canada as a visitor.
After you answered yes to “Do you have family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?”, go to the next page or so where it asks your relationship with the person, thus the applicant relationship to you. Select child/grandchild and continue. At last page it will give you three options: Family class, visitor and supervise. Choose super visa and continue. And you are done!

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
@Bryanna

There is a question on application form "funds available for your stay in Canada". Need your insight on this specific situation:
I have a regular account which has for say CAD 10K and then I also have another TFSA account where I have for say CAD 40K but I am using that money for trading within the TFSA account. So should I mention the amount only I have in my regular account or it can be the combined amount fromregular account + TFSA account?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
There is a question on application form "funds available for your stay in Canada". Need your insight on this specific situation:
I have a regular account which has for say CAD 10K and then I also have another TFSA account where I have for say CAD 40K but I am using that money for trading within the TFSA account. So should I mention the amount only I have in my regular account or it can be the combined amount fromregular account + TFSA account?[/USER]

This refers to the funds which your mom has for her visit

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
This refers to the funds which your mom has for her visit
You mean it is going to be the amount in her personal account back home? I thought it is going to be the amount the supervisa sponser's has in his/her account. She is my dependent in either way if we show the amount in that bank account back home or my account here.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You mean it is going to be the amount in her personal account back home? I thought it is going to be the amount the supervisa sponser's has in his/her account. She is my dependent in either way if we show the amount in that bank account back home or my account here.
No, it is the liquid funds that she has for her visit.

You will be submitting your financial documents separately + the promise letter to financially support her 2 years' visit

sunil_k_gupta

Aug 11, 2014
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

My mother has visitor visa valid till year 2022. Today we have applied for her Super visa from our home country. Can she travel to Canada on visitor visa while her Super visa file is under processing? This way her application would be pushed to the local visa office for processing and once she is here in Canada while her application is still being processed at the local visa office. And then later on we can request the local visa office to facilitate the visa stamping in Canada if Super visa gets approved.

Do you think this make sense?
Regards,
Sunil

Natuh

Mar 15, 2018
Hello all! I am looking for some advice in regards to medical insurance for my mother who is already in Canada. We are applying for super visa or visa extension from within Canada. The thing is my brother, who lives with me, is currently a student at an Ontario college and has international medical insurance. If he includes my mother as a dependent for the one year required, and all the requirements for the medical insurance are met, will this be accepted by the immigration officer?

Also, I have created an account for my mother. Can I send her application online or do I have to send the application package to Vegreville?

Hope you can give me some advice. Thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My mother has visitor visa valid till year 2022. Today we have applied for her Super visa from our home country. Can she travel to Canada on visitor visa while her Super visa file is under processing? This way her application would be pushed to the local visa office for processing and once she is here in Canada while her application is still being processed at the local visa office. And then later on we can request the local visa office to facilitate the visa stamping in Canada if Super visa gets approved.
Did she do her medicals upfront?

I would recommend you confirm with her local visa office whether or not she can travel on her current TRV.

Someone else on here did ask IRCC, on Twitter, if the TRV would continue to remain valid even if the super visa application is refused. Nonetheless, it doesn't hurt to ask twice (not on Twitter) just to be doubly sure

Reactions: sunil_k_gupta

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
No, it is the liquid funds that she has for her visit.

You will be submitting your financial documents separately + the promise letter to financially support her 2 years' visit
Just be more clear, the amount to mention under "Funds available for my stay(CAD)" on the application form has to be the amount in her own bank account?
If I am going to provide financial support promissory letter then I think logically it has to be the amount that I have in my account here? I did the same when I applied for her regular visitor's visa few years back.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Hello friends,

Do you think this make sense?
Regards,
Sunil
I am doing exactly the same thing and as Bryanna said, someone on this forum confirmed with IRCC through twitter that the existing visa doesn't get cancelled if applied for another visa in different category. You can check the previous posts in this thread to find the reference to that.

Reactions: sunil_k_gupta

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just be more clear, the amount to mention under "Funds available for my stay(CAD)" on the application form has to be the amount in her own bank account?
Yes, it is the liquid funds available in her bank account, foreign currencies, rental income, cash (if taxes have been paid), etc

If I am going to provide financial support promissory letter then I think logically it has to be the amount that I have in my account here? I did the same when I applied for her regular visitor's visa few years back.
That was incorrect if you showed your funds as her funds for her TRV application.

IRCC will assess your financial ability to support your mom's visit. Your financial documents will be mentioned/referenced in your invitation letter and promissory note.

Also, the funds you have in your bank account currently would not help to support your mom's 2-year stay, right? That's why your NOAs, employment letter and other such financial documents are needed

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Yes, it is the liquid funds available in her bank account, foreign currencies, rental income, cash (if taxes have been paid), etc

That was incorrect if you showed your funds as her funds for her TRV application.

IRCC will assess your financial ability to support your mom's visit. Your financial documents will be mentioned/referenced in your invitation letter and promissory note.

Also, the funds you have in your bank account currently would not help to support your mom's 2-year stay, right? That's why your NOAs, employment letter and other such financial documents are needed
I still don't understand the logic. If I am saying that I am going to be responsible for her trip expenses to/from/in Canada and even her lodging and boarding expenses I think it does mean that the funds I have in my account are available to her and the logically right answer to question "Funds available for my stay(CAD)". As far as the financial ability is concerned, that is to be supported by employment letter/NOA/T4 etc and my bank statement which is not only going to prove the amount entered under Funds available for my stay(CAD) but also the financial ability.

I think if one is meant to financially support a trip by him/herself then that's to be the amount in individual's own account.

I may be wrong on my understanding on this matter but this is at least what I was standing by up to now.

One more question, invitation letter and promissory note can be all together one single letter or they have to be separate?